Old 09-18-2017, 05:39 AM   #1
ReaperUser994
Human being with feelings

Default Creating a Send and Return from Reason

Hi guys, hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've got reason 5 re-wired into reaper and I want to create a send from a vocal track in Reaper to reason through the reason host track and into an fx processor I have attached in Reason. Then, back into Reaper to record the Fx'd vocals on a new track. I'm pretty good with sends from Reason I just can't figure out how to do the reverse. Any help?
ReaperUser994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Hi guys, hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've got reason 5 re-wired into reaper and I want to create a send from a vocal track in Reaper to reason through the reason host track and into an fx processor I have attached in Reason. Then, back into Reaper to record the Fx'd vocals on a new track. I'm pretty good with sends from Reason I just can't figure out how to do the reverse. Any help?
Ok- so there's a few ways to acheive this type of thing but it's down to how you operate.
The problem with a rewire like this is audio is only flowing 1 way- you want 2 way right?
So,options -- rewired your basically looking more at bouncing audio and rea_importing between programmes.
There are couple of other ways to work around-- 1 is simple midi triggerings and using rearoute between the 2 programmes.This can be midi clock synced to a degree.-,but over time,drift there..
The other is again midi sync,but this time you use 2 seperate drivers for your audio. 1 driver say wave in reaper,use asio for reason or vise versa.
Welcomed.
GLHF.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

I don't know ReWire too well, but I've only had crappy experiences with it. If you only want to send audio, ReaRoute is by far the simplest solution.

It's a dummy ASIO driver that you can use in Reason which will give you many virtual audio channels that also appear in Reaper. Just open Reaper first and you will see ReaRoute as an ASIO device in Reason. If you don't, run the Reaper installer again and look for the ReaRoute option.