Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #1
Blastrio
Human being with feelings

Default Merging MIDI Clips, Notes Disappear

Hi.
I remember having a hard time with this a few years ago. Now I'm trying to do the same thing and I still have the same problem.
I've attached a screenshot explaining the problem which will (hopefully) make it easier to understand. Here's the problem in a nutshell.
- I drag a clip with some midi notes over another one in an empty track (I drag a clip with the snare over the clip with the kick), I see them both in the "preview", but they're still two separate clips.
- I double click on the track to select both clips, glue them, and I get both the kick and the snare in the new clip. As expected.
- I drag another clip (hihats) over the one that I just glued. I see the new notes in the preview, but when I now glue the clips again, the kick and snare disappear

Sometimes everything works as expected, sometimes not. I have no idea why. I've read some posts in here regarding that, from some people having the same problem, I've tried all the steps, no success.
I try copying the notes and pasting them in the new clip but it's too clunky.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Merge Midi CLips.png (57.9 KB, 9 views)
Blastrio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 AM   #2
bigtop

I don’t think the glue function is designed to be used in the way you are trying to use it. Glueing is meant to join items mostly so that item can then be looped.

What do you mean that copy paste notes is clunky? That is in fact what you’re trying to do.

You can “lasso” the notes in one MIDI item then copy then paste into another MIDI item. Then quantize then save.

I think/believe I t’s MIDI notes you wish to consolidate and not MIDI files/items.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Good luck.
Old Today, 06:21 AM   #3
Blastrio

I don't think that glueing is mostly for looping, I think it's (or should be at least) mostly for consolidating. And it does work sometimes by overlapping the clips, selecting them all them glueing. So it can be done. What I'm trying to understand is, why it's so random. In my opinion, this should be easily done. And not even by dragging clips over themselves, but just by selecting multiple clips on different tracks, and having a "join" or "merge" function. A bit like a MIDI render to a stem.
Blastrio is online now   Reply With Quote