Old 03-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #1
testOneTwo
Human being with feelings

Default Q: Nektar Impact control surface re-mapping

Hi,

I have a Nektar Impact LX88 which is fully configured as a control surface in Reaper.

When I use it through an audio interface via midi cable, Reaper does not recognize the Impact. I can enable Input+Control in the Midi device list and the keys and hardware controllers then do work, but the preconfigured control surface mappings do not work.

I tried editing the control surface in the preferences and telling it to use the audio interfaces midi inputs/outputs, but that strangely and completely messes up the midi devices. I had to completely delete the audio interface midi device and unplug and restart from scratch to get midi to work again.

So questions:
- how can I apply the existing control surface configuration with the audio interfaces midi inputs/outputs?
- the mapping configuration files (.npm) seem to be binary files. Is that Reaper proprietary? Is there a way to manipulate those configuration files to make them point to the audio interfaces midi device?
- in case none of this works and I might have to re-map everything manually: How can I map more complicated things like the index and range of tracks to control with the hardware track faders? Or all of the functionalities available with the Nektar's shift button, does that send a special midi command? Is there some kind of reference/manual for these kinds of question? I'm a noob, but desperate and willing to learn...
testOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote