Old 11-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #1041
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Hi Stevie...
Thanks for explaining with the screen captures. It helps to understand the problem... The problem is you have TOO MANY TRACKS !!!!! Use less tracks and it will work. haha just kidding. I always wanted to compose orchestral epic soundtrack music.. I never managed to buy all the necessary libraries and I'm just jealous
Haha, yes, I know, I got way too many tracks!
One can definitely spend a fortune a libraries, it's insane, especially around Black Friday, haha.

Quote:
If you need more than 9 presets buttons, there is an option for that in the settings page.
Just saw that, didn't know this was possible, awesome
I really need to explore the settings page.

Quote:
I could do actions for individual tags. But there sohuld be one action to select tag, one for toggle TCP view, one for MCP view, one for MUTE, one for SOLO.. for each tag. That's a lot of actions. I have an idea... mmmmm You will see
Yes, indeed, that would be a lot of actions. Looking forward to your idea

Quote:
I didn't test Track Inspector with so many tracks per tag. You are right it would be better to scroll to the first track in the tag. Thanks for the feedback!
You're welcome and I'm glad you appreciate the feedback.

Quote:
I think I can fix that. There is probably a bug there. But it is not slow here.
I don't really know what's going on there, but I tried it with a couple of tracks only:

Quote:
I thought you were using the solo button on the tag. Not the solo button for the selected tracks on the top panel.
The solo button on the tag actually works just as fast, as the "Reaper-solution". Maybe it's a different code? At least it does not de-select and select the tracks again.

Quote:
I told you to do it, but I didn't explain how to. I hope it was easy. You can also add custom buttons to each panel. In each panel name there is a button with a menu with options, or right click the panel name one, and at the bottom of the menu you add the custom button actions for that panel.
It was very easy, no worries! I had already found the menu entry, but I didn't think about adding my custom script to it. Sometimes you have so much choice, that you forget how to make use of it

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback! I'll try to simulate a huge template like yours and see if I can optimize more things.
I can send you my template, if you want. The tracks are all disabled, so you might able to load it without getting a "missing library" message from Kontakt.

Quote:
A suggestion.. I see you have all the tags with weight 0. You can use the weight buttons on the tags, to reorder the tags by that number. So you can have the tags in the same order as your track folders. Once you have that, save the tags to a file "Default" to have all the tags loaded for each project.
Yes, that's right, I haven't really explored the weight button, yet.
But now that you mention it...d'oh! Haha, I will add immediately add this to my template
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #1042
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Haha, yes, I know, I got way too many tracks!
One can definitely spend a fortune a libraries, it's insane, especially around Black Friday, haha.
I know I may get a super cyber sale that 8dio.com has today. It's an incredible offer. Check it out! arghhhhh haha

Quote:
Just saw that, didn't know this was possible, awesome
I really need to explore the settings page.
The settings page is bit of a mess

Quote:
I can send you my template, if you want. The tracks are all disabled, so you might able to load it without getting a "missing library" message from Kontakt.
Yes, contact me by email in my website. Maybe it is not a problem with number of tracks, but maybe complex routing could slow down soloing tracks? I don't know. The best would be if I can test with the template. I think I can fix this.

Quote:
Yes, that's right, I haven't really explored the weight button, yet.
But now that you mention it...d'oh! Haha, I will add immediately add this to my template
That load the tags, but you still need to assign the tracks to tags,(CTRL click the tag having multiple tracks selected is possible) But still time consuming. I need to do some kind of system to automatically tag tracks based on which parent folder they are or Track group, or tarck name. .. that's the problem, that there are various ways to tag automatically.. So I can't decide how to.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #1043
_Stevie_

Quote:
I know I may get a super cyber sale that 8dio.com has today. It's an incredible offer. Check it out! arghhhhh haha
I know, I know... I have to resist... But I think nothing else than Track Inspector can make me that happy

Quote:
The settings page is bit of a mess
Better many options, than no options at all. It's fine!

Quote:
Yes, contact me by email in my website. Maybe it is not a problem with number of tracks, but maybe complex routing could slow down soloing tracks? I don't know. The best would be if I can test with the template. I think I can fix this.
Alright, uploading and sending you a link! Will take some minutes.

Quote:
That load the tags, but you still need to assign the tracks to tags,(CTRL click the tag having multiple tracks selected is possible) But still time consuming. I need to do some kind of system to automatically tag tracks based on which parent folder they are or Track group, or tarck name. .. that's the problem, that there are various ways to tag automatically.. So I can't decide how to.
Yeah, there are a lot of ways indeed. But there's this cool selecting action in Reaper: SWS: Select children of selected folder track(s)
Maybe this is a good starting point!
Old 12-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #1044
heda

@Stevie, I've been trying to optimize some things, and some work better.. but others, I can't make them faster. It seems the creation of a send from a script is slow in your project with so many tracks. So I can't change that. This is for the meter panel, if you minimize the meter panel, then the send is not created and switching tracks is faster. The solo thing, I think I have fixed it, and toggling visibility of a tag should be a bit faster, not much, but a bit. I've fixed some other things too that will come in the next update soon.
I think maybe you can use your custom actions to show hide the groups fast by track name since you always use the same template, you may not need a flexible tag based system and work with track names faster that way since the names are always the same in your project template.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #1045
_Stevie_

Hey HeDa!

Awesome, that sounds very good. The explanation of the send makes sense to me.
I was completely unaware, that the send is created on the fly. But now that you mention it...

And for the visibilty... yep that's a good idea. I still like your script better though

What I plan anyway, is to reduce the template and save most of the tracks in track templates. Because the size of the project is already beyond... I think it's about 480MB. Insane size. So, if I reduce my tracks, to let's say 200 or 300, everything might work smoothly! Really looking forward to test the new version.
I will check out "Track Templates" in the next few days for that purpose.

Thanks HeDa!
Old 12-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #1046
heda

Default v1.4pre33 (2017-12-05)

Many updates here. Mainly for Tags. Keep a backup when updating is recommended.
The AutoTag button scans all tracks in the project and searchs for #tags in the track name and assign that tag to the track, and removes the tag from the track name. the format is #tag for single tracks, or @tag for folders where you want to autotag all children tracks with it. Also, when adding a tag manually to a folder, it will ask you to be a normal tag or a autotag children folder. I hope it is clear. Any questions? just ask.

Thank you new VIP members!

* v1.4pre33 (2017-12-05)
+ for the analysis TI Tracks, support to load FX Chain from file in "Track Inspector VIP settings" folder.
+ Option to Auto-tag children when adding a tag and is detected as parent folder
+ Auto tag by: #tag in track name, @tag in track name for autotag children.
+ New Tag button: Tag Color. Lmb: Set Color, ALT+Lmb: Remove Tag Color
+ Tags panel option: Tracks Color by Tags Color
+ SHIFT+Lmb on TCP or MCP buttons to affect to ALL tags
+ Export/Import Tags presets (to file or to Default too)
+ Tags panel option: Load Tags Presets include Mute and Solo
+ Notepad panel option: Text font size
# fix: load tag presets actions highlight loaded preset
# fix: a bit of optimization soloing TCP MCP tag
# fix: canceling saving tag preset when entering name still saving the preset
# fix: remove tag from multiple tracks with different tags
# fix: load presets without changing tag weight
# fix: optimize tracks mute/solo button
# fix: optimize refresh when running multiple instances
Old 12-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #1047
_Stevie_

Dude, seriously, this is kick ass!!! I checked concerning the speed and I could notice an overall improvement in all departments. Well done HeDa!
Will be testing it indepth in the next days
Old 12-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #1048
G-Sun

Quote:
v1.4pre33 (2017-12-05)
Wow
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:58 AM   #1049
DynamicK

Looking Good..this is on my wishlist as soon as I've progressed from newb to competent. Tried this yesterday and it's great. Is there an option on the VIP version to show Track Output / Input destinations?

Last edited by DynamicK; 12-07-2017 at 04:00 AM.
DynamicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #1050
_Stevie_

HeDa, would it be possible to show the GUI of the send, when clicking on the send level of a track?
Old 12-08-2017, 02:53 AM   #1051
DynamicK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicK View Post
Is there an option on the VIP version to show Track Output / Input destinations?
Ignore this...I see the Lite TI does this anyway.
DynamicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:59 PM   #1052
ChristopherT

I cannot download the VIP versions, even though I'm signed in?

Edit: Solved

Last edited by ChristopherT; 12-11-2017 at 01:33 AM.
ChristopherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:09 AM   #1053
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT View Post
I cannot download the VIP versions, even though I'm signed in?

Edit: Solved
I'm glad it is solved. I don't know why, sometimes the first time setting the password on the first login in the site doesn't work, and it is fixed editing the password again. Strange. Was it the case? I need to figure it out to fix it. Thanks
Old 12-12-2017, 05:54 AM   #1054
heda

Default v1.4pre35 (2017-12-12)

* v1.4pre35 (2017-12-12)
+ Delay panel: presets menu Lmb: load preset, CTRL+Lmb: Save preset, Rmb: Delete preset
+ Delay panel: works with multiple tracks selected
# fix: load tag presets without changing tag colors
# fix: update visibility when removing tag from tracks
# fix: track sends presets missing buttons if target track was deleted

new update.. bug fixes and delay panel presets button. Now you can also select multiple tracks and set the delay to all of them at the same time.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:33 AM   #1055
heda

Default v1.4pre36 (2017-12-14)

* v1.4pre36 (2017-12-14)
# fix: Tags: Do not unhide archived tracks if OR logic
# tags color to use is now first tag by default, not last tag.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #1056
hopi

Heda, ...thanks for the ongoing VIP updates...

I just got the new VIP Track Inspector... what a great thing it is!

Ya know, it made me think this, even though it is likely not possible, but..

IF there could be a VIP Track Inspector Mixer... it would be something that would allow for each or selected tracks to show side by side in a mixer style...
I know it might sound insane and probably not possible to code... but I just had to say it out loud.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #1057
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Heda, ...thanks for the ongoing VIP updates...

I just got the new VIP Track Inspector... what a great thing it is!

Ya know, it made me think this, even though it is likely not possible, but..

IF there could be a VIP Track Inspector Mixer... it would be something that would allow for each or selected tracks to show side by side in a mixer style...
I know it might sound insane and probably not possible to code... but I just had to say it out loud.
thank you
it is funny.. because I've been working on something for long time and I wanted to show it tonight. It works with selected tracks, or with Track Inspector Tags. There will be some actions to open mixer for specific tag. And each one remembers size and docker etc... here is a quick preview of how it is right now. It is still far from perfect and a lot of work to do.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #1058
_Stevie_

Wow, pretty cool!
Old 12-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #1059
hopi

that is funny Heda... you must have been thinking about this really hard cuz I must have heard you...

That gif looks very interesting, even though I can really tell what exactly is going on...

Still I'm really glad to hear you are working on something in this direction.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #1060
Etalon

Hey HEDA!
I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but in v1.4pre15 when I change the track selection with "Track: Select track under mouse" instead of clicking on the TCP, TI won't follow the track selection.
Sometimes I like to hide the TCP section entirely to gain more space, but having TI docked on the side is pretty useless this way...
Old 01-07-2018, 03:44 AM   #1061
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etalon View Post
Hey HEDA!
I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but in v1.4pre15 when I change the track selection with "Track: Select track under mouse" instead of clicking on the TCP, TI won't follow the track selection.
Sometimes I like to hide the TCP section entirely to gain more space, but having TI docked on the side is pretty useless this way...
thanks. I am surprised this wasn't fixed. It will be fixed in next version.
If you like to maximize the space, you could also use the floating version, which you can quickly toggle with the same shortcut. You can create a custom action that first selects track under mouse, and then starts Track Inspector floating, or docked.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:09 PM   #1062
heda

Default v1.4pre37 (2018-01-08)

New updates to Track Inspector. You can add links to jpg or png images in the notepad to display photos of the beautiful singer, or the mic setup, or detailed pictures of the instrument recorded. Whatever you want. You can add as many as you want. If you add many, you can see them as a list of small thumbnails. Click on them to remove or change their size. You can set the default size from the notepad menu too. By default they should fit to width of Track inspector. You can open the images in your predefined application to view the images in full resolution. Removing the image doesn't delete the image files. It is recommended that you copy the images to your reaper project folder, where the media is. But you can also link to the images in any other folder.

* v1.4pre37 (2018-01-08)
+ Notepad Images. Possibility to add/remove images to the notepad. Change size, open in application.
+ Copy Notepad images and text and Paste in another track.
+ Tags: Bypass TrackFX tag
+ Tags: Auto-Arm tag
+ Tags: < > buttons to column-scroll tag table horizontally
+ Settings: "Use Mastering Gain in Mastering mode" and "Toggle Master FX in Mastering mode": Mixing/Mastering button on master instance options to toggle monitorfx gain plugin and fx chain for master track.
# fix: notepad number of lines displayed
# fix: notepad scrollwheel to scroll notepad text with x number of lines displayed.
# fix: saving changing fx groups immediately
# fix: tags presets load including mute and solo update
# fix: Support "Select track under mouse" action
Old 01-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #1063
vanhaze

Many thx heda !

- I installed this update.
- i get an error when executing : "bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)"

Reaper 5.71pre9-64bit
OSX 10.13.2
Old 01-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #1064
heda

I'm sorry.... I'll test this more later and release it again.. for now latest version is pre36 again. you can uninstall and install again to revert to pre36.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #1065
vanhaze

No sweat heda, thank you for the effort !
Old 01-09-2018, 02:42 AM   #1066
heda

ok.. pre37 is up again. now it should work.
Sorry I messed up, I forgot to clean some functions of some features that are for next update and are not yet ready. As you can see

Anyone with OSX, if you can test adding images to the notepad, I would be grateful, because I don't have a mac to test and paths in macs work different than windows. If you add an image that is in the media folder of the project, the image shouldn't store the path, and just the filename. This way if you move the project folder the images will be found without problems. If you add an image that is outside the project folder, then the full path should be stored.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:29 AM   #1067
Gianfini

Hey Heda, i'm using your VIP Inspector, it seems it isn't recognized by SWS Cycle Action as a toggle action (although it does have the on/off status), so it doesn't work after an IF statement...

What I'm trying to accomplish is having a button that opens the track inspector VIP and puts it docked on the left. And when I click again that button the inspector closes and the docker does as well and it resets to bottom (for other uses)

I tried in the Cycle Action editor with IF and after HEDA_VIP_inspector tthat should behave differentely if the inspactor was close or open, but it doesn't work...

any idea?

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #1068
heda

Hi, Gianfini
I don't know what happens with that. I don't have much experience with SWS cycle actions. Does it work with other scripts that have toggle state? Maybe it is better to create a script instead of a cycle action? But I don't quite understand what are you trying to do...specifically the "and it resets to bottom (for other uses)"
Do you need Track Inspector sometimes docked to the left, and sometimes docked to the bottom?
Old 01-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #1069
Gianfini

Quote:
Hi, Gianfini
I don't know what happens with that. I don't have much experience with SWS cycle actions. Does it work with other scripts that have toggle state? Maybe it is better to create a script instead of a cycle action? But I don't quite understand what are you trying to do...specifically the "and it resets to bottom (for other uses)"
Do you need Track Inspector sometimes docked to the left, and sometimes docked to the bottom?
Hi, I need track inspector always docked to the left when active. When I close it (not running anymore) I need the dock to close at the same time and reset to be on the bottom instead of left (e.g. to show action list or history list or other dockable windows).

So
click 1: Track inspector appears docked on the left
click 2: Track inspector stops running and dock goes bottom (with whatever was docked before the T.I.)

thanks

Edit: every time I close the Track Inspector it gives me error: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

g
Old 01-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #1070
heda

@Gianfini I don't know. You may be better giving Track Inspector its own docker to the left, not moving the bottom one to the left. Then you can just start and terminate Track Inspector, and you don't need to move the docker to the bottom or anything. I'm sure I don't understand why are you moving the dockers around.

about error when exiting. I don't have this error.. but I think I know why it may be. I'll try to fix it. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #1071
ericzang

Gianfini, I use the inspector in the way you want to. It is in its own docker to the left. The bottom docker is still there for the history, file browser, etc, and can be there at the same time when the inspector is on the left, or when it is gone.

I don't use or load the master track inspector, don't know if this is related to why it works for me, but I think it is has no effect, as I think I recall the above behavior working when I used to use the master inspector many versions ago.

Heda, the "nil" error I get when the inspector loads but there are no tracks in the project. This is a new error within the last version or two.
ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:35 AM   #1072
Gianfini

Thanks I think I did it... I missed the knowledge about multiple dockers. I thought only one docker could exist, now I learnt how to open multiple.

Reaper rocks!!!

g
Old 01-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #1073
Gianfini

Default Small issue

Hi another issue here.

I'm using -2db pan law in my mixes. Everytime Track Inpector creates the new track and put DpMeter2 on it this track is -2 db lower than the sending track (because of the -2db pan law). So very indicator (TP MAX, dBFS, etc) is -2db vs real values

Solution: when crating the hidden track, you should override for that track only the pan law to 0

g
Old 01-17-2018, 04:34 AM   #1074
heda

@Gianfini. I don't see the issue. The pan law in the hidden track doesn't affect the dpmeter2 in there, because fx are processed before the pan law.
If in the normal track you have pan law -2, of course the meter is going to reflect that because the send to the hidden track is post-fader post-pan. I don't understand what you refer to the real values.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:37 AM   #1075
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
Heda, the "nil" error I get when the inspector loads but there are no tracks in the project. This is a new error within the last version or two.
I believe this should have been fixed in pre39 version. If not, I'll have a look.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #1076
ericzang

In pre39 when in Listening Mode, the fader is not visible for me. Strange thing is I think it was visible yesterday with pre39. I did an uninstall/reinstall of the inspector (VIP version), but no change. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere to change?

I reloaded a backup of pre37 and the fader is there in listening mode.

Thanks.
ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #1077
heda

oops you are right... I broke the fader in listening mode.
I'll fix it.

I have an idea, when using listening mode, there is a lot of empty space there unused. Maybe some panels could fit there nicely, like the notepad for example. maybe it can be a nice option.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #1078
skippertag

Default Feature Request: Scroll through the FX Chain List with Mouse Wheel only

Hey Heda,

I'm not sure if I'd asked that already, but now as I'm having a new Mouse (Trackball) with no mousewheel button to push I'd like to ask if it is possible or why it is not possible to scroll through the fx chain list of plugins with just the mousewheel / the wheel of my trackball mouse?

I tried the mousewheel all over the TI but nothing happened so this function seems to be free to get used, no?

Frank
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #1079
heda

@skippertag
mouse wheel is used in faders, sends, and delay... but it can be disabled. But yes it would be a good idea to use it to scroll up and down the panels too. Or maybe the best it would be to create a small scrollbar. maybe just dragging with left mouse button if starting to drag more than a threshold, it would activate scrolling... I'll think about it.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:16 AM   #1080
skippertag

Quote:
@skippertag
mouse wheel is used in faders, sends, and delay... but it can be disabled. But yes it would be a good idea to use it to scroll up and down the panels too. Or maybe the best it would be to create a small scrollbar. maybe just dragging with left mouse button if starting to drag more than a threshold, it would activate scrolling... I'll think about it.
I don't think a scrollbar is a good choice...many of the menu texts are anyhow quite small and hard to read...and a SMALL scrollbar is again not easy to point at..
a better solution would be (I think) to just activate the scroll function when the mouse is hovering over the FX Chain Panel, ain't it? What do you think?

This would be the WE ALL ARE USED TO - behaviour as it is in the REAPER fx chain windows also..

and I think the option to scroll faders, sends, delays should stay active
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote