Old 09-18-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
stevethnz
Human being with feelings

Default Can't find Input Quantize

Hi, just got my copy of Reaper 5.5 and I'm having trouble using Input Quantize on my midi/instrument tracks. I've read that you right click on the input to get recording settings dialog, but I only get some options like 'midi replace - midi overdub' etc. No Quantize options. Anybody have a solution to what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I'm a guitar player and my keyboard skills are not the best. At the moment I'm recording bits and pieces and then quantising. Not a big strain, but it would be nice to get the Input Quantize going when I need it.
stevethnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
solger

Welcome to the Reaper Forums!
In case you don't already know them, make sure to get the latest version of the User Guide (https://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php) and check out the Videos section (https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php) in general.

There are two different Input boxes in the Track Panel: a smaller one labeled [IN] for choosing a Record Option. And a bigger box on the right for selecting the (Audio or MIDI) Input.
If you right-click either one, you should see the Track record settings (Input Quantize, Format, etc.) menu entry near the bottom of the list.
Also shown in this video (at around 2:10): www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ynLn5cmTWs

You can also right-click on the Track Record Arm Button to access all Input and Monitoring options at once.

Last edited by solger; 09-18-2017 at 10:07 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:07 AM   #3
Oly Spart

And remember that, as explained in the video, unfortunately, live quantizing, cannot be undone.
This thread and the video are old, so let's hope that it have been addressed and that it can be undone nowadays.
Oly Spart is offline   Reply With Quote