Old 04-26-2023, 01:01 PM   #1
zamboknee
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering 'kills' my audio

I rendered a time selection of about 4 seconds of audio and as soon as it starts to render, my audio goes out.
In that, I can't hear it.
The VU meter in Reaper is moving fine, the VU on my interface (Apollo Twin) is moving fine.
Just literally can't hear anything.
Same applies for any audio playback on anything on my system (Mac Mini, M1) such as Youtube, soundcloud, etc. NO AUDIO.
I plugged headphones into the headphone jack of Apollo: nothing.
Turned monitor speakers up on my monitor controller (presonus mont. controller 2): nothing.

switched my interface to the Presonus Revelator io24 and tried to recreate the problem but it doesn't happen with that interface.

I noticed in Console that the clock will start flashing red, sample rate will say 48khz after I render. I'll switch the rate back to 44k and then re-set the audio interface to the Apollo but it will go BACK to the 48k and I'll lose my audio again.

I selected the checkbox in 'Project Settings' for sample rate: 44k and that seems to have fixed it.

How do I keep this clock issue from happening again?
zamboknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:43 AM   #2
zamboknee

So this happened again but instead of when I went to render it happened (audio goes out) when I updated my copy of Rogue Amoeba's Looper.
It's as if the Apollo (Console) doesn't want to be the slave clock to the Focusrite OctoPre which is my clock master.
zamboknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:08 AM   #3
ScuzzyEye

While it's possible for an interface connected to a computer to receive a clock from an external source, you often have to tell it what clock rate to expect. That gets it into the right operating mode, and then the received clock gives it something to actually lock to.

What rate have you set the OctoPre to? If you're working at 44.1k, set the interface to that rate in the project, and also set the OctoPre to 44.1k.
ScuzzyEye is offline   Reply With Quote