Old 12-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #1
IadAslan
Human being with feelings

Default $350 paid Scripting Request

Hi,

I am looking for some one who can script/code the following functionality/features into Reaper. For now I will compensate the effort with $100 per feature. I'm always up for negotiating though.

1. The ability to duplicate items/MIDI notes directly after each other (ignoring snap) as seen in every single other DAW out there.

Here's a demonstration:

2. A proper "scissors" mouse-modifier with actual crosshair guide. Snap to grid by default, disable snap with additional modifier.

Here's an example (holding cmd for cutting in grid and then additionally holding shift for ignoring snap)

3. Keeping track heights relative to each other regardless of zoom. Should be pretty obvious.

Here's a demonstration:

4. $50 Bonus: Altering the minimum track hight to a much smaller value making it possible to zoom out properly even on bigger projects.

The following image is a pretty standard 89 track session which at this point is not even using up half of my vertical screen realestate on my MacBook Pro. I regularly exceed the 200 Track mark & the current limitations in Reaper make it way too hard to effectively navigate a session of that dimension. Having to create folders is far from an ideal solution.

Alright, that should be it for now.

Please do not hesitate to contact me. Also feel free to link anyone in the comments who you think would be able to get this done. Again: I am dead serious about this.

My E-Mail is: ia@iadaslan.com

Best

Iad
IadAslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
read

for number 3 (maybe this will work i'm not exactly sure)

hold down ctrl + move mouse wheel
read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:39 AM   #3
IadAslan

Quote:
Originally Posted by read View Post
for number 3 (maybe this will work i'm not exactly sure)

hold down ctrl + move mouse wheel
Thanks for your reply. The emphasis here is on keeping the visual track hierarchy in tact while zooming. Zooming itself works of course.
IadAslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
EvilDragon

How would #1 work if you had multiple selected notes and some repeated notes in the selection? Example:

If you just need simple one note duplication, that script exists already, on ReaPack (me2beats Duplicate selected events). It will also duplicate all selected notes, but the beginning of the first selected event will be pasted when the last selected event ends, so above example looks like this:

EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #5
analogexplosions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IadAslan View Post
Thanks for your reply. The emphasis here is on keeping the visual track hierarchy in tact while zooming. Zooming itself works of course.
There is a setting somewhere in preferences to keep the selected track centered when doing TCP track height zooms.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:45 PM   #6
cool

2. I have a working Aim Assist script. My editing process looks like your GIF.
One feature: turning the script on and off affects the mouse zoom settings in the option. With some settings, this may not work correctly.

Script Attached:
Attached Files
File Type: lua Aim Assist.lua (1.0 KB, 136 views)
cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #7
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IadAslan View Post
Hi,

I am looking for some one who can script/code the following functionality/features into Reaper. For now I will compensate the effort with $100 per feature. I'm always up for negotiating though.

1. The ability to duplicate items/MIDI notes directly after each other (ignoring snap) as seen in every single other DAW out there.

Here's a demonstration:

How is this any different than using the action "Item: Duplicate Item?" Using that, I just did the same thing:

1. Created a Media Item that was an odd length, but shorter than a bar, added a MIDI note even shorter than the item length
2. In the main window (not MIDI Editor), ran action "Item: Duplicate Item"

Result: duplicate item began exactly where the new item ended ignoring snap.

3. Selected both items and ran action "Item: Duplicate Item"
Result: All actions ended up on right after the other like in your gif (didn't matter if snap was enabled or not)

4. Lengthened an item and repeated action (same result, everything was one right after the other)
5. Shortened an item to a small sliver and repeated action (same result, everyone one right after the other)

Last edited by Funkybot; 12-04-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #8
Joe90

This is what I use for no.1 and it's working perfectly for me, make sure you're in the 'midi editor' section of the actions menu before you try and make it -

Custom: Normal Duplicate
Navigate: Move edit cursor to end of selected events
Edit: Copy
Edit: Paste

If you don't want your edit cursor moved you can add in 'save edit cursor position' at the start, and 'restore edit cursor position' at the end

No.2 -

Assign these actions to your mouse modifiers of choice -

Custom: new item split mouse
Script: edit cursor follow mouse.lua
View: Move edit cursor to mouse cursor
Item: Split items at edit cursor (select right)

Without snap -

Custom: new item split mouse no snap
View: Move edit cursor to mouse cursor (no snapping)
Item: Split items at edit cursor (select right)

I have the same for midi notes too.

Regarding no.3 - This isn't technically a solution, but I dock the track manager to the right and use a shortcut to reveal/hide it - the track manager is a much easier way of navigating large track lists.

Edit - missed the crosshair thing - perhaps cool's aim assist script will help with that if you add it into the custom action I've provided, the problem is that you want the 'crosshair' (the edit cursor in this case) to appear as soon as you hit the modifier, however, you can't add an action to a modifier alone, and even if you could, it would interfere with every other action that uses that modifier. So that's gonna be tricky. FWIW I was used to having a crosshair when modifier+click splitting too, but I quickly got used to not having it.

Last edited by Joe90; 12-04-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
How is this any different than using the action "Item: Duplicate Item?" Using that, I just did the same thing:

1. Created a Media Item that was an odd length, but shorter than a bar
2. Ran action "Item: Duplicate Item"

Result: duplicate item began exactly where the new item ended ignoring snap.

3. Selected both items and ran action "Item: Duplicate Item"
4. All actions ended up on right after the other like in your gif (didn't matter if snap was enabled or not)
Because he wants the functionality within the midi editor

Edit: just saw he mentioned items too, my bad. Yes - I'm using the standard 'duplicate items' action and it works as expected.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #10
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Because he wants the functionality within the midi editor

Edit: just saw he mentioned items too, my bad. Yes - I'm using the standard 'duplicate items' action and it works as expected.
Yeah, doesn't seem to work the same with individual notes in the MIDI Editor, but definitely works that way for items using that action.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
2. I have a working Aim Assist script. My editing process looks like your GIF.
One feature: turning the script on and off affects the mouse zoom settings in the option. With some settings, this may not work correctly.

Script Attached:
Just gave this a try and it's nice. Added to my toolbar. Just bumping the thread to say thanks and nice job!