Old 05-18-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
FixMy106
Human being with feelings

Default Solved - BlueArp not saving its state

Is there some Reaper setting to help out with VST's which don't save their state on shut-down of the program?

I'm having trouble with BlueArp VST, a brilliant midi arpeggiator. According to its manual it should just save its state like any other VST I have used with Reaper, but when I close Reaper and open the session again, BlueArp is just in its default initialized state with all my arp creations gone.

Now, it is possible to manually save the arp program to a file, but that's quite unhandy in the long term, to have to carefully pair those files with sessions and then you inevitably forget to save changes and lose your patterns of course.

So, any help would be appreciated, because I love this little idea-generator!

Thanks!

Last edited by FixMy106; 09-25-2019 at 05:02 PM.
FixMy106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
FixMy106

Bumping this post from a while back, wondering if anyone's got an answer for this?

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
Reason

Not really a specific answer, but I had a similar issue a while back and didn't have anything invested into BlueArp, so I just gave up on it. However, Full Bucket has a similar product, SequencAIR:
https://www.fullbucket.de/music/sequencair.html

They actively work on their stuff, last update was less than a month ago, so I'd expect it to work the way you want it to.
Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
MaXyM

Hmmm
I'm using BlueArp recently quite often and never noticed loosing changes in its setting.
I'm not trying to insist that it cannot happen though

Are you using recent BlueArp version?
MaXyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #5
FixMy106

I found a solution to this, if anyone is interested: In the plug-in browser, by right clicking on the Blue Arp and de-activating the setting "Save state as VST bank" it now works as it should.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #6
mryesno

"I found a solution to this, if anyone is interested: In the plug-in browser, by right clicking on the Blue Arp and de-activating the setting "Save state as VST bank" it now works as it should."

Thank you so much, FixMy106! I would never have figured this out without your help!
mryesno is offline   Reply With Quote