Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #321
Javier Robledo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
The error might be, that you have the entry 336560F6444C4D2 twice in this block.

-Data
Hi Mr. Data, I have already deleted the line but it's still in english once I open Reaper

Do you have also problems with that dialog in your langpack ?

I thinks so, I have already tried it with your langpack and happens the same

Thanks
Javier Robledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:10 AM   #322
Javier Robledo

This particular String is also in Common Section and appears in English in that Dialog even been trasnlated:

BAC64C1B2E060EE5=Cerrar
Old 01-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #323
Mr. Data

The string for hashcode BAC64C1B2E060EE5 appears 35 times in the langpack.
And yes, I have the same issue with that particular dialog.
Code:
[DLG_576] ; IDD_DEVICE_ERRORS
The strings won't translate, but strings shown in the text area of the dialog, that are not in that block of the langpack, translate.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 01-17-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:25 AM   #324
Phroneris

Default Error installing LangPack when the resource path contains multibyte characters

Hello. I'm posting on REAPER forum for the first time... (getting nervous)

I make a Japanese LangPack and research how it's used.
Major matters for beginners seem that they meet an "Error installing language pack!" alert, and I find that it sometimes result from the above subject matter.
An username of PC can have multibyte characters because he/she is a Japanese, then the resource path becomes multibyted like "C:\Users\花子\AppData\Roaming\REAPER" and it causes errors.
This issue also occurs in portable installation mode. If the portable path has multibyte characters (e.g. "H:\リーパー"), the same error appears when d&d a LangPack file to apply.
I'm happy as a Japanese REAPER user if it's fixed.

Then, is this an "issue with localizing" to post here?
Old 08-31-2017, 12:08 PM   #325
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroneris View Post

Major matters for beginners seem that they meet an "Error installing language pack!" alert, and I find that it sometimes result from the above subject matter.
An username of PC can have multibyte characters because he/she is a Japanese, then the resource path becomes multibyted like "C:\Users\花子\AppData\Roaming\REAPER" and it causes errors.
This issue also occurs in portable installation mode. If the portable path has multibyte characters (e.g. "H:\リーパー"), the same error appears when d&d a LangPack file to apply.

Hi Phroneris,

welcome to the Reaper forums!
There's absolutely no reason to get nervous!
Most of the people here are very kind and willing to help whenever they can.

I really don't know whether it's a Windows or a Reaper problem, but I reckon it might be the latter, 'cos inside the language packs themselves these problems occur in other languages like German, French or Polish as well, where special characters only used in these languages appear and these are shown faulty in some cases, although installation of the langpacks is no problem in these languages.

I'd propose to emphasize this problem as often as you can, so it gets resolved at some point. But regrettably localization isn't really high on the developers' agenda at the moment, so be patient!

However: great you're here!

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-31-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:21 PM   #326
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroneris View Post

Thanks! we will improve support for installing to paths that contain non-latin characters, as well as for AppData paths with such characters.

This will come in 5.51pre1, hopefully sometime in September!

Cheers,

Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #327
Mr. Data

Well, Justin, that's good news for users like Phroneris in the far east and such contries using non-latin characters.

Thanks for that!

@ Phroneris:

As you can see, responses can be very quick here and not only most users, but the developers as well, are very kind and helpful. So once again: no need to get nervous. In fact you're welcome to state criticism and proposals.

It won't take long to discover how powerful and versatile Reaper is, if you haven't already.

-Data
Old 08-31-2017, 04:40 PM   #328
Mr. Data

Oh I forgot, Justin.

Maybe you could have a look at my postings 285-287, 289 and 302.
There are strings (I have to admit, I don't know witch in particular right now) that won't translate and not in all cases the hashcode tool helps.

Possibly even my proposal in posting 301, concerning alignment of elements might be worth to have 3 or 11 thoughts about.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-31-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:04 PM   #329
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Oh I forgot, Justin.

Maybe you could have a look at my postings 285-287, 289 and 302.
There are strings (I have to admit, I don't know witch in particular right now) that won't translate and not in all cases the hashcode tool helps.

Possibly even my proposal in posting 301, concerning alignment of elements might be worth to have 3 or 11 thoughts about.

-Data
Maybe we need to just update the templates, then you can list which strings aren't working?

BTW I skimmed those posts, and for one: the description of HSV adjustment using R/G/B is correct -- the red value adjusts hue, green saturation, blue variance (since you define the theme color as RGB)...
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 PM   #330
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Maybe we need to just update the templates, then you can list which strings aren't working?
Yes, some strings, however work when using the hashcode tool, others don't. So an update could help.

Still a big problem remains: We (the ones who translate) always have to search for strings that don't translate and with each new version we have to go through the whole thing, because it sometimes happens that strings, translated in earlier versions won't translate in newer ones anymore.
It would be nice if we could at least rely on our work we've already done.

And what about the alignment thingy?

Quote:
BTW I skimmed those posts, and for one: the description of HSV adjustment using R/G/B is correct -- the red value adjusts hue, green saturation, blue variance (since you define the theme color as RGB)...
Aah yes, that makes things clearer.
Especially the strings in this dialog (the ones with a smaller font if I recall properly) aren't present in the template.

However: Thank you for having a look!

-Data
Old 08-31-2017, 07:26 PM   #331
Justin
Administrator

There is the lang pack merge tool which will add and mark the new entries, but maybe it's not obvious enough how to use it...
Old 08-31-2017, 08:23 PM   #332
Mr. Data

Quote:
There is the lang pack merge tool which will add and mark the new entries, but maybe it's not obvious enough how to use it...
Yes, I know and I've used it, but as I mentioned, some strings simply won't work in new versions anymore that have done in older ones, but most do and I haven't found a reason for that. Sorry, I can't give you explicit examples right now and I still haven't found a pattern in which cases it works and in which it doesn't yet.

I also had cases, where strings were marked as 'possibly obsolete' that actually weren't obsolete at all and did work properly when deleting the preceding semicolon.

In other cases again, I had to change strings in the [common] section and they work, where as they didn't in their explicit section. But then it would be necessary to check, whether and if at all the string appears in other sections properly.
It's quite a hassle sometimes.

As I said, ever since this localization topic is running, we are faced with strings that are translated (and work) with earlier versions, but sometimes won't with newer ones and we have to check every menu, rolldown menu, dialog, action string and whatnot, whether things are as they were before.

Sometimes it even happens, that translated strings in the langpack file won't show translated and when using the online tool it gives the same hashcode, already present in the langpack file, so no way of showing translation. In other cases for some reason another hashcode comes up when using the tool and it suddenly works.

I know, that there has to be taken good care of copying the string into the tool properly, but in some cases I'm standing there quite baffled and, no matter what I try, I won't get the desired result.

If I had an idea of a reliable way to do it, i'd be more pleased.
Also, as I mentioned before, it would be nice to be able to align things.

Anyway: I'm confident we get all this working at some point and then we just have to take care of new or changed strings.

Sorry for appearing a bit confused, but it's late (i.e. very early) here in good ol' Germany and maybe I had one or four beer too much.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 09-01-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #333
Justin
Administrator

Data, I'm not sure what the problem you're having is, but I'm sure it's probably a result of us not updating the template package enough.

Some strings that used to work will no longer work because we changed the english text, causing you to have to add another entry for that edit.

As a refresher on the merge_langpacks tool:

I've just uploaded a 5.50rc21 template.

Then, I took (as an example) the Deutsch.ReaperLangPack linked from reaper.fm, download it, and ran:
Code:
merge_langpacks template_reaper550rc21.ReaperLangPack Deutsch.ReaperLangPack > Deutsch-new.ReaperLangPack
Once I did that, I loaded Deutsch-new.ReaperLangPack, which is functionally the same as Deutsch.ReaperLangPack, but organized with comments as to what are now obsolete vs newly added.

When doing this, it's safe (and preferable!) to leave the possibly-obsolete entries in, as older REAPER versions will still use them!

To update, you can either:
  • Look for the '######## added in template' lines in Deutsch-new.ReaperLangPack and uncomment+translate them
  • If you notice an english string in REAPER, search for that string in Deutsch-new.ReaperLangPack, and uncomment+translate.

Sorry if this is too verbose, just giving an example for reference:

If I search for "# added", an obvious and early instance of something new that needs to be translated is:
Code:
;FAFEDF2AD7647CED=Beat pattern:
This is in the metronome window, among other places... replace it with:
Code:
FAFEDF2AD7647CED=Schlagmuster:
(note removal of ; and apologies for my google translate use)

Save, restart REAPER, and boom.

The other route, if I go to prefs, Pfade, I see "Default path to save new projects:" is untranslated... so I look in Deutsch-new.ReaperLangPack and there it is, edit, uncomment, done.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #334
Mr. Data

Thanks Justin,

I have to say, that it's very kind of you to take the time to explain to me how translation works. But this wouldn't have been necessary, 'cos what you did describe is what I'm doing all the time.
I think we've misunderstood each other and I have to admit, I probably had 243 beer too much or so the other day in addition to the fact that English isn't my native language.

So I'll try to make things clearer, depicting some of the issues.

For instance, in the notation editor, there is no way to translate the menu items in submenu 'Default clef' that appears when clicking on the clef. When entering "Treble+bass" into the online string-calculator it results "1493D83730821EE9=Treble+bass". Since there are other submenus in this menu, it seems logical to me, to put the result of the online tool into the [midi] section of the langpack, where other submenu items of that menu reside, but to no avail. (BTW, same goes for submenu of 'Change clef' of course - it won't work either.)

Another issue is, that there is no way to change notations of notes.

Code:
[tag_note]
D8700B186B534A3B=B
;D86983186B4DF775=C#
;D865DB186B4AA426=D#
;D85BAA186B41FC5E=Gb
;D86FCA186B52DBC8=Ab
;08324707B4EB017A=A
08324607B4EAFFC7=H
;08324507B4EAFE14=C
;08324407B4EAFC61=D
;08324307B4EAFAAE=E
;08324207B4EAF8FB=F
;08324107B4EAF748=G
;08325B07B4EB2376=m
D86CA4186B50655F=Hb
;^D8659C186B4A3919=Db
;^D862B2186B4828A4=Eb
;^D85F0B186B44D708=F#
;^D85BEB186B426AD1=G#
As you can see, there are three notations that need to be changed for German: B -> H, Bb -> Hb and A# -> B. The hashcodes for untranslated entries are correct, But the submenu of the submenu 'Root' of menu item 'Change key signature' still show 'B', 'Bb' and 'A#' as second to fourth menu item, instead of 'H', 'Hb' and 'B'.

This also affects three menu items of the submenu 'Accidental' in [midi_MENU_140], where the entries of the [tag_note] block seem to be used in "69F0934C971CF9E0=Notate as %c%s".

The arrow-marked menu item should show 'H#' instead of 'B#'.
Also, it would be better for a translation into German to be able to exchange '%c' and '%s' in string 'Notate as %c%s', which should result in the string "Als natürliches C notieren (standard)" in the menu, but we get this:

Furthermore, I haven't a clue how to get the following submenu translated:

When, for example, you enter
Code:
+12 C     Piccolo, Xylophone
into the online calculator, it gives back
Code:
1445AE563B25A58D=+12 C Piccolo, Xylophone
(Note, that 4 of the 5 space chars between 'C' and 'Piccolo' are gone in the result!)
Using this result again in the calculator won't help (as I expected anyway).
I suspect, the whole submenu has to go into the [midi] block as well, so I tried to put it there; maybe that's wrong.

I did all this with langpack template 550rc21 and REAPER 5.50rc22, btw.

I hope, that makes some problems that I have with translating a bit clearer, but these aren't the only ones.

Anyway, thank you once again, Justin, for your time dealing with this!
It would be great to have a complete translation at some point.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 09-07-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #335
Justin
Administrator

Thanks Mr. Data, I will look through these (many of the strings above do need to be localized, which is why they are not in the template!).

Also I hope my explanation wasn't taken as condescending, I just wanted to make sure the use of the langpack merge tool was clear...
Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #336
Mr. Data

Quote:
Also I hope my explanation wasn't taken as condescending, I just wanted to make sure the use of the langpack merge tool was clear...
Not to worry, Justin. It wasn't.
I know, you just wanted to lend a helping hand.
And that's what I took it for.

-Data
Old 09-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #337
Phroneris

Quote:
Hi Phroneris,

welcome to the Reaper forums!
There's absolutely no reason to get nervous!
Most of the people here are very kind and willing to help whenever they can.

I really don't know whether it's a Windows or a Reaper problem, but I reckon it might be the latter, 'cos inside the language packs themselves these problems occur in other languages like German, French or Polish as well, where special characters only used in these languages appear and these are shown faulty in some cases, although installation of the langpacks is no problem in these languages.

I'd propose to emphasize this problem as often as you can, so it gets resolved at some point. But regrettably localization isn't really high on the developers' agenda at the moment, so be patient!

However: great you're here!

-Data
I'm very happy to be welcomed!
Your kind response have really removed my concern.

Quote:
Thanks! we will improve support for installing to paths that contain non-latin characters, as well as for AppData paths with such characters.

This will come in 5.51pre1, hopefully sometime in September!

Cheers,

Justin
OK, I'm looking forward that new version!
It's a really nice news for us. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:06 AM   #338
Javier Robledo

Congratulations for All About 5.50 ¡¡¡¡¡

Do we start working translation using this template or is there going to be soon any other Update ?

THANKS ¡¡¡¡

https://www.landoleet.org/i8n/templa...ReaperLangPack
Old 09-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #339
Phroneris

By the way, how does everyone compare one's langpack and the template when translating?
I had developed this Perl tool and have used it to arrange my Japanese langpack.
https://github.com/Phroneris/ReaPerLang
This makes a langpack up-to-date and line-to-line with the newest template file... in exchange for backward compatibility and anticipated translations by the string calculator.
"Line-to-line" means it becomes easy to compare translated words with original strings by using suitable function of some text editor (e.g. Notepad++'s multiple view mode and scroll sync).

Last edited by Phroneris; 08-08-2020 at 12:12 AM. Reason: URL change
Phroneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #340
Mr. Data

Hi Phroneris,

If you scroll up (or click the link) and have a look at Posting 334 by Justin, you may find some answers.

-Data
Old 09-24-2017, 03:56 AM   #341
Javier Robledo

I've been doing it the way Justin says from the begining.

It's very easy at least for me

Old 10-09-2017, 04:39 AM   #342
Phroneris

Yes I already know the official merge tool.
It's great too but it's just for merger, not for comparison.
By using my one, you can make your langpack fit for comparing to the template parallelly (without one-by-one search).

...But I just remember one of reasons I developed it.
That was also because the then official tool didn't have the ability to separate obsolete translations.
And I implemented that function too.
Today the official one does have it, and the value of mine may lower.
However, well, it also may be nice to use the main function to get the line-to-line correspondence in your langpack, so please check it if interested.
_(゚ω゚」∠)_三 _(゚ω゚」∠)_三
Old 10-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #343
Mr. Data

Thanks, Justin for making translation of the clef menus and the note name submenus in the notation editor possible. I finally managed it by putting these entries into the [common] section.

However, I'm sure you are delighted to read () that I have found "a few" more issues I have with translating the whole stuff.

Concerning the notation editor, there are some submenus in the menu, when clicking on a note: have a look:

Translating of note names in all other occurrences doesn't seem to work still, as you can see here:

As you can see in the above two screenshots, translating the word "natural" works now, but on the other hand there's a new even worse problem in this menu. It probably has something to do with this entry:

Code:
69F0934C971CF9E0=Notate as %c%s

The following 5 screenshots make the problem with translating note names obvious, I hope:

This note name issue applies also to the MIDI filter, The Virtual MIDI Keyboard and probably other occurrences, where these strings are used. The only exception I found is, when 'Key snap' in the MIDI editor is enabled; here note name translations work well.

A problem could also arise with the Scale Finder, when a German enters 'H', (s)he'd go nowhere, whereas when entering 'B', (s)he'd get German 'H', when in fact needing English 'A#' i.e. 'Bb' (a German 'B').
Maybe the whole table makes it a bit clearer.
The note names on the right side of '=' with the exception of 'A#' and 'Hb' are most commonly used, I reckon, but it depends on how the music is written. The names in brackets are the German 'spoken versions'.

Code:
C  = C
C# = C# (Cis)
Db = Db (Des)
D  = D
D# = D# (Dis)
Eb = Eb (Es)
E  = E
F  = F
F# = F# (Fis)
Gb = Gb (Ges)
G  = G
G# = G# (Gis)
Ab = Ab (As)
A  = A
A# = B/A# (Ais, but often also B)
Bb = B/Hb (Hes, but mostly B)
B  = H
Cb = Cb (Ces)
As a sidenote, the above screenshot also shows that the keywords in the REAPER notation column can't be translated as well.

Next pic shows the dropdown menus in the 'Create tuplet' dialog ([midi_DLG_137]) that can't be translated.
(At least I didn't find a way to do it.)

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 10-17-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #344
Mr. Data

Normally, when opening an FX window, there's no problem, but when inserting a JSFX, the window suddenly is completely 'untranslated' whatsoever. This applies to the complete window with all buttons and menus.

Whereas the EEL and LUA environment can be (and is) translated, the JS Development Environment can't be done.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 10-17-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #345
Mr. Data

Here are some other issues, that are pending for a long time now.
  • The header of the render queue list [DLG_427] can't be translated i.e. translation won't show up.

• All strings inside the red frame, except the word 'Total' can't be translated.

• The whole dialog [DLG_576] (except the displayed error message itself) can't be translated.

• This menu is only in parts localizable.

(This, in fact, isn't long-pending, but since it stands in conjunction with the next issue, I put it here.)

• Except the caption, this dialog [DLG_288] can't be localized for whatever reason at all. This applies to all strings that can be displayed in it, depending on the setting of the dropdown, which can't be translated as well.

• Translations can't be made for the upper dropdown menu in the theme elements finder [DLG_269]; in the lower dropdown the string "<image file name>" is missing in the template.

• The dropdown menu in [DLG_269] can't be translated

• In the Render dialog, if no title is given, we see the term 'untitled', which also doesn't work in translation.

Not belonging to the list of long-pending impossible translations, this is a quite obscure one, that can't be put into a reasonable format. Besides (or because of) that, the strings ":A", ":a", ":T" and "<space>" ar missing in the template:

Also, there are a few file dialog entries that won't work or something else is wrong with them:
  • In the following case the translated string is truncated.

This is how it should look like:

• When exporting PDF/XML notation sheets, the dialog shows this, but the translation won't show up.

Code:
    [midi_DLG_226] ; IDD_MUSICXML_EXPORT
    ;9747B07E1489BE47=PDF
    ;082E867AA6D15046=Page width:
    ;0B9AD51E230AAA5A=measures
    ;42EF8539C63DAAFE=Author:
    ;1854F0A14CF4A44F=MusicXML
    ;FA3782E0D57C792B=score-partwise
    ;C5393BBF364C9A2B=score-timewise

[midi_DLG_226] ; IDD_MUSICXML_EXPORT 
    9747B07E1489BE47=PDF
    082E867AA6D15046=Seitenbreite: 
    0B9AD51E230AAA5A=Takte
    42EF8539C63DAAFE=Autor: 
    1854F0A14CF4A44F=MusicXML
    FA3782E0D57C792B=Partiturauszug
    C5393BBF364C9A2B=Zeitauszug

• Same goes for the following that deal with text file import and export:

Code:
    [DLG_580] ; IDD_LYRICEXPORT
    ;265F8C42D8F617CB=Lyrics will be exported to a text file, one measure per line, separated by spaces or tabs.
    ;8D7322DC72C4E917=Lyrics will be exported from MIDI lyric events on the last touched track.
    ;B28A52B58A4A4E89=Divide lyrics with tabs every
    ;^268986373F235EF0=beats

[DLG_580] ; IDD_LYRICEXPORT
    265F8C42D8F617CB=Liedtexte werden in eine Textdatei exportiert, ein Takt pro Zeile, getrennt durch Leerzeichen oder Tabs.
    8D7322DC72C4E917=Liedtexte werden als MIDI-Liedtext-Events aus dem zuletzt benutzten Track exportiert.
    B28A52B58A4A4E89=Liedtexte mit Tabs teilen, alle 
    ;^268986373F235EF0=beats

and:

• Code:
    [DLG_579] ; IDD_LYRICIMPORT
    ;4FDC1EFF5C6004A7=Lyrics should be in a text file, one measure per line, separated by spaces or tabs.
    ;94FB231FB797C408=Lyrics will be imported to the last touched track, as MIDI lyric events.
    ;67B478FBAAAE55DA=A new MIDI item will be created on that track if needed.
    ;1196B16C194B9363=Divide lyrics on:
    ;2D34054801CD4D52=every
    ;^268986373F235EF0=beats

[DLG_579] ; IDD_LYRICIMPORT
    4FDC1EFF5C6004A7=Liedtexte sollten in einer Textdatei sein, ein Takt pro Zeile, getrennt durch Leerzeichen oder Tabs.
    94FB231FB797C408=Liedtexte werden als MIDI-Liedtext-Events in den zuletzt benutzten Track importiert.
    67B478FBAAAE55DA=Falls erforderlich wird ein neues MIDI-Item auf diesem Track erzeugt.
    1196B16C194B9363=Liedtexte teilen bei: 
    2D34054801CD4D52=jedem 
    ;^268986373F235EF0=Schläge
    Note that the dropdown menu, holding the entries "tabs" and "any whitespace" aren't in the template.

In addition to the above, there are some other issues.

Strings in this block are missing for [undo] since they need to be slightly different as undo strings in German. Copying them into the [undo] section and changing them accordingly, doesn't work.
Code:
######## added in template (section: pooledenv):
D4A529A0DD35A4AD=Automations-Item laden
9B4427FB3CCEE144=Automations-Item umbenennen
096516B609B04A04=Automations-Item speichern
BE9C27315224A173=Parameter des Automations-Items bearbeiten
2209EB9CFF6C40B6=LFO-Parameter des Automations-Items bearbeiten
BA219CBBD3DCF8B0=Name des Automations-Items bearbeiten
3A1633A218E43C12=LFO des Automations-Items entfernen
E4BF9667B24A9890=LFO-Typ des Automations-Items einstellen

The following translations don't work i.e. apply:
  • When moving an envelope point or segment, the term "Adjusted: " (probably with an in this string embedded value) appears; it can't be translated.

• Code:
    ;BB0C93A301E24788=Width: %.0f%% (double click to set to 0%%)
    BB0C93A301E24788=Kanaltrennung: %.0f%%  (doppelklicken um auf 0%% zu setzen)
    Note that this applies when hovering the mouse over the label below the knob, not the knob itself.
    However, translation of tooltips for Pan and Volume work fine.

• Code:
    8EB737B1653F437D=Spektral-Region, Fade über Zeit: %.0f %%
    1ACAFB30D9FA86CA=Spektral-Region, Fade über Frequenz: %.0f %%
    Only the tooltips for these two knobs won't translate; the others do.

• Code:
    ;7C3B88238C71DAA1=Main toolbar
    7C3B88238C71DAA1=Hauptwerkzeugleiste
    ... doesn't work either (or has to go to a special block; in this case I put it into the [common] block).

IIRC I've tried all strings, missing in the template, using the string_calculator to put them in additionally.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 10-18-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #346
Mr. Data

Finally a few proposals:
  • Since most undo strings are longer than the room they need to be displayed completely (even in English), it would be nice if the gap between the rightmost menu item and the items, displayed on the right side of the menu strip could be closed, so more undo strings could be shown as a whole. Even if all display options on the right side are enabled, there will be a gap in nearly all cases.

• Would it, by any chance, be possible to modify the string calculator in a way, that lists like the one below could be calculated at once instead of having to copy and calculate all these strings one by one?
    This would be a real time-saver.

• It would be nice, if also these controls could be localized:

• And yet again: Things would look much more tidy if we could shift/resize/align elements to each other to finally get rid of these higgledy-piggledy-looking dialog windows. Maybe this could be done in a WALTER-style manner or somehow similar to the idea I already suggested here.

Thank you.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 10-17-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #347
Justin
Administrator

Fixing a lot of these for 5.65pre-ish. The ones I'm not mentioning should be hopefully fixed.

Quote:
[*] Translations can't be made for the upper dropdown menu in the theme elements finder [DLG_269]; in the lower dropdown the string "<image file name>" is missing in the template.
Probably not translating this (for now) because it's obscure...

Quote:
The strings in this one are used internally for state so it's easier to not translate it for now (sorry).

Quote:
Not belonging to the list of long-pending impossible translations, this is a quite obscure one, that can't be put into a reasonable format. Besides (or because of) that, the strings ":A", ":a", ":T" and "<space>" ar missing in the template:
Fixing this and updating the template for it, the A / a / T will not be localizable because they are user-configured, but the : will be.

Quote:
The following translations don't work i.e. apply: When moving an envelope point or segment, the term "Adjusted: " (probably with an in this string embedded value) appears; it can't be translated.
All of these that have format specifiers + the original string ending in %% have a validation issue, fixing that!

Quote:
Code:
;7C3B88238C71DAA1=Main toolbar
7C3B88238C71DAA1=Hauptwerkzeugleiste
... doesn't work either (or has to go to a special block; in this case I put it into the [common] block).
Does it work if you put it in the common block? In theory this one has special internal meaning so updating it is tricky.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #348
Mr. Data

Quote:

Does it work if you put it in the common block? In theory this one has special internal meaning so updating it is tricky.
Thanks Justin!

No, it doesn't.
Since it didn't work neither in '[MENU_349] ; IDR_TOOLBARCTX' nor in the [menus] block, I have put it into the [common] block, but to no avail.
However, I didn't deactivate ';' the 2 entries that are not in the [common] block yet. Maybe that's the culprit (?)

I'm confident that you'll manage it although it might be tricky.

Anyway, thanks a lot for having a look at all this!

-Data
Old 10-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #349
Justin
Administrator

Posted a new template, 5.60repre2 will be along shortly for this. There are various things from your reports which won't get localized (e.g. articulation information in the MIDI list editor -- these are actually stored as these strings in the MIDI data, so localizing them doesn't really make sense/would be very problematic), but hopefully the big things will work now (note and key names, scale finder, jsfx, and more).
Old 10-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #350
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Posted a new template, 5.60repre2 will be along shortly for this. There are various things from your reports which won't get localized (e.g. articulation information in the MIDI list editor -- these are actually stored as these strings in the MIDI data, so localizing them doesn't really make sense/would be very problematic), but hopefully the big things will work now (note and key names, scale finder, jsfx, and more).
Thanks a Lot Justin ¡¡¡¡¡

Mr.Data Great Job Again ¡¡¡

Old 10-20-2017, 03:33 AM   #351
Phroneris

Great jobs! Thanks a lot!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #352
Javier Robledo

Still here...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152933.../shares/y70h7F

Last edited by Javier Robledo; 10-20-2017 at 03:47 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #353
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecl View Post
Hmm that one works for me, you got it in the right section?
Old 10-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #354
Mr. Data

First of all, many thanks for updating the template.
There's much to do now.

Quote:
Hmm that one works for me, you got it in the right section?
Just read ecl's post and had a quick try. doesn't work here (n)either, even when (as an experiment) putting these into the [common] section.

Could it have something to do with UTF format?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecl View Post
Mr.Data Great Job Again ¡¡¡

Thanks a lot!

-Data
Old 10-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #355
Mr. Data

There is something I missed in the long list of missing strings:

In [MENU_314] ; IDR_CONTEXTS_14 in submenu of 'Quick add FX' the first menu item 'Recently used' isn't present and can't even be generated the string_calculator (in a way that it works I mean, of course).

Also the entry in the toolbox menu 'Main toolbar' doesn't work, neither with FD994A8441A52701 nor 7C3B88238C71DAA1, but that's something you already wrote about, that this one might be tricky.

All-Clear for '[DLG_581] ; IDD_PEAKSCFG'!
Mine and probably also Ecl's mistake was, not to use the newest pre.
Sorry, didn't know it was on already.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 10-20-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:59 AM   #356
Javier Robledo

Everything All Right Now ¡¡¡

Data was right I started to translate and check but using Official Version 5.52

XDXDXD Sorry ¡¡¡

Old 10-23-2017, 02:45 PM   #357
Justin
Administrator

Just a note -- the changes I mentioned will not be in 5.60, but will be back in 5.65pre1 or thereabouts...
Old 10-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #358
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Just a note -- the changes I mentioned will not be in 5.60, but will be back in 5.65pre1 or thereabouts...
Ok ¡¡¡

One more thing... I'm checking my translation from the beginning and found some lines with a number that I hadn't translated, such like:

F19F199E8BEFFBD6=Tree1
D9B12705AD844C62=List1
A27E076F9E7EA1E3=Progress1

What is that "Number 1 " for ?

- Do we have to translate those lines ?

Thanks ¡¡¡

Very Happy for Localization Updates ¡¡¡
Old 10-25-2017, 12:25 PM   #359
Javier Robledo

Hi Again ¡¡¡

Has Sws Langpack Template been updated ?¿?

This is the last one I have

SWS/S&M Template LangPack v2.8.3 Build 0

Who's taking care of that ?

Thanks Again
Old 10-26-2017, 08:37 AM   #360
Mr. Data

Yes, the newest version is 2.9.7.0 which btw. is identical to 2.9.6.0.

You can monitor new versions if you go to 'Extensions -> About SWS Extension' and tick appropriate checkboxes in the lower frame of the window.
If you click 'Check now' you'll be lead to the SWS site, from where you can download the new version and the template.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 10-26-2017 at 08:43 AM.