Old 11-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
bmanic
Human being with feelings

Default Hiding insert FX in mixer?

Is there a way to completely hide the insert FX inserted in the mixer/TCP? What I'm trying to create is a mixer with custom FX controls from a select few VST plugins but that list of plugins gets quite long and I'd like to hide the used up insert slots, only showing empty insert slots ready to receive new added plugins.

This is what I have now:

I'd like to hide Pre-TRIM, HP Filter and Compressor plugin inserts so that they are not showing, giving me back valuable space where I could further insert plugins.

I can't get rid of Post-TRIM of course as I'd like to have that available at all times (so that I can put plugins before it). Heck this is a feature I dearly hope Reaper gets natively.. proper mixing channel PRE and POST trim gains. In this world of analogue modeled plugins these are vital.

Anyhow, so, can I hide the insert slots somehow without losing my custom controls?
bmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:05 AM   #2
DarkStar

You can hide them all but not just the used ones (you can still drop a new FX onto the end of the chain).

Hover just above the parameter knobs then click and drag upwards. Hold Ctrl too to change all the tracks (annoyingly, that changes the Master too).

Old 11-17-2017, 10:38 PM   #3
bmanic

Yeah, I didn't mean that kind of hiding. I do of course know about sliding the different parts of the mixer.

I'd like to hide specific insert slots in the mixer. Looks like it isn't available.
bmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:12 AM   #4
DarkStar

You are correct.