Old 08-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
WyattRice
Human being with feelings

Default v5.95pre7 - August 18 2018

v5.95pre7 - August 18 2018
  • + ARA: fix rendering short fades with large buffer sizes
  • + ARA: load copied tracks even if the ARA plugin context is no longer available [p=2022675]
  • + Linux: use fontconfig for font mappings (if you have a customized libSwell.colortheme, might need to change your default font)
  • + ReaNINJAM: display border between vol/pan faders [t=167525]
  • + linux: file browser can show dot files/directories (toggle via context menu or Ctrl+H
Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
David Else

Quote:
+ linux: file browser can show dot files/directories
great, this is a big one even though it may not seem it.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
deeb

Please consider last searches (history) in média browser
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:00 AM   #4
akademie

Quote:
[*]+ ReaNINJAM: display border between vol/pan faders [t=167525]
:-) Great, thanks Justin.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #5
Joystick

Weird behavior after installing this update.

It couldn't find the Flux SampleGrabber which is used to stream data to the Flux Analyzer.

After installing the plugin again and forcing a clean cache and re-scan on the VST folders, still nothing.

Then I deleted the "reaper-vstplugins64.ini" and "reaper-vstshells64.ini" files and re-opened Reaper.

That time it scanned everything and the plugin was showing within Reaper, but couldn't open it. Actually the plugin shell opened but Reaper had an error inside stating that the plugin could not be opened.

I thought of installing the stable version, but then the installer gave me an error of the not being able to open (or I guess to install on top of) the Reaper.exe file. So, I inspected the Reaper.exe with some utilities and it showed that the executable was locked (still used) from two instances of "reaper.exe". I was able to kill them form the task manager.

After killing them and opening Reaper again (checked both stable and pre-release), everything worked.

Now it doesn't do that anymore, but I tried and installed the stable version and then the pre-release and everything happened from the start. Same errors, same behavior. So it might get triggered after installing or during the install.

I also did some extra tests on the stable release and this pre-release and I also found out that iZotope Neutron Gate also outputs an error of the plugin during the plugin scan process and all VST plugins of FLStudio cannot find a "dll" file.

The Blue Ripple Sound plugins was never found.

I also have the feeling some more plugins was not found, but the list is extensive and could not do an A/B test on all folders one-by-one, as I'm on production schedule right now.

All those are working correctly with no issues while scanning my VST folders on the sable release. Errors happen on this pre-release.

By the way, Arturia's Piano-V produces an error both on the stable and pre-release, but I didn't checked if this is theirs or Reaper's fault.

If it is something worth considering, let me know if I could try any other scenario to help.

Tested on an Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz on Win 10 Pro 64bit with 64bit Reaper. Nothing funny has ever happened for years.

Last edited by Joystick; 08-19-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:01 AM   #6
Dimson

This bug came back
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...71&postcount=5

Although there may be another problem...

Last edited by Dimson; 08-20-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Dimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:14 AM   #7
tosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimson View Post
I confirm, to version 5.79 everything was normal, and this has again appeared now bug
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:46 AM   #8
mrorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimson View Post
I also confirm this bug, which appeared since version 5.79

PS: I have this bug even without changing a tempo!

Last edited by mrorange; 08-20-2018 at 09:00 AM.
mrorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #9
papahuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
Weird behavior after installing this update.

It couldn't find the Flux SampleGrabber which is used to stream data to the Flux Analyzer.

After installing the plugin again and forcing a clean cache and re-scan on the VST folders, still nothing.

Then I deleted the "reaper-vstplugins64.ini" and "reaper-vstshells64.ini" files and re-opened Reaper.

That time it scanned everything and the plugin was showing within Reaper, but couldn't open it. Actually the plugin shell opened but Reaper had an error inside stating that the plugin could not be opened.

I thought of installing the stable version, but then the installer gave me an error of the not being able to open (or I guess to install on top of) the Reaper.exe file. So, I inspected the Reaper.exe with some utilities and it showed that the executable was locked (still used) from two instances of "reaper.exe". I was able to kill them form the task manager.

After killing them and opening Reaper again (checked both stable and pre-release), everything worked.

Now it doesn't do that anymore, but I tried and installed the stable version and then the pre-release and everything happened from the start. Same errors, same behavior. So it might get triggered after installing or during the install.

I also did some extra tests on the stable release and this pre-release and I also found out that iZotope Neutron Gate also outputs an error of the plugin during the plugin scan process and all VST plugins of FLStudio cannot find a "dll" file.

The Blue Ripple Sound plugins was never found.

I also have the feeling some more plugins was not found, but the list is extensive and could not do an A/B test on all folders one-by-one, as I'm on production schedule right now.

All those are working correctly with no issues while scanning my VST folders on the sable release. Errors happen on this pre-release.

By the way, Arturia's Piano-V produces an error both on the stable and pre-release, but I didn't checked if this is theirs or Reaper's fault.

If it is something worth considering, let me know if I could try any other scenario to help.

Tested on an Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz on Win 10 Pro 64bit with 64bit Reaper. Nothing funny has ever happened for years.
Are you still able to use that Sample Grabber VST inside latest Reaper? It's crashing for me when I try to insert it into FX chain. Works in other DAWs tho.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:43 PM   #10
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by papahuge View Post
Are you still able to use that Sample Grabber VST inside latest Reaper? It's crashing for me when I try to insert it into FX chain. Works in other DAWs tho.
Try to report a bug.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:54 AM   #11
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by papahuge View Post
Yes it works, it was fixed on the version that was released right after my post and was also mentioned in the changelog, so I've might found something back then.

Have you tried installing the latest Flux updates? They have released a big core update for some days now.
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote