Old 09-07-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
cern.th.skei
Human being with feelings

Default [linux] ladspa & dssi wrappers

because of the upcoming linux version of reaper, i decided to continue working on my ladspa -> vst wrapper plugin.. it (still) seems to be working pretty nicely, and i have over 400 additional plugins to experiment with now :-) some ladspa plugins doesn't make sense in a 'traditional' daw setting, but because of reaper's quite modular approach, i think there's a lot of potential..

there's a few things i want to add before i release a new version (gui, stability, ...), but until then, if you are curious and adventurous, you can play around with the previous version:

ladspa_wrapper_v0.0.3.zip (55kb)

and, also, here's a dssi wrapper that works in a similar way.. but it's not as useful because there's no gui yet, and some dssi plugins doesn't work very well without it.. also, there's not many dssi plugins around.. but whysynth works, and has some really nice presets!

dssi_wrapper_v0.0.0.zip (119kb)

look at the readme.txt in the zip files, and let me know how it goes.. i will work a bit more on both of these, and post new versions soon..

- tor-helge
Old 10-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #2
ALAN_P_IN_DC

C.T.S., Hi from Alan in Washington DC USA.

I am contemplating a move from MIXBUS to Reaper on Win7. While I love the sound that Harrison gave Mixbus, it has become too cumbersome to move around in quickly.

There are a lot of plug-ins I have come to like in Mixbus that I would enjoy being able to port over to Reaper; many of them being LV2 and LADSPA running in the Windows environment. Would the plug-in you are working on allow me to do so, or would you know if Reaper can already read the LV format?

So you know, I am a Linux convert myself (my day job involves the Rivendell Radio Automation system running on Centos), but I need to stay grounded in the Windows world for a number of reasons. Advice is welcome, thank you.
ALAN_P_IN_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
cern.th.skei

no, they won't.. my plugins are simple wrappers, and just pass messages and data/pointers back and forth between the (linux) vst host and the (linux) ladspa/dssi plugins.. they load the .so files directly, and does no translation or other 'magic' stuff..

but maybe carla can do that?
http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Applications:Carla
Old 10-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN_P_IN_DC View Post
C.T.S., Hi from Alan in Washington DC USA.

I am contemplating a move from MIXBUS to Reaper on Win7. While I love the sound that Harrison gave Mixbus, it has become too cumbersome to move around in quickly.

There are a lot of plug-ins I have come to like in Mixbus that I would enjoy being able to port over to Reaper; many of them being LV2 and LADSPA running in the Windows environment. Would the plug-in you are working on allow me to do so, or would you know if Reaper can already read the LV format?

So you know, I am a Linux convert myself (my day job involves the Rivendell Radio Automation system running on Centos), but I need to stay grounded in the Windows world for a number of reasons. Advice is welcome, thank you.
FWIW, reaper on linux can use all mixbus' essential and XT plugins via lv2vst. So far there is no builtin reaper lv2 support.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:33 AM   #5
PMan

Hello cern.th.skei,

I just tried to download your wrapper plugins but the links are no longer valid... This is an old thread, but I still have some FX chains that use Whysynth.

How can I download these wrappers or yours?
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote