Old 06-22-2021, 02:00 AM   #1321
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Forest City
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Linking is back in the form of Broadcast/Receive, eg, in the MCU Home Zone:
Code:
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastGoFXSlot
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastGoZone 
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastMapTrackSendsSlotToWidgets
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastMapTrackFXMenusSlotToWidgets
c/w, in the C4 Home Zone:
Code:
	OnInitialization SetReceiveGoFXSlot
	OnInitialization SetReceiveGoZone
Thanks, excellent.

Since I haven´t updated for a while, do I need the latest CSI 1.0 or CSI 1.1beta for broadcast?


Updated to latest 1.0 now, to give the recieve action a go. Set it up like described in the wiki, but no fader movement.

added to the channel zone:
Code:
Option+Select|      MapSelectedTrackReceivesToWidgets  / Map Recieves 1-8
Option+Select| 	Reaper  "40293"			/Open I/O menu
and added a receive-zone

Code:
Zone "Receive"
    ReceiveNavigator
    DisplayUpper|       TrackReceiveNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|       TrackReceiveVolumeDisplay
    Mute|               TrackReceiveMute
    Fader|              TrackReceiveVolume
    Rotary|		TrackReceivePan
ZoneEnd

Last edited by WaveTrans; 06-22-2021 at 07:06 AM.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:28 AM   #1322
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Thanks, excellent.

Since I haven´t updated for a while, do I need the latest CSI 1.0 or CSI 1.1beta for broadcast?


Updated to latest 1.0 now, to give the recieve action a go. Set it up like described in the wiki, but no fader movement.

added to the channel zone:
Code:
Option+Select|      MapSelectedTrackReceivesToWidgets  / Map Recieves 1-8
Option+Select| 	Reaper  "40293"			/Open I/O menu
and added a receive-zone

Code:
Zone "Receive"
    ReceiveNavigator
    DisplayUpper|       TrackReceiveNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|       TrackReceiveVolumeDisplay
    Mute|               TrackReceiveMute
    Fader|              TrackReceiveVolume
    Rotary|		TrackReceivePan
ZoneEnd
There are a lot of things in flight as we transition from 1.0 to 1.1. I'm not sure what the state of Receives are in 1.0 (they may not exist) and in 1.1, the navigators and zone names have changed.

Might be best to either go full blown 1.1 beta if you can or just hang back a little longer.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:12 AM   #1323
spkr4thdd
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Scotland
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yup, Navigator must be on the very next line after Zone.
My response last night was premature... no dice?

I've got this in my Buttons.zon:

Code:
	Pan			GoZone		"PanWidth"
And my Panwidth.zon is now as follows:

Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
	TrackNavigator
	Pan			GoZone		"Home"
	DisplayLower|		TrackPanWidthDisplay
	Rotary|			TrackPanWidth	"1"
ZoneEnd
Pressing 'Pan' does diddly...?
__________________
Slainté, Grae
Mac Pro 5,1 | OSX 10.13.6 | Reaper 6.16(64) | CSI (Latest) & DBM4R (Latest) | Behringer X-Touch (1.21)
spkr4thdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:46 AM   #1324
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Forest City
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
There are a lot of things in flight as we transition from 1.0 to 1.1. I'm not sure what the state of Receives are in 1.0 (they may not exist) and in 1.1, the navigators and zone names have changed.

Might be best to either go full blown 1.1 beta if you can or just hang back a little longer.
Thanks.
I will wait

By accident I copied the 1.1 beta in , which had devastating effects on my system, most serious was the loss of function of a fader. I feared the worst, but reverting to the 1.0 build saved the day.

The latest 1.0 works fine so far.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #1325
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Thanks.
I will wait

By accident I copied the 1.1 beta in , which had devastating effects on my system, most serious was the loss of function of a fader. I feared the worst, but reverting to the 1.0 build saved the day.

The latest 1.0 works fine so far.
Are you a Eucon user by any chance? I vaguely recall that you may be. If so, I'd definitely give 1.1 some more time.

Otherwise, things are pretty stable but lots of little updates are required in advance.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:05 PM   #1326
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Forest City
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Are you a Eucon user by any chance? I vaguely recall that you may be. If so, I'd definitely give 1.1 some more time.

Otherwise, things are pretty stable but lots of little updates are required in advance.
No, Sir, no Eucon, only CSI 1.0 on Midi/MCU (Platform Icon Nano and Xplus).

I will wait until everything is settled with 1.1, so I don´t have to bother everyone here too much.

Cheers and thanks for your good work!
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:12 AM   #1327
ivanmihaljevic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 62
Default

Hey!
I bought an expression pedal for my X Touch and wanted to set it up to control horizontal Zoom! I swear I saw someone in a video doing just that on YouTube, but I can't remember where.
Anyway, the way I have it set up right now is:

MST:
Code:
Widget ExpressionPedal 
  Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f 
  FB_Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f
WidgetEnd
Zone:
Code:
	ExpressionPedal		Reaper 998 //Horizontal zoom
Action 998 is "View: Adjust horizontal zoom (MIDI CC/OSC only)". However, whichever way I move the pedal Reaper instantly jumps to a specific level of Zoom and stays there regardless of my further pedal wiggling.
The same behavior happens if I assign a fader to the same action. And MIDIOx shows the expression pedal outputing the full range of control messages expected from a 7bit Fader.
So... What am I messing up? Should I be using a different action? Which one?
Or is Reaper possibly not receiving the exact data on fader position?
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:39 AM   #1328
ivanmihaljevic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanmihaljevic View Post
Hey!
I bought an expression pedal for my X Touch and wanted to set it up to control horizontal Zoom! I swear I saw someone in a video doing just that on YouTube, but I can't remember where.
Anyway, the way I have it set up right now is:

MST:
Code:
Widget ExpressionPedal 
  Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f 
  FB_Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f
WidgetEnd
Zone:
Code:
	ExpressionPedal		Reaper 998 //Horizontal zoom
Action 998 is "View: Adjust horizontal zoom (MIDI CC/OSC only)". However, whichever way I move the pedal Reaper instantly jumps to a specific level of Zoom and stays there regardless of my further pedal wiggling.
The same behavior happens if I assign a fader to the same action. And MIDIOx shows the expression pedal outputing the full range of control messages expected from a 7bit Fader.
So... What am I messing up? Should I be using a different action? Which one?
Or is Reaper possibly not receiving the exact data on fader position?
A little more experimentation - if I disable CSI and enable control messages from my X Touch and map the expression pedal to that same action, it works great! But I can't have the control messages input enabled and CSI running.
So is there a way to have CSI pass over defined control messages to Reaper?
If not, wouldn't that be nice?
Like have a syntax like "ExpressionPedal PassToReaper" and then Reaper gets MIDI info that you can do whatever you'd like with. Does that sound reasonable?
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #1329
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanmihaljevic View Post
Hey!
I bought an expression pedal for my X Touch and wanted to set it up to control horizontal Zoom! I swear I saw someone in a video doing just that on YouTube, but I can't remember where.
Anyway, the way I have it set up right now is:

MST:
Code:
Widget ExpressionPedal 
  Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f 
  FB_Fader7Bit b0 2e 7f
WidgetEnd
Zone:
Code:
	ExpressionPedal		Reaper 998 //Horizontal zoom
Action 998 is "View: Adjust horizontal zoom (MIDI CC/OSC only)". However, whichever way I move the pedal Reaper instantly jumps to a specific level of Zoom and stays there regardless of my further pedal wiggling.
The same behavior happens if I assign a fader to the same action. And MIDIOx shows the expression pedal outputing the full range of control messages expected from a 7bit Fader.
So... What am I messing up? Should I be using a different action? Which one?
Or is Reaper possibly not receiving the exact data on fader position?
I think that was my video..!
I use an FCB1010 with 2 expression pedals.
1 controls horizontal zoom, 2 controls grid zoom.
Controlling the grid means the jog wheel will step at grid size. This makes the pedal like an "accelerator pedal" .. or "audio handbrake"when jog wheeling forward and backward.
I will get back to you with how i'm doing that when i check the reaper actions - soon as i can.
The speed of the zoom is not limited like hotkeys seem to be. You can perform other tasks with a controller (or hotkeys) whilst instant zoom (max/min) your view.
what pedal are you using?
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:59 PM   #1330
ivanmihaljevic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
I think that was my video..!
I use an FCB1010 with 2 expression pedals.
1 controls horizontal zoom, 2 controls grid zoom.
Controlling the grid means the jog wheel will step at grid size. This makes the pedal like an "accelerator pedal" .. or "audio handbrake"when jog wheeling forward and backward.
I will get back to you with how i'm doing that when i check the reaper actions - soon as i can.
The speed of the zoom is not limited like hotkeys seem to be. You can perform other tasks with a controller (or hotkeys) whilst instant zoom (max/min) your view.
what pedal are you using?
Thanks! Are you doing it through CSI though?
I'm using a cheap Zoom expression pedal hooked up to my X Touch.
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:04 PM   #1331
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanmihaljevic View Post
Thanks! Are you doing it through CSI though?
I'm using a cheap Zoom expression pedal hooked up to my X Touch.
Ah - Sorry - i'm using 4 devices - two are CSI 2 are midi.
The pedal board 1010 is running midi.
well worth getting a cheap midi foot controller and run it midi for this action though..
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:09 PM   #1332
ivanmihaljevic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Ah - Sorry - i'm using 4 devices - two are CSI 2 are midi.
The pedal board 1010 is running midi.
well worth getting a cheap midi foot controller and run it midi for this action though..
Yeah I figured out how to do it with MIDI. But I can't do MIDI and CSI at the same time with the same controller and buying a separate controller just for this seems a bit excessive
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:43 AM   #1333
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkr4thdd View Post
My response last night was premature... no dice?

I've got this in my Buttons.zon:

Code:
	Pan			GoZone		"PanWidth"
And my Panwidth.zon is now as follows:

Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
	TrackNavigator
	Pan			GoZone		"Home"
	DisplayLower|		TrackPanWidthDisplay
	Rotary|			TrackPanWidth	"1"
ZoneEnd
Pressing 'Pan' does diddly...?
Have you removed the 'Toggle' line from the Rotary statements in the .mst?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:50 AM   #1334
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkr4thdd View Post
My response last night was premature... no dice?

I've got this in my Buttons.zon:

Code:
	Pan			GoZone		"PanWidth"
Also, this won't work unless you 'FrankenZone' it:
Code:
Pan    GoZone PanWidth1
Pan    GoZone PanWidth2
Pan    GoZone PanWidth3
Pan    GoZone PanWidth4
Pan    GoZone PanWidth5
Pan    GoZone PanWidth6
Pan    GoZone PanWidth7
Pan    GoZone PanWidth8
As FrankenZones have certain stability issues, it's probably better to call PanWidth from the Channel Zone:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    RotaryPush|           GoZone PanWidth|
.....
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
TrackNavigator
    DisplayLower|               		TrackPanWidthDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 		GoZone Channel|
    Rotary|                     		TrackPanWidth
ZoneEnd
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:24 AM   #1335
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default leaps and bounds and... brick wall

Hi all - Using the MCU, I've got some great functions for plugins now, from faders/rotary when in the FXZone via modifiers. Better than i had even planned but..
UNlike in the Tracks and Busses zone, the buttons are all momentary..After a day of it, i'm a bit pickled in the head - maybe this is so simple?
I just want' them to toggle as they do in the Tracks and Busses zone, so i can't/shouldn't do this in the mst i'm thinking.. but isn't that where the function is defined?
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #1336
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Hi all - Using the MCU, I've got some great functions for plugins now, from faders/rotary when in the FXZone via modifiers. Better than i had even planned but..
UNlike in the Tracks and Busses zone, the buttons are all momentary..After a day of it, i'm a bit pickled in the head - maybe this is so simple?
I just want' them to toggle as they do in the Tracks and Busses zone, so i can't/shouldn't do this in the mst i'm thinking.. but isn't that where the function is defined?
Are your release messages defined in your mst like this?

Code:
Press b0 01 7f b0 01 00
The modifiers intended functionality is:

Quick press will latch the modifier like you are expecting and a long press will release the modifier once you release it.

But if CSI doesn't know the release message then it can't really gauge how long you pressed the button for. Hopefully that's your issue east peezy. Great videos btw!
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #1337
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Are your release messages defined in your mst like this?

Code:
Press b0 01 7f b0 01 00
The modifiers intended functionality is:

Quick press will latch the modifier like you are expecting and a long press will release the modifier once you release it.

But if CSI doesn't know the release message then it can't really gauge how long you pressed the button for. Hopefully that's your issue east peezy. Great videos btw!
HI Charlie - Jeez! that speed of response puts emergency services to shame
I should explain properly, sorry:
Modifiers - all tip top and performing just as you state - no probs there..
It's the rec/solo/mute buttons. In the FXZone, they only "switch" one way and remain there. I'm using:

RecordArm1 FXParam 15 [ 1 ] //ON/OFF
Shift+RecordArm1 FXParam 15 [ -1 ] //ON/OFF

..but it's a bit clumsy - i was hoping to toggle ..
Of all my expectations in life, i never thought i'd say i was "hoping to toggle.!"

Many thanks for the kind words
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:24 AM   #1338
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
HI Charlie - Jeez! that speed of response puts emergency services to shame
I should explain properly, sorry:
Modifiers - all tip top and performing just as you state - no probs there..
It's the rec/solo/mute buttons. In the FXZone, they only "switch" one way and remain there. I'm using:

RecordArm1 FXParam 15 [ 1 ] //ON/OFF
Shift+RecordArm1 FXParam 15 [ -1 ] //ON/OFF

..but it's a bit clumsy - i was hoping to toggle ..
Of all my expectations in life, i never thought i'd say i was "hoping to toggle.!"

Many thanks for the kind words


Toggles are done like this:

Code:
RecArm1 FxParam 15 [ 0.0 1.0 ]
Really hope that's what you're missing
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #1339
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Toggles are done like this:

Code:
RecArm1 FxParam 15 [ 0.0 1.0 ]
Really hope that's what you're missing
That, my good man, is exactly what does it, thank you!
An upturn at the end of a long day - Many thanks
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #1340
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
That, my good man, is exactly what does it, thank you!
An upturn at the end of a long day - Many thanks
You're very welcome! Glad I could be of some help.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #1341
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
You're very welcome! Glad I could be of some help.
Possibly a moment more of your time?
I've tried reversing the values [ 1.0 0.0 ] to get the led's to show up when the parameter is "ON" not off ... not as simple as i thought... oddly - it's the right way round when using [ 0.0 1.0 ] for the solo buttons..
Thank you
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #1342
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Possibly a moment more of your time?
I've tried reversing the values [ 1.0 0.0 ] to get the led's to show up when the parameter is "ON" not off ... not as simple as i thought... oddly - it's the right way round when using [ 0.0 1.0 ] for the solo buttons..
Thank you
Code:
InvertFB+RecArm1 FXParam 15 [ 0.0 1.0 ]
Should do it.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #1343
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Code:
InvertFB+RecArm1 FXParam 15 [ 0.0 1.0 ]
Should do it.
Absolutely has done it thanks. I tried invert, but without FB after it..or. a capital "I"
Should call it a day.
Many, many thanks for the replies - this will get my final FXZone video complete.
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:44 PM   #1344
spkr4thdd
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Scotland
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Also, this won't work unless you 'FrankenZone' it:
Code:
Pan    GoZone PanWidth1
Pan    GoZone PanWidth2
Pan    GoZone PanWidth3
Pan    GoZone PanWidth4
Pan    GoZone PanWidth5
Pan    GoZone PanWidth6
Pan    GoZone PanWidth7
Pan    GoZone PanWidth8
As FrankenZones have certain stability issues, it's probably better to call PanWidth from the Channel Zone:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    RotaryPush|           GoZone PanWidth|
.....
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
TrackNavigator
    DisplayLower|               		TrackPanWidthDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 		GoZone Channel|
    Rotary|                     		TrackPanWidth
ZoneEnd
Cheers, that makes sense, I'll give it a whirl now I'm back at the studio setup for a few days.
__________________
Slainté, Grae
Mac Pro 5,1 | OSX 10.13.6 | Reaper 6.16(64) | CSI (Latest) & DBM4R (Latest) | Behringer X-Touch (1.21)
spkr4thdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:56 AM   #1345
UNdark
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Also, this won't work unless you 'FrankenZone' it:
Code:
Pan    GoZone PanWidth1
Pan    GoZone PanWidth2
Pan    GoZone PanWidth3
Pan    GoZone PanWidth4
Pan    GoZone PanWidth5
Pan    GoZone PanWidth6
Pan    GoZone PanWidth7
Pan    GoZone PanWidth8
As FrankenZones have certain stability issues, it's probably better to call PanWidth from the Channel Zone:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    RotaryPush|           GoZone PanWidth|
.....
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "PanWidth"
TrackNavigator
    DisplayLower|               		TrackPanWidthDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 		GoZone Channel|
    Rotary|                     		TrackPanWidth
ZoneEnd
I pinched that works really nicely!! It means (SHIFT) i can see the pans on all 8 faders, with the display, and zero them with rotary push. Un modified, rotary push takes me in and out of pan width with clear display of state/position. Good work. It then gave me the idea to use (CONTROL) touch/move fader to zero individual faders - cheers old boy!
__________________
Mac Mini 2.3 quad 16gb ram os x - High Sierra
UNdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:15 AM   #1346
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 820
Default

Man I finally got OSC working. Well sort of. I had windows defender turned off but it's possible a windows update or two changed something. Anyways, I turned that on and off and things have improved

I have two way communication now.

But now the button feedback only works correctly if I initiate the feedback from the mouse.

To say that another way, if I select a track with my mouse, the correct feedback is shown on OSC. But if I click on TrackUniqueSelect on OSC, the correct track actually gets selected, but the feedback is wrong. Same with shift, the functionality is correct. It will latch with a quick press but the button doesn't stay lit.


I believe it's a local feedback issue but I can't pin it down.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:50 AM   #1347
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
But now the button feedback only works correctly if I initiate the feedback from the mouse.

To say that another way, if I select a track with my mouse, the correct feedback is shown on OSC. But if I click on TrackUniqueSelect on OSC, the correct track actually gets selected, but the feedback is wrong. Same with shift, the functionality is correct. It will latch with a quick press but the button doesn't stay lit.


I believe it's a local feedback issue but I can't pin it down.
I get this too. I sent them an email about but haven't heard anything back. The messages sent from the button and received back are identical to old TouchOSC, just the behaviour of the light is different.

The track select buttons can be made to work properly by disabling the release message from the button, but this doesn't work for other simple toggles, like the metronome.

Possibly related, have you noticed how the button light turns on and off when you push it with nothing connected (ie Reaper not running)? The old TouchOSC doesn't do this (correctly, in my belief)
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #1348
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I get this too. I sent them an email about but haven't heard anything back. The messages sent from the button and received back are identical to old TouchOSC, just the behaviour of the light is different.

The track select buttons can be made to work properly by disabling the release message from the button, but this doesn't work for other simple toggles, like the metronome.

Possibly related, have you noticed how the button light turns on and off when you push it with nothing connected (ie Reaper not running)? The old TouchOSC doesn't do this (correctly, in my belief)
Yeah exactly I think that's the problem.

Glad you messaged them about that as you probably said it clearer than I did
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:52 AM   #1349
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,532
Default

BREAKING CHANGE BREAKING CHANGE BREAKING CHANGE BREAKING CHANGE

New experimental build is up.

CSI Exp.zip

Let's call it a v1.1 beta preview.

Implemented the new Touch model.

You will have to change your Zones files from this:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator

     Fader|                   TrackVolume
     DisplayUpper|            TrackNameDisplay
     FaderTouch+DisplayUpper| TrackVolumeDisplay
   
    ...
ZoneEnd
to this:

Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator

     Fader|                   TrackVolume
     DisplayUpper|            TrackNameDisplay
     Fader|Touch+DisplayUpper| TrackVolumeDisplay
   
    ...
ZoneEnd
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 02:53 AM   #1350
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,532
Default

BREAKING CHANGE BREAKING CHANGE BREAKING CHANGE BREAKING CHANGE

New build is up.

CSI v1_1.zip

If you are switching from v1_0, you need to make 2 changes:


ONE
If you have a Channel Zone, and use something like this:

FaderTouch

You need to change it to:

Fader|Touch

TWO
EVERY Zone must be in its own file.

So, where you typically had "Home", "Channel", etc., in one file you now need a Home.zon, Channel.zon, etc. with just one Zone in each.
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #1351
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,532
Default

Ok, with CSI v1.1 out, time for the yearly donation drive.

If you find CSI useful, would like to donate, and haven't already done so, please see the instructions below in blue.
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 02:30 AM   #1352
rmusmeci
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 11
Default CSI v1.1 - Platform Nano no more working

Dears,

it seems that the mapping of the OnSelectedTrackNavigator event is no more working with CSI v1.1. I did some experimentations splitting the main zone file (one file per zone), but it seems that it is not loaded at all. On startup, the controller remains on an undefined track and then it is unresponsive.

Any chance that it is required some naming convention on the main .zon file to be loaded before any other?

Thanks,
rmusmeci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:41 AM   #1353
jpchartrand
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 77
Default

Could someone explain how to start from scratch and get the Midi Fighter Twister to be used for CCs and output MIDI feedback? That's all I'm trying to do and I can't for the life of mine figure out how. I've gone through pages and pages of forums but can't figure it out
jpchartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:26 PM   #1354
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchartrand View Post
Could someone explain how to start from scratch and get the Midi Fighter Twister to be used for CCs and output MIDI feedback? That's all I'm trying to do and I can't for the life of mine figure out how. I've gone through pages and pages of forums but can't figure it out
The wiki is where you'll find more information about how to setup a surface:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki

If you want to check out my MIDI Fighter Twister setup, you can find that here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h58pa7ee4t...ister.zip?dl=0

...now the .zon files are very specific to my setup and include displays that I mirror on a TouchOSC device, but you could either check them out or customize them...or just use the .mst file and create your own .zon file.

The wiki is your friend.

Start small. Check out other people's .zon files for ideas and examples. Reference the Wiki frequently, particularly the CSI Actions.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:03 PM   #1355
jpchartrand
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
The wiki is where you'll find more information about how to setup a surface:

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki

If you want to check out my MIDI Fighter Twister setup, you can find that here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h58pa7ee4t...ister.zip?dl=0

...now the .zon files are very specific to my setup and include displays that I mirror on a TouchOSC device, but you could either check them out or customize them...or just use the .mst file and create your own .zon file.

The wiki is your friend.

Start small. Check out other people's .zon files for ideas and examples. Reference the Wiki frequently, particularly the CSI Actions.
Thank you this is REALLY helpful. I checked out your files and gotta say... you have great taste in plugins
jpchartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:01 AM   #1356
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchartrand View Post
Thank you this is REALLY helpful. I checked out your files and gotta say... you have great taste in plugins
Thanks! Hopefully you can use them.

If you have a spare iPad or Android tablet and TouchOSC, try out the TouchOSC layouts too. You can run the TouchOSC surface to mirror the Twister and add displays. It's pretty incredible what CSI is capable of.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:56 AM   #1357
Finow79
Human being with feelings
 
Finow79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: D
Posts: 96
Default Softube Console 1 Fader zon File

I´ve allready used the search function for this thread, unfortunately couldn´t find something for me.

I m trying to create a zon file for my console 1 fader. I took the mst file from the CSI folder. There is no zon File Folder for c1 fader , right?
I´m using CSI 1.0
OS Win 10 , Reaper portable 6.32

Some Question:

How do i get the VUmeter on each channel working?
Couldn´t find any widget in the mst file for it.

Some TCP fader in reaper are moving/ wobbling.
How can i fix this?
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.