Old 12-15-2017, 04:05 AM   #1
reapercurious
Human being with feelings

Default Python, Reaper, and Blender

It would be cool if there was a script in Blender that could dynamically generate .avi clips from a Reaper video plugin, using Python for example.

The way I'd try to send commands to Blender would be either some library that I don't know of, or using "Reaper's Python process" to check for write protection, then write to a file that Blender's Python is periodically checking and responding to appropriately using some custom API.

If this is possible, then Blender could be used as an in-line 3d titler, with an expected amount of sea turtle on the beach slowness of course.

Which brings to mind, is there are way to initiate a Reaper Action (like a Python 'script') from a ReaJS plugin?

And is there a way to toggle the online/offline or (pseudocode 'in_use/not_in_use status' of a media item?
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
It would be cool
Heyah-yep i'm sure that's all quite do_able but we have to remember this forum is dealing directly with reaper-- i often forget this myself.. =)
Video processing is quite a new 'thang for reaper,but not for computers in general-- the best way a user can get the most out of any machine is by learning command line commands-- pretty much all audio,video and graphical operations are commanded by these lines--different programmes just make them interactions much more user friendly=easier to programme.. but really,your programming a console commander.
Makes sense right? aye,clear as mud.

REAPER's video and editing abilities are sure to be 'improved',as a start has been made. =)
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #3
TonE
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post
And is there a way to toggle the online/offline
Of course, Reaper has actions for that.

There is also beyond.Reaper, not sure if it would help here.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=129696
https://github.com/Samelot/Reaper/bl...stallation.txt
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote