Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-26-2015, 02:38 AM   #41
mabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux View Post
There is a problem with this. Quantising MIDI items at default settings changes the play rate. However, if you deselect quantise item ends and stretch item to fit then it will stretch but not change the play rate. Notes will move but then quantising all the notes shifts them back to exactly correct time.
Is the item (and/or project default) timebase set to Beats (the one without playrate specified)? AFAIK, with timebase set to beats, quantize or other move operations should never affect playrate!

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #42
efflux
Human being with feelings

mabian.

I'm not sure. I'll look at that but as for the main problem that I've ranting about because it was killing Reaper for me, I think it may be fixed in the new version. New projects do not seem to be displaying the problem. Old projects are reading out that the items are perfectly snapped (where I already moved them) but really they are one tick off. I can now fix that but I think in my new projects, it has all snapped accurately. If this is the case, then it's great news. I've been back in Logic and can't stand it to be honest. I'm moving more projects to Reaper now.
efflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #43
efflux

This is what you get. The sequence ends up having to be constantly repaired. It's only slightly out but this is no good at all. Reaper MIDI snapping is completely broken with a problem like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper Snapping.jpg (23.6 KB, 3397 views)
Old 01-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #44
efflux

By the way, I have set the timeline to beats. I've yet to totally confirm this but I think the new Reaper snaps correctly in this scenario. However, I have had things go out while moving regions and the timeline was set to beats. There are definitely differences with the new Reaper.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #45
noise_construct

I had this bug once with painted kick hits, but can't really replicate it anymore. if you have a procedure I can try?
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #46
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux View Post
This is what you get. The sequence ends up having to be constantly repaired. It's only slightly out but this is no good at all. Reaper MIDI snapping is completely broken with a problem like this.
Try with enabled "Snap to project sample rate" in Snap settings + "Force projet tempo ... to occur on whole samples". Should solve such issues.
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #47
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise_construct View Post
I had this bug once with painted kick hits, but can't really replicate it anymore. if you have a procedure I can try?
Yeah, I think it's fixed. Can't reproduce it anymore.

FIXED (5.12)
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:40 AM   #48
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
If you have snap on, and you draw a note that appears to be snapped, but it's actually not snapped, that's not a rounding error, it's a bug.

If possible, the next time you notice this happen, please save-as the project before carrying on, and when you get a chance, post the project.
Six years later, but a user has recently posted a project that shows weird note snapping/quantizing behavior in the thread Error MIDI editor in Reaper.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #49
juliansader

Fixed in v5.25pre3!
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote