Old 02-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #1
Coachz
Human being with feelings

Default Odd request tracking mastering modes

When I open my Reaper projects, I have a script that automatically enables my master effects.

Ideally I would like to have a button in my toolbar that toggles between tracking and mastering modes so that when I'm in the tracking mode the script would disable the master effects and when I'm in the master mode and the project is opened I would like it to enable the master effects.

Can any of you Geniuses think of a workaround way that I could make this happen? Thanks as always for any ideas

Last edited by Coachz; 02-20-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
domzy

i'm not sure i understand how this is different to pressing the FX on/off button on the master track?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
i'm not sure i understand how this is different to pressing the FX on/off button on the master track?
Yeah okay. Well, the difference is that when I select a button in Reaper I would need it to remember the mode so that the next time the project is opened it would choose the appropriate action.that action beingn weather to bypass the effects or enable them on the master track.

And if there's some other way 2 give the script the information on whether I'm in tracking or mastering mode I'm fine with that also. I just figured it would need to be a toggle button that would save its state when the project closes and reopens

If there is a way to indicate a variety of States I would expect a lot of other people would be able to use this information also on their startup scripts to configure Reaper differently depending on the mode they select
Old 02-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #4
poetnprophet

Can you not do a cycle action that toggles between the two? I think if you create a toolbar button from it, the toggle state will show...?
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:30 PM   #5
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Can you not do a cycle action that toggles between the two? I think if you create a toolbar button from it, the toggle state will show...?
Yes. That worked. I made a do nothing script and assigned it twice in the cycle action toggle with a step between them.

Then I used this code to enable/disable my master fx. Works great since Reaper projects remember button state on load.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...63&postcount=5