Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
Tsjanith
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper consistently crashing. DESPERATELY in need of help

Okay, so I have a school project that's due in less than a week. It is an audio class, and I am doing a virtual song with vsti instruments as well as a sampled 'ding' from a glass and a spoon.

I have done work on this project previously, and everything went fine. Today I really got cracking on the project with determination to finish it. I added more instruments and programmed them. After a while, Reaper started to crash...over and over again, until it became consistent.

In addition, all the DSK plugins for whatever reason require me to remove them and reset them each time I start the program, I don't know why this happens, but it always has.

It is absolutely CRUCIAL that I get this problem resolved. I am on a scholarship student about to graduate, and this is a wall I can't climb over myself.

Important note: The program does not crash upon loading up the project, just shortly after playing and trying to work with it.

I am VERY new to this, but I love doing it. If not for the esoteric technical difficulties I encounter, I would have been done hours ago, but this is a wall I can't climb myself as I don't know where to begin fixing it. I will attach the project file, and post this in the general discussions area, due to the urgency of this problem and the fact that I don't even know that I'm posting in the correct area.

New encounter!!

Now when I load the program, the viti instruments don't play at all!! I am stressing this very hard, and rightfully so. I don't have the time to start again! I will do ANYTHING to have this resloved
Tsjanith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
Tsjanith

I can't send the file because it is too big...

However, THIS keeps happening to my vsti UIs every time it crashes. Picture attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtht2.jpg (38.3 KB, 184 views)
Tsjanith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
Fex

This is much more likely due to a buggy plugin than a REAPER bug. This discussion is perhaps best restricted to your other thread.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
Mr. Data

I'd say that it's best to use other plugins. It might be, as Fex wrote, due to buggy plugins, but every DAW has plugin brands it doesn't 'like', so it might just be that the plugs you use don't work well with Reaper.

-Data
Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
serr

You're almost certainly having issues with one of those 3rd party plugins.

Now, that information isn't going to magically fix anything by itself. And since you have a deadline, doing R&D to track down the exact trouble probably doesn't sound very appealing right now!

For now...
Go back to whatever version of your project that was working.

Open newer versions to copy any new things you did and paste them into the 'working version'.

Got a track with a suspect plugin? Freeze/render it as soon as you have it dialed up and sounding right!

Add bits from suspect project sessions one at a time. Freeze the track right away. Save a new version of the project after every successful added bit.

You'll have a bit of annoying back and forth picking out pieces of your work from buggy project sessions and spend some moments freezing tracks but you will be moving forward building/mixing your project.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote