Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Video Editing/Mangling

Old 06-27-2020, 05:20 AM   #1
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

Default Problem: Oscilloscope bleeding effect over tracks

Hi,

I have a weird problem using the decorative oscilloscope effect in the video processor. My goal was to create a frequency separated oscilloscope with different colors (effects) for each frequency spectrum. The basses were supposed to be orange in the middle, mids should show up around as a light blue corona and the high frequencies had to be a horizontal line.

If I create this scenario everything works pretty well as long as I only let one oscilloscope with a dependent frequency render. Then it reacts perfectly to the beat (or frequency). If I turn on a second osc it reacts wildly even if nothing comes into the audio channel. The track is quiet. But the oscilloscope reacts for some reason.

And it really gets weirder. If I then render the whole project with all frequencies, they don't even react a little bit to its incoming sound but only randomly. It seems there is a cross bleeding thru the channels or tracks. Maybe the sample peeker? I will upload the example project shortly and give you some video examples.

So here is the link: https://mega.nz/folder/u7BRTaBL#1Mf-ksrbB9gbNr8lwbZY9Q

You will find the project file and some video examples. Notice how the single instrument oscilloscopes react perfectly while combinations just flash randomly. Is the sample peeker not supposed to only offer audio to one video track? And if yes, where does the bass oscilloscope get its information if no audio data gets into this channel? Does it get upwards in the stack like the video? I have no idea. Would be interesting.

Many thanks.

In the end is should look something like that. But every time I want to give something to the community I get stuck thru something in Reaper. Its like a curse.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:22 AM   #2
lachinhan
Human being with feelings

Super cool!!!!
lachinhan is online now   Reply With Quote