Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 11-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
mio*star
Human being with feelings

Default JS : an object oriented virtual console

I do not know much about the JS thing.
These plug-ins just amaze me, they are so simple and good sounding !

So, I don't know if it would be possible to create a kind of console plug-in with a range of objects like faders, knobs, sliders, on/off buttons, tick boxes, etc. and then allow each of these object to control a midi parameter (this note or CC, on that channel at that velocity, etc.).

We could then pilot whatever we want with this console : an hardware synth, a virtual instrument, etc. or even many of them.

Then you would define which CC controls which object and there you go : you have a multi-purpose console to pilot pretty much everything you need to.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Youn
Human being with feelings

lol, I've been trying to do this for a while now, but get side-tracked and/or bored. I think it would be pretty cool, and not impossible technically.

My biggest problem was I wanted the ability to also dress up the interface with nice user definable labels and other graphics that would help (like tick marks with values) and it tends to get stupidly fudgey trying to do all those little UI controls in JS while making it easy to use for the user.

I may take another stab at it if nobody else is interested in trying, but I must say it seems somewhat pointless when there are already dead-simple "basic" JS CC plugins out there now that get the job done.

Anyways, just my thoughts on it
Youn is offline   Reply With Quote