Old 01-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #1121
skippertag
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
mmmm I don't know how it happened but I think I can fix it.
Or also, if you don't mind, try renaming the settings file (Track Inspector VIP settings/TI_Settings.cfg) or deleting it to reset all settings to default.
Hey Heda. Thank you again for your really fast response time...just great!!!

I'll try... I might be the case that I has to do with the proposed copy and renaming of the TI Vip settings in order to get that one TI more only for the notes...as I did it yesterday and now it's not really working anymore...
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #1122
skippertag

Got my TI back. thanks!!

But this time I'm saving the settings ;-)
Old 01-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #1123
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Hey Heda. Thank you again for your really fast response time...just great!!!

I'll try... I might be the case that I has to do with the proposed copy and renaming of the TI Vip settings in order to get that one TI more only for the notes...as I did it yesterday and now it's not really working anymore...
no you don't have to rename the settings file... you have to rename the lua file once copied to the settings folder
Renaming the lua file is because the name of the action in REAPER's actions lists is the name of the lua file. To find the action for the notepad instance easily, then edit that lua file instance number inside, so that instance will generate its own settings file with that number suffix.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #1124
skippertag

Quote:
no you don't have to rename the settings file... you have to rename the lua file once copied to the settings folder
Renaming the lua file is because the name of the action in REAPER's actions lists is the name of the lua file. To find the action for the notepad instance easily, then edit that lua file instance number inside, so that instance will generate its own settings file with that number suffix.
Thank you Heda...but I stick to the regular SWS Notes and leave TI as it is :-)
Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #1125
heda

Quote:
Thank you Heda...but I stick to the regular SWS Notes and leave TI as it is :-)
But you can't insert images in SWS notes hehe just joking
I don't use a dedicated notepad instance either. I also use it on the regular TI. it was an example for Gianfini who wanted that.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #1126
skippertag

Quote:
But you can't insert images in SWS notes hehe just joking
I don't use a dedicated notepad instance either. I also use it on the regular TI. it was an example for Gianfini who wanted that.
Alrighty.... you can insert pictures? How cool is that? One pictures often tells more than a book of words....
Old 01-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #1127
heda

Yes... the "+image" button links a jpg or png picture in the notepad. You can insert more than one if you need too.. change their size... It may be useful for example for pictures of the instrument, or mic positions used in the track... whatever you want. I was even thinking to extend functionality and link also to files.. for example link to a PDF of score of the track... etc... But nobody mentioned anything about this feature of the notepad, so it may not be interesting. I sometimes feel lack of feedback and I just do whatever I need.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:15 AM   #1128
skippertag

Quote:
Yes... the "+image" button links a jpg or png picture in the notepad. You can insert more than one if you need too.. change their size... It may be useful for example for pictures of the instrument, or mic positions used in the track... whatever you want. I was even thinking to extend functionality and link also to files.. for example link to a PDF of score of the track... etc... But nobody mentioned anything about this feature of the notepad, so it may not be interesting. I sometimes feel lack of feedback and I just do whatever I need.
That sounds all very interesting. I'll def check that out.

With regards to the feedback - actually this TI VIP is so full of functionality that it is not easy to discover everything at first site. Look at me e. g., as I'm using it I dig a little deeper every time I got myself accustomed to a new feature that I find useful in MY personal workflow.
So it is very natural that things may take a little longer to discover. Don't take it personal or even be disappointed. Nobody knows your baby better than you do! Give people a little time to catch up with it :-)

Recently I discovered a plugin called snapshot where its solely job is to take snapshots and save them with the project. That is all it can do - and that is just a tiny part of TI Vip...and..what can I say...I've got it but haven't used it so far....

It all takes some time. Give as some time to adopt. :-)

Greetz from Germany
Old 01-31-2018, 04:06 AM   #1129
Sumalc

Quote:
With regards to the feedback - actually this TI VIP is so full of functionality that it is not easy to discover everything at first site. Look at me e. g., as I'm using it I dig a little deeper every time I got myself accustomed to a new feature that I find useful in MY personal workflow.
So it is very natural that things may take a little longer to discover. Don't take it personal or even be disappointed. Nobody knows your baby better than you do! Give people a little time to catch up with it :-)
+1 don't worry Heda
Sumalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:57 AM   #1130
ericzang

Hi Heda, what is HCP used for in tags? I couldn't find any info about it.
ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #1131
Zargon the Destroyer

Day 2 with the VIP track inspector.

It is absolutely insane. The level of added functionality is off-the-wall amazing. I cannot thank you enough. Just incredible work. Absolutely bonkers.

Brilliant.

Brilliant.

Zargon the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #1132
DynamicK

Default Feature Request

Just got the VIP Track Inspector...really liking it a lot. If I may ask for a small feature which will be very useful.

Would it be possible to show the Midi Send Out Channel, somewhere in the TI? So used to seeing this in Cubase. I know you are busy with the Mixer, but if you have some spare time, it would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Reaper sends.gif (32.6 KB, 479 views)
DynamicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:11 PM   #1133
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
Hi Heda, what is HCP used for in tags? I couldn't find any info about it.
That is for HeDaMixer integration in next update. But I wanted to see who was the first to ask that. You won!
Old 02-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #1134
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargon the Destroyer View Post
Day 2 with the VIP track inspector.

It is absolutely insane. The level of added functionality is off-the-wall amazing. I cannot thank you enough. Just incredible work. Absolutely bonkers.

Brilliant.

Brilliant.

Thank you
If you are not sure about something, there is the documentation page, but I'm not very good at doing tutorials or documentation so ask anything you want and I'll try to explain here.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #1135
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicK View Post
Just got the VIP Track Inspector...really liking it a lot. If I may ask for a small feature which will be very useful.

Would it be possible to show the Midi Send Out Channel, somewhere in the TI? So used to seeing this in Cubase. I know you are busy with the Mixer, but if you have some spare time, it would be appreciated.
Thank you
It is not possible yet. I think I tried but it was not easy or maybe I had a bad day so I forgot about it for a while... until now.. oops I'll annotate this to be done so I don't forget again.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:25 AM   #1136
DynamicK

Quote:
I'll annotate this to be done so I don't forget again.
Many thanks
Old 02-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #1137
SleepGardens

Hey there, I just found out about this script today and it is seriously amazing, especially the real time loudness monitoring, very cool feature for post production.

So... I have a problem with my single monitor setup: I keep all the windows docked in a single docker on the bottom of the screen that i show/hide at will with a cycle action. Of course this action hides Track Inspector too, since it is docked to left. I would like to keep it always open when the other docker closes. How can I do this?

I use the following cycle action:

Focus Main Window
Show Dockers
-----Step-----
Focus Main Window
Hide Dockers

I tried to insert the Track Inspector action in various places in that cycle action without success. It seems to me there isn't a specific action to only close the bottom docker. But i'm not an expert in terms of custom/cycle actions (I usually find those around), maybe someone here could point me out in the right direction.
Thank you, every help is appreciated.

EDIT: Also, this is my first post! Yay
SleepGardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:53 AM   #1138
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepGardens View Post

EDIT: Also, this is my first post! Yay
I'm happy that you made your first post thanks to Track Inspector welcome!

I don't know how to do what you need. I use the TAB key assigned to the View Docker action that toggles all dockers on and off. But as you I have the same problem that it hides all dockers. I also would like to know about toggle only bottom dockers.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:56 AM   #1139
heda

Default * v1.4pre42 (2018-02-08)

* v1.4pre42 (2018-02-08)
+ Tags: Buttons for HeDaMixer Tag instances

@ericzang
this update adds the "H" button in the tags. I renamed the HCP to HeDaMixer to be easier to understand.

it opens a special instance of HeDaMixer that has the tracks of that particular tag. It sohuld update automatically when adding or removing tags but I haven't tested much. Please report if something is not right.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #1140
ericzang

Very cool, thanks Heda!

For each H I enable, it opens a new HedaMixer window. With this behavior, when the script asks whether to terminate or make a new instance, I preferred new instance. (For most other scripts, terminate seems to be my preferred behavior).
ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #1141
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
Very cool, thanks Heda!

For each H I enable, it opens a new HedaMixer window. With this behavior, when the script asks whether to terminate or make a new instance, I preferred new instance. (For most other scripts, terminate seems to be my preferred behavior).

Yes it is required to make it New Instance! I put that in the documentation page but I think I should put it in the Track Inspector documentation page too. Thanks!

If anyone needs to change the behavior and clicked the remember checkbox, an easy way to change it is to go to HeDaScripts Manager and Uninstall HeDaMixer, then Install it again. This should remove the actions and add them again, so now REAPER asks again if you want to Terminate or New Instance.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #1142
DynamicK

Default Multiple Instances

So I successfully managed to set up another instance which I setup for my Midi tracks. I want to use Instance 1 for audio tracks.
If I run both, they both display their own configurations on the selected track in the TCP.
Is there a way to assign Instance 1 to Audio Tracks and Instance 5 to Midi Tracks?
I've tried saving different Track Views but Reaper doesn't recall that TI was inserted.

I am also getting a ?:-1: attempt to compare number with nil error message when trying to dock Instance 5.
Do I need to delete the config file again? Seems to do it a lot.

Last edited by DynamicK; 02-09-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:00 AM   #1143
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicK View Post
So I successfully managed to set up another instance which I setup for my Midi tracks. I want to use Instance 1 for audio tracks.
If I run both, they both display their own configurations on the selected track in the TCP.
Is there a way to assign Instance 1 to Audio Tracks and Instance 5 to Midi Tracks?
I've tried saving different Track Views but Reaper doesn't recall that TI was inserted.

I am also getting a ?:-1: attempt to compare number with nil error message when trying to dock Instance 5.
Do I need to delete the config file again? Seems to do it a lot.
that error.. only happens in Instance 5?
if so, that's weird.

about Instances... they all run at the selected track at the same time. What is the difference between your instance 1 and instance 5 ? Panels visibility?
Old 02-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #1144
DynamicK

Quote:
that error.. only happens in Instance 5?
if so, that's weird.

about Instances... they all run at the selected track at the same time. What is the difference between your instance 1 and instance 5 ? Panels visibility?
Yes, it's just different panels. I've just rechecked and the Floating Bars are giving me the same error when trying to dock. Instance 5 gives me the error even if I click on the Settings button.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #1145
DynamicK

Just run a series of tests after deleting all config files. Instance 1 always works....no errors. Floating works until I try to dock it, and then it will throw the error. Inst.5 worked for a while and then once docked threw error on Settings and Docking buttons.

It would be a lot simpler, if I could just switch configurations from the settings menu. No need for multiple TIs everywhere.

I may as well delete Inst 5 as it seems to cause problems and isn't helping me. I have Checked to Terminate all instances when closing, as I thought that was the problem.

Update......I've deleted Inst 5, and now have a workable solution. I use the Main TI for one config, and I use Floating for the other. I just swap them by terminating Inst 1, open Floating 1, Dock it. I tried dock/float/dock a few times and,touch wood, it was OK. Weird !!!

Last edited by DynamicK; 02-09-2018 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #1146
heda

@DynamicK
Thanks.. I've found the bug.. it happens on instances that doesn't have the fader pan.. fixing.

you can use the button on the bottom "GV" that switches the visibility of panels from Global to Track. So you can collapse at least some panels individually for that track only.

But it can be improved to have another option to use a different configuration from other instance for some specific tracks. or by tag, for example if track has specific tag, then use configuration file for that tag. I'll investigate....

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #1147
heda

Default v1.4pre43 (2018-02-09)

update fix
let me know if it works

* v1.4pre43 (2018-02-09)
#fix: crash dragging or docking when fader pan is not visible [p=1952129] thanks @DynamicK
Old 02-11-2018, 02:51 AM   #1148
DynamicK

Quote:
update fix
let me know if it works
Thanks heda. Seems to be OK now. Just did a quick test with Main, Floating 1&2, and made another Instance 5. Thanks for the tip on GV and TV. Missed that in the manual.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #1149
Zargon the Destroyer

Probably a stupid question, sorry.

The stereo meter in the master track (the horizontal bar that dances L/R).

With a mono source and no processing or pan, it favours right. I've tried this with a few sources and empty projects. It's as if the default position of the bar is right.

It isn't pinned right, but it's showing more right than left.

Again; this is with mono sources.

Probably me being an idiot!
Old 02-15-2018, 05:16 AM   #1150
heda

Quote:
The stereo meter in the master track (the horizontal bar that dances L/R).

With a mono source and no processing or pan, it favours right. I've tried this with a few sources and empty projects. It's as if the default position of the bar is right.
do you mean the one that goes from red to yellow to green? That's a phase correlation meter, not panning meter which is above it. In mono sources it must be totally green 100% as it doesn't have any phase issues because it's only one channel.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #1151
Zargon the Destroyer

Quote:
do you mean the one that goes from red to yellow to green? That's a phase correlation meter, not panning meter which is above it. In mono sources it must be totally green 100% as it doesn't have any phase issues because it's only one channel.
No, the panning meter. I'll do some more investigation as something strange is definitely going on. It might just be in my project.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:05 AM   #1152
heda

Quote:
No, the panning meter. I'll do some more investigation as something strange is definitely going on. It might just be in my project.

Then I don't understand... a mono source should be at the center 0 if no panning in the track or item. Maybe if you show a video I can help to determine what happens?
Old 02-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #1153
Zargon the Destroyer

Yeah, it's really weird.

I've put a JS plugin in front with left and right channels panned central to make double sure that it's mono and it still does it.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #1154
Zargon the Destroyer

I can't work out what I've done wrong.

I'm almost certainly being an idiot.

I uploaded a short video on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/xq9ayJdVhfg

Old 02-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #1155
heda

Quote:
I can't work out what I've done wrong.

I'm almost certainly being an idiot.
You are certainly not an idiot. In fact, you are smart because you have discovered a bug in the Track Inspector JSFX. Thank you! I didn't notice this and now I see it... in my case it works well until the signal is low. Look... weird... :/

mmmm let me see if I can fix it.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #1156
Zargon the Destroyer

Quote:
You are certainly not an idiot. In fact, you are smart because you have discovered a bug in the Track Inspector JSFX. Thank you! I didn't notice this and now I see it... in my case it works well until the signal is low. Look... weird... :/

mmmm let me see if I can fix it.
Yes! The bassline is very staccato, so the right metering would be the low/no signal between notes.

Awesome.

I am not mad!

Old 02-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #1157
heda

Default v1.4pre44 (2018-02-15)

Quote:
Yes! The bassline is very staccato, so the right metering would be the low/no signal between notes.

Awesome.

I am not mad!

Good news... The bug was easy to fix... I think it should be better now in pre44 update. After updating, you need to restart REAPER first for the monitor FX to be recompiled. Please try it and compare with izotope.

* v1.4pre44 (2018-02-15)
# fix: Stereo Direction meter fix [p=1954764] thanks @Zargon_the_Destroyer
Old 02-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #1158
G-Sun

Quote:
Good news... The bug was easy to fix... I think it should be better now in pre44 update. After updating, you need to restart REAPER first for the monitor FX to be recompiled. Please try it and compare with izotope.

* v1.4pre44 (2018-02-15)
# fix: Stereo Direction meter fix [p=1954764] thanks @Zargon_the_Destroyer
Thanks! I saw this bug as well and presumed it was some low level noise from some plugin.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #1159
Zargon the Destroyer

Seems fine now! Thanks so much for the super-fast fix!
Old 02-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #1160
Robert Randolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Does anyone get this error from time to time? Using VIP track inspector. Not sure what causes it but its getting annoying! The script closes after error and have to reopen track inspector. Would be awesome if anyone knows what causes it or a fix.

If I have the master track selected, move the playhead then hit play... I get this error every time.

I have the monitoring FX setup. I do not have the VST2 version of dpmeter installed.

How can I help debug this?

Edit - I actually just noticed that TI VIP doesn't show any metering on the master track at all. (I use loudness graph for this task). So I guess that's a clue?

Edit 2 - Nope it's not. My monitoring FX is broke because I changed my routing.

Edit 3 - all I have to do to make the error happen is move the playhead. It seems to happen "randomly" as far as I can see.

Last edited by Robert Randolph; 02-17-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote