Old 01-22-2021, 02:02 AM   #1
Reaperseemscoolbut
Human being with feelings

Default Guitar Rig 5 Player cant use it

Hi, when I open up Guitar Rig 5 Player as an fx in Reaper, I am not able to play and record with the effects, because the size of the window doesnt allow me to choose my audio interface inside Guitar Rig 5 (I think it can be found under "File Options"). I always have to record with my boring clean tone and put the fx over it. Do you have an idea on how to change it?
Reaperseemscoolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:41 AM   #2
zeekat

If you run it as a VST inside Reaper it uses the device Reaper is using, you don't have to search anything inside plugin's window. You have to just set the right interface's input for the track you have GR5 on and enable track monitoring (lil speaker icon).
Old 01-22-2021, 05:39 AM   #3
Reaperseemscoolbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
If you run it as a VST inside Reaper it uses the device Reaper is using, you don't have to search anything inside plugin's window. You have to just set the right interface's input for the track you have GR5 on and enable track monitoring (lil speaker icon).
Hi, thanks for the support. Yes it works, but the tone is coming a bit later than I play it. Do you have an idea on how to change that? Sorry that i sound like an amateur, guess i am one...
Reaperseemscoolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 05:48 AM   #4
zeekat

Set Reaper's audio system to ASIO and set ASIO buffer size as low as possible (it'd be something between 32 and 128 usually). If there's sound problems bump the buffer size a notch.

In case you didn't install ASIO driver yet - download one from interfaces manufacturer website.