CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 06-14-2018, 04:17 AM   #1
Nandos0804
Human being with feelings

Default Certification for Teaching

Hi,
I'm a long time Reaper user and entusiast. Right now i'm working for a small Studio/Music School in Trapani(Sicily). They were using Cubase, i showed them Reaper and what could be done faster and better with your software and using only ReaPlugs.They where so excited that i got the job and they also want me to teach your software for the School students. I was wandering what should i do or if is possibile to get a certification to be able to teach It. Any advice? This is my second time writing (First time by email but i got no response). I really need suggestion, i'm promoting everyday this daw and i will continue to use it, i'd Like to be able to teach It!

Last edited by Nandos0804; 06-14-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:46 AM   #2
ivansc

Hi and welcome to the forums. Try posting it in the REAL general Discussion forum (NOT the spam trap - see header) and you will likely get more responses. Who did you email? Cockos???
Old 06-18-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
G-Sun

Thanks for your enthusiasm Nandos0804!

There are no certification-program for teaching Reaper.
If you want to teach Reaper, then go ahead

But, as your post-count indicates, you seem not that well experienced in Reaper -aka not ready for teaching it yet.

I suggest you familiar yourself with all aspects of Reaper:
- Midi
- Audio
- Video
- Forum
- Video tutorials
- User guide
- SWS and ReaPack, JS and scripting
- Cockos business-philosophy and way of working

Then, make a detailed list of subjects for what you want to teach your students.
Be sure you know these topics in depth.

Then, teach
Old 06-18-2018, 02:45 AM   #4
bucca

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
But, as your post-count indicates, you seem not that well experienced in Reaper...
ooops
Old 06-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #5
Nandos0804

Yes, this for me is the first time posting on this forum, since its the first time for me doing it professionally. I'm already following ReaperMania, RepearianiIta and other video and tutorial and I regularly use SWSextension. Of course i'm not ready to teach, but atm what i can do with Reaper made me able to work in a studio full time. Since i'm willing to spread Reaper to our student i was asking in this forum. Thank you four you replay
Old 06-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #6
Nandos0804

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
But, as your post-count indicates, you seem not that well experienced in Reaper -aka not ready for teaching it yet.
But i'm writing to know what i should do to be able to teach. But since there is no certification this forces me to change DAW to something that has course and certification for teaching. I will keep use Reaper as my main DAW, but no certification makes me unable to start the course for my studio
Old 06-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #7
Nandos0804

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Hi and welcome to the forums. Try posting it in the REAL general Discussion forum (NOT the spam trap - see header) and you will likely get more responses. Who did you email? Cockos???
I contacted cockos support. I will also try to post in the General Discussion, but since i dont have any qualification and i know that i may seem like someone who is trying to be more qualified than it seems i posted on the spam section (expecting 0 answers). Sorry for my english btw
Old 06-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #8
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
But i'm writing to know what i should do to be able to teach. But since there is no certification this forces me to change DAW to something that has course and certification for teaching. I will keep use Reaper as my main DAW, but no certification makes me unable to start the course for my studio

any studio that is forcing you to provide a certificate to start studying--would avoid like the plague.
you are an amazing being-no amount of certification will prove that--but your actions or deeds will do.
there are no masters-only craftsmen/women.. we are all in a state of constant learning= so no1 can know and show all of the all that is.
we can make attempts--some are better than others..
gl+most importantly=have fun!!

Last edited by Bri1; 06-18-2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: doh oh
Old 06-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #9
Nandos0804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
any studio that is forcing you to provide a certificate to start studying--would avoid like the plague.
you are an amazing being-no amount of certification will prove that--but your actions or deeds will do.
there are no masters-only crafstmen/women.. we are all in a state of constant learning= so no1 can know and show all of the all that is.
we can make attempts--some are better than others..
gl+most importantly=have fun!!
Here the reality is a Little different. I work 16 hours a day, 0€ salary and no refound for moving with car or buss. If i eat at the studio i must pay my food. But i do It for passion and love, leaving all customers happy. But without certification i can't escape from this hell. I'm really really low on budget, i saved for month for my Reaper license. Things aren't going well, except for the fact that i'm learning by doing

Last edited by Nandos0804; 06-18-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Misstype
Old 06-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #10
Bri1
Banned

^i suggest follow your heart--it is 1 of the most powerfull leaders and teachers you will ever find.period.

when you follow your heart's path-you fall into the path of love,cause+effect which will be more aligned to your actual spiritual path.
anything other than your higher self's path, is a distraction,or misleading entity that will confuse and mis-guide you in all honesty m8.
the universe will provide-fear not! >to become a sonic warrior you know you are!!