Old 06-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
ARP
Human being with feelings

Default Epicverb problems with Reaper.

Hi all, my favourite plug reverb is Bootsy Epicverb, my "go to" for lush spacey verbs. It's OK if I use it on a send, and create a buss for it, but sometimes I would like to use it as an "item" effect, when I do this something weird happens, when I start the item playing I get a weird pre-echo, like tape print-through, at the beginning of the item, I can't get rid of it, so the plug is limited to being used on a buss only. This doesn't happen with any other plug in !

ARP.
ARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:41 AM   #2
fulvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Hi all, my favourite plug reverb is Bootsy Epicverb, my "go to" for lush spacey verbs. It's OK if I use it on a send, and create a buss for it, but sometimes I would like to use it as an "item" effect, when I do this something weird happens, when I start the item playing I get a weird pre-echo, like tape print-through, at the beginning of the item, I can't get rid of it, so the plug is limited to being used on a buss only. This doesn't happen with any other plug in !

ARP.

I'm finding that it creates a latency in the track. Did you manage to find a solution, because I, like you, would like to be able to use it not just as a send?
Old 01-24-2016, 05:01 AM   #3
VinodXAgent

Epicverb is running fine here. The default setting is 100% Wet. When using as FX insert or ItemFX you have to change that Ratio. Maybe that is what you are experiencing as latency.
VinodXAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
fulvia

The latency is there all the time. If set to dry in epic verb it is noticeable. If the ratio is changed in reaper's wet/dry control in the top right hand corner of the FX window, then you can hear the delay with epic verb signal sounding later. So, if epic verb is set to dry, and then the reaper fx wet/dry ratio set to 50% you hear the dry unprocessed signal, and a slapback echo of the signal post-epicverb.