Old 07-17-2017, 11:45 PM   #1
Airal
Banned

Default Prevent reaper from "resetting" midi

I have a js fx that uses a control to control the level of a track. In between stopping and playing, reaper resets the controller level of the fx. This means I have to reset the volume to have it at the same level it was before.

There are 3 possible things going on:

1. Reaper is manually resetting the fx's internal values between playbacks(this isn't good if it is and needs to be fixed). I do have the settings about resetting disabled.

2. Reaper is sending some type of reset message to the controller that then resets the fx. This is probably not the case because if the controller sent a value it should be the correct value that the fader is set to and I wouldn't notice the issue.

3. There is always a third possibility.

Basically I want the js fx to not change it's state except when the cc message is send from me physically changing the controller. When it changes due to do something reaper thinks it's suppose to be doing, things get screwed up.

BTW, the project has no midi items in it, so it's not some midi item doing the changes.
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #2
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Check the CC reset options in Preferences > Audio > Playback. You can set it to not reset the one used by your JSFX.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote