Old 06-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
Cirenah
Human being with feelings

Default Initializing Main Window Freeze: VST related

Hi, reaper is currently frozen for me and I'm 90% sure this is because it's trying to load up a vst, alter ego, while loading up my most recent project. I'm wondering how I should go about fixing this issue, or at the very least, how can I open reaper without opening my last project, so that I won't have to deal with alter ego loading in?
Cirenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
solger

If you're on Windows, try to launch Reaper with the 'create new project' shortcut in the Windows Start menu:

You can change the startup behavior inside Reaper via Preferences > General > Startup settings: Open project(s) on startup: (set it to [New Project] or [Prompt]).
solger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Cirenah

Hi, I couldnt access that window, but I did realize I could open up a different recent project so I did that. Thank you very much anyhow
Cirenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
solger

Just as an additional side note:

There's also an Open with FX offline (recovery mode) checkbox available at the bottom of the File > Open project window which can be useful in certain cases.
solger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
DarkVince

Hi, I'm experiencing the same kind of problem with the new V6.0x version. Let me explain a bit more...
I've been using version 5.X 32 bit on Windows 10 till now and everything was working fine. I created a template song with all routings and plug-ins and it has always been ok.
With the new version 6.0 or 6.02, when I want to close a project, the "Initializing..." Windows freezes immediately and Reaper no longer responds...I have to kill it from the task manager which is not very friendly.
I think it may come from a VST plug-in load/unload and/or time response because if I created a new project from sratch with only Kontakt for example, it works.
Before I'm going into a long process trying to recreate my template track by track until the problem occurs again, I was wondering if any of you (the super users here) have an idea or have experienced this since version 6?
Thanks!
DarkVince is offline   Reply With Quote