Old 02-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #2561
heda
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Hi Heda!

Bug here or intended? When I select SOLO for one TAG applied to multiple tracks, the tracks that are muted don't get soloed.

I don't want this behavior as I often use solo on mute tracks (that defeats mute) to temprary listen to muted tracks

can this behavior be changed?

g
mmmm I think you are right and the default should be to solo all tracks even if they are muted. but also there could be an option to maintain muted tracks muted I guess.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:27 AM   #2562
Gianfini

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
mmmm I think you are right and the default should be to solo all tracks even if they are muted. but also there could be an option to maintain muted tracks muted I guess.
Yes this could be a good solution.

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:07 AM   #2563
jguitarguy27

Hello, is there any way to resize the UI for Track inspector? I'm on a 4k monitor, so it's very tiny.

Thanks!
jguitarguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:49 PM   #2564
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguitarguy27 View Post
Hello, is there any way to resize the UI for Track inspector? I'm on a 4k monitor, so it's very tiny.

Thanks!
Try Settings / Load theme from default themes...
and select the "Default_6.0 - 200.ti_theme" file
this will load a theme that has 200% icons and bigger fonts sizes
Old 02-26-2021, 07:44 AM   #2565
jguitarguy27

Quote:
Try Settings / Load theme from default themes...
and select the "Default_6.0 - 200.ti_theme" file
this will load a theme that has 200% icons and bigger fonts sizes
Thanks!
Old 02-26-2021, 08:19 AM   #2566
jguitarguy27

A couple of questions...
1) I'm assuming that a good way to use Track Inspector is to set it as a global startup action?

2) Why is it that, after I load it and add tracks, there is no track 1? I can delete all tracks and add one, and the first track is still track 2.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #2567
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguitarguy27 View Post
A couple of questions...
1) I'm assuming that a good way to use Track Inspector is to set it as a global startup action?

2) Why is it that, after I load it and add tracks, there is no track 1? I can delete all tracks and add one, and the first track is still track 2.
1) Yes. Use the _startup.lua method instead of SWS global action. https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/supportfaq#autostart

2) If you don't need the tracks to be specific numbers the best is not to look at the number. If you need them in specific number, chances are that you are using a project template so you wouldn't have the issue. Restarting TI would fix the numbers too. or Use simple meters option.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #2568
Arthur McArthur

Hi heda!

I have a request for V2. Would it be possible to support all of the drag and drop functionality of the Reaper mixer? Specifically,

Have an amount of predefined space to be able to drag FX onto from FX browser or from TCP FX
Control drag to copy FX
If FX dragged on top of an existing FX, insert after it

https://imgur.com/a/XNMN8QB
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:42 AM   #2569
heda

Not possible for now. Or at least I don't know how to do it. drag and drop support from scripts is limited. That's something that could be improved in the REAPER API
Old 03-01-2021, 06:09 AM   #2570
Arthur McArthur

Would anything in the js_API be useful for this? Or could you make a feature request?
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #2571
tweed

Have just started using track inspector. the 2017 version though plan to upgrade ASAP.

1)
[USING my Controller - track changing doesn't update Track inspector until i mouse click on track]

when i change tracks with my presonus faderport (1st faderport version using brilliant driver-type bits)

While spinning the faderport knob and as REAPER shows I'm going to another track I have to click on the track in either mixer of track page to get "track inspector" to update.

2)

[getting Heda Track inspector to stay loaded - this i can figure out - no biggie]

Sorry for ignorance, can anyone tell me the way to get Heda track inspector to stay loaded. Currently I have to load every time.

-------

NOTE:
I am using the 2017 regular version NOT VIP yet I am FOR SURE getting the VIP version ASAP.

-------

AND WOW:

SUPER impressed with dev's update time and support.

-------
Also, maybe my wonderings are all because of the fact that the regular version is older, 2017.

best wishes to all
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:54 AM   #2572
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweed View Post
Have just started using track inspector. the 2017 version though plan to upgrade ASAP.

1)
[USING my Controller - track changing doesn't update Track inspector until i mouse click on track]

when i change tracks with my presonus faderport (1st faderport version using brilliant driver-type bits)

While spinning the faderport knob and as REAPER shows I'm going to another track I have to click on the track in either mixer of track page to get "track inspector" to update.

2)

[getting Heda Track inspector to stay loaded - this i can figure out - no biggie]

Sorry for ignorance, can anyone tell me the way to get Heda track inspector to stay loaded. Currently I have to load every time.

-------

NOTE:
I am using the 2017 regular version NOT VIP yet I am FOR SURE getting the VIP version ASAP.

-------

AND WOW:

SUPER impressed with dev's update time and support.

-------
Also, maybe my wonderings are all because of the fact that the regular version is older, 2017.

best wishes to all
I have the VIP version and I have the cursor up and down arrows set to scroll through the tracks. I have the same issue as you that inspector doesn't update until I click on a track. For me however, I have to select another track and go back to the highlighted ( previous selected) track in order to get it to change.

I'm sure Heda will be along with an answer soon.

BTW I totally recommend the VIP version!!!!!! and check out Heda's other amazing scripts too......track templates has changed my life ����������

Last edited by mozart999uk; 03-02-2021 at 02:00 AM. Reason: thought of something else
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:09 AM   #2573
heda

I just explained how to autoload TI some post above:
1) Yes. Use the _startup.lua method instead of SWS global action. https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/supportfaq#autostart

for the track change detection... What is the action that is shown in the undo history window after you change the track? from the controller or from any other action.
There is also an action included that can be used to refresh the track manually. Useful to put in a custom action that you may use to change track.
Script: HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Refresh.lua

Thank you mozart999uk
Old 03-11-2021, 01:15 AM   #2574
kod

Hey Heda, great script! I just downloaded the VIP version and something is not working right. I couldn't find any FX chain for the Monitor FX, and if I put the JS:Track Inspector and the dpMeter (tried all version from 2 to 5) the Inspector still gives me an error message on startup.(Error. dpMeter plugin not found in Monitor FX Chain etc...)

Any idea on how to fix this?
kod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:59 AM   #2575
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Hey Heda, great script! I just downloaded the VIP version and something is not working right. I couldn't find any FX chain for the Monitor FX, and if I put the JS:Track Inspector and the dpMeter (tried all version from 2 to 5) the Inspector still gives me an error message on startup.(Error. dpMeter plugin not found in Monitor FX Chain etc...)

Any idea on how to fix this?
Thank you
the FX Chain to load in the monitor FX chain is in the script folder: Scripts\HeDaScripts\Track Inspector VIP\FX Chains\Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter4.RfxChain
you only have to do it once because the monitor FX Chain is always the same for all projects. TI will bypass them when not needed.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:16 AM   #2576
kod

Quote:
Thank you
the FX Chain to load in the monitor FX chain is in the script folder: Scripts\HeDaScripts\Track Inspector VIP\FX Chains\Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter4.RfxChain
you only have to do it once because the monitor FX Chain is always the same for all projects. TI will bypass them when not needed.
Cool, it works now! I was looking in Reaper's default FX Chain folder. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #2577
kod

Hello again! I have a new problem now: I was experimenting with Versions, but when I attempt to group tracks I get the following error:

__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua:16129: attempt to call a nil value (global 'CheckAndMakeItemsVersions')

After that, the script crashes.

Is it a known issue?
Old 03-15-2021, 04:25 AM   #2578
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Hello again! I have a new problem now: I was experimenting with Versions, but when I attempt to group tracks I get the following error:

__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua:16129: attempt to call a nil value (global 'CheckAndMakeItemsVersions')

After that, the script crashes.

Is it a known issue?
thanks.. yes I think that has already been fixed in TI 2 version...
if you want to beta test you can access to it in the discord chat (only for VIP members)
Old 03-15-2021, 07:42 PM   #2579
grandfougue

hello impossible to finde rfx chaine for configure my monitoring with track inspector when i update Heda mamager no change for my problem Can you help me please ?
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:19 PM   #2580
x-tropic

Hi! Could you separate the background color and the text color in this area? (see picture in attach)

I would also like to be able to turn off the top line of the track color, leaving only a small square at the beginning.

Is it possible to make simple meters for regular tracks? When selected master track is full range meters (with LUFS etc...)?

And add option for hide Audio unit prefix.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot.png (9.4 KB, 120 views)
x-tropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:55 AM   #2581
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
hello impossible to finde rfx chaine for configure my monitoring with track inspector when i update Heda mamager no change for my problem Can you help me please ?
can you find this folder in the REAPER resources path?
"Scripts\HeDaScripts\Track Inspector VIP\FX Chains"
it should be there
Old 03-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #2582
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-tropic View Post
Hi! Could you separate the background color and the text color in this area? (see picture in attach)

I would also like to be able to turn off the top line of the track color, leaving only a small square at the beginning.

Is it possible to make simple meters for regular tracks? When selected master track is full range meters (with LUFS etc...)?

And add option for hide Audio unit prefix.

Thanks.
thank you.. next version TI2 has more options for theming as you say. a beta is available for VIP members in the discord chat

the idea of simple meters for regular tracks is nice. I guess it could be possible to add that option. what I usually do is to run the separated Master instance for the master track and then the regular one can be configured as simple meters.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:38 AM   #2583
grandfougue

Quote:
can you find this folder in the REAPER resources path?
"Scripts\HeDaScripts\Track Inspector VIP\FX Chains"
it should be there
Cool thank it work
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #2584
Brookwood

Default Broken send configuration in VIP Track Inspector.

Hi- hope this is the correct forum for a bug report (and apologies if this has been addressed earlier in the thread).
I have been running an older version of TI VIP that had this send problem. I updated to latest (Reaper and TI VIP) but the problem remains, which is that sends don't work when running your script:
When I try to drag a send to a receive channel it throws this exception:

__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua:27259: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (local 'x0').

If I restart the script it merely keeps quitting until I delete the send or the channel.
Oddly, the non-VIP version works just fine.
Also, I have TIVIP & TI Master VIP as startup items and since I updated to the latest Reaper, when it start I get a message that DP4 is not on the monitor chain, etc, but it is set up correctly and it works. Not that big of a deal but it is annoying to have to click the cancel button for that message every time I start Reaper.
Any ideas?
Brookwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:18 AM   #2585
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookwood View Post
Hi- hope this is the correct forum for a bug report (and apologies if this has been addressed earlier in the thread).
I have been running an older version of TI VIP that had this send problem. I updated to latest (Reaper and TI VIP) but the problem remains, which is that sends don't work when running your script:
When I try to drag a send to a receive channel it throws this exception:

__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua:27259: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (local 'x0').

If I restart the script it merely keeps quitting until I delete the send or the channel.
Oddly, the non-VIP version works just fine.
Also, I have TIVIP & TI Master VIP as startup items and since I updated to the latest Reaper, when it start I get a message that DP4 is not on the monitor chain, etc, but it is set up correctly and it works. Not that big of a deal but it is annoying to have to click the cancel button for that message every time I start Reaper.
Any ideas?
thank you for the error report... will fix

for auto starting scripts, are you using SWS? try the standard method instead, as described here
https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/supportfaq#autostart
Old 03-24-2021, 11:57 AM   #2586
Brookwood

Default Re: Track Inspector VIP sends issue

Thanks for looking into the sends issue, Hector.
Quote:
for auto starting scripts, are you using SWS? try the standard method instead, as described here
https://reaper.hector-corcin.com/supportfaq#autostart
Thanks-- I switched to the __startup.lua method which works fine. I found that the monitor-chain error message was because I had changed the Init setting on the DP4 Master Monitor meter to a LUFS preset and not changed it back.
Cheers,
B

Last edited by Brookwood; 03-24-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:20 PM   #2587
permeke

weird. I found my paypal transaction ID but not the installation instructions.
I must admit , it's been a while since I wanted to use Track inspector.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:26 PM   #2588
Mahn

Default A Couple Of Bugs

Got this VIP Inspector a few days ago and am loving it - great work, thanks.
A couple of things came up as possible bugs

1: When I click on the "Show FX Destination" button on the sends, it opens the fx chain for the track of that send rather than the destination FX (if I am understanding correctly what that is supposed to do)
2: I am not sure this is to do with the Inspector but it has only started happening since I installed it - I think it is. When I change the automation mode of a track to latch, latch preview, touch or write, there automatically appears automation lanes for the send volumes of the track.

I tried contacting you on your website about this but when I clicked on the contact button i got an "access denied" page....
Mahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #2589
Mahn

Default UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahn View Post
Got this VIP Inspector a few days ago and am loving it - great work, thanks.
A couple of things came up as possible bugs

1: When I click on the "Show FX Destination" button on the sends, it opens the fx chain for the track of that send rather than the destination FX (if I am understanding correctly what that is supposed to do)
2: I am not sure this is to do with the Inspector but it has only started happening since I installed it - I think it is. When I change the automation mode of a track to latch, latch preview, touch or write, there automatically appears automation lanes for the send volumes of the track. Inspector but may just be a general Reaper bug - sorry about that

I tried contacting you on your website about this but when I clicked on the contact button i got an "access denied" page....
\\\UPDATE///: Sorry, the second point (to do with latch mode) is nothing to do with the track inspector - sorry about that.
Mahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:33 PM   #2590
Brookwood

Default Same error code, new situation

Hi again-

Quote:
...When I try to drag a send to a receive channel it throws this exception:

This is still an issue and I found another instance although with a third-party plug:
when dragging an audio file into a pad on the Sitala drum machine I get
__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua:27259: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (local 'x0')

I'm surprised no one else has reported anything like this that I'm aware of-- I'm was just using a blank project with nothing else running besides the Heda script on the latest version of Reaper with the stock theme.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:44 PM   #2591
Brookwood

Default getting weird-the patient is dying

Quote:
...Oddly, the non-VIP version works just fine.
A lot of breakage:
I was in the process of swapping out my TIVIP for the plain one until my error issue could be resolved but now even that remains blank and just says "select track". After creating an additional track it throws this error:

?:-1: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value

Just updated to 6.28 and I get this error on startup (VIP set to run on start):

__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua:29794: attempt to compare number with string

I have un/ reinstalled and it happens on a blank/ new session. Not too many variables to eliminate on my end, unfortunately. I'd appreciate a look-see or any suggestions to track this down.
Edited to say that I tried to test it on a portable install but could not get it going.

Last edited by Brookwood; 05-01-2021 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:09 AM   #2592
todoublez

Hi Heda,
is it possible to have the custom button panel shows dynamicly (Based on selected context )?
and we can also pin some favorite actions that always shows on the panel.
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:58 PM   #2593
Rodulf

Is there a way to get the parameter names to show? They are hidden behind the slider.
Rodulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #2594
Brookwood

Quote:
...I tried to test it on a portable install but could not get it going.
I got a new computer and was able to get it working on a portable install so I'm wondering what might be interfering with this script running on a blank session with no other scripts running
Old 06-21-2021, 11:25 PM   #2595
todoublez

Hi Heda,

is it possible to add an option for FX panel :
Hide specific plugin by name ?

so I can hide my dummy plugins
or it will look like this :

Old 07-06-2021, 06:26 PM   #2596
Brookwood

Default LUFS

Can anyone tell me why I'm not getting a LUFS reading on the right side if the meter any more? I have the fx chain correct AFAIK and the left ide meter is working. It seems that meter only needs the JS track inspector plug so I believe it's the TBPro dpmeter4 that is the culprit...
Old 07-07-2021, 02:47 AM   #2597
mozart999uk

HEDA is very quiet at the mo. Has anyone heard from him?
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:25 AM   #2598
todoublez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
HEDA is very quiet at the mo. Has anyone heard from him?
yeah I was aware of this too, hope he's okay...
Old 07-07-2021, 11:00 AM   #2599
Brookwood

Quote:
Can anyone tell me why I'm not getting a LUFS reading on the right side if the meter any more? I have the fx chain correct AFAIK and the left ide meter is working. It seems that meter only needs the JS track inspector plug so I believe it's the TBPro dpmeter4 that is the culprit...
So I opened an old project and my channel track inspector is magically working again but the exact same configuration on the master monitor insert does not show LUFS...
Old 07-07-2021, 11:14 AM   #2600
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
yeah I was aware of this too, hope he's okay...
I think he is okay, he pops in from time to time on his Discord channel.
Maybe he lost interest. No one knows...