Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2021, 10:21 AM   #15321
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

CSI v1_1.zip

This just synchs the 1.1 version to the current Exp state.
Just an FYI - the mcu.mst/.zon still call the ChannelLeft and ChannelRight SubZone1/SubZone2. It looks like the WIP versions didn't get added.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:31 AM   #15322
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Just an FYI - the mcu.mst/.zon still call the ChannelLeft and ChannelRight SubZone1/SubZone2. It looks like the WIP versions didn't get added.
Are you sure ?

Just checked here and they seem OK.

Maybe there is more than one location that needs changing.

What line numbers ?
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #15323
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,807
Default

Uploaded M1 Mac build to the stash -- thanks to @jmu0 for the build.

reaper_csurf_integratorM1.dylib.zip
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:48 AM   #15324
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Are you sure ?

Just checked here and they seem OK.

Maybe there is more than one location that needs changing.

What line numbers ?
This was literally my first time downloading CSI on my Mac so it's definitely in the latest set of files. Look at the mcu.mst lines 47-53:

Code:
Widget SubZone1
	Press 90 30 7f 90 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SubZone2
	Press 90 31 7f 90 31 00
WidgetEnd
Those should be ChannelLeft and ChannelRight.

I think what happened was that MixMonkey implemented a workaround for his SubZones crashes on the Mac. But I think since most users won't be utilizing SubZones on Mac, and the .mst is kind of the holy grail for the MCU setup, it makes sense to revert back to the pre-subzone-crash workaround version.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #15325
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
This was literally my first time downloading CSI on my Mac so it's definitely in the latest set of files. Look at the mcu.mst lines 47-53:

Code:
Widget SubZone1
	Press 90 30 7f 90 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SubZone2
	Press 90 31 7f 90 31 00
WidgetEnd
Those should be ChannelLeft and ChannelRight.

I think what happened was that MixMonkey implemented a workaround for his SubZones crashes on the Mac. But I think since most users won't be utilizing SubZones on Mac, and the .mst is kind of the holy grail for the MCU setup, it makes sense to revert back to the pre-subzone-crash workaround version.
Yep, that was me Best to get rid and go back to ChannelLeft and ChannelRight. It was only a partial solution to the SubZone crash issue on Mac anyway. I think you could get to three SubZones but after that the crash returned. I just bailed and went to Windows

It might be an idea to remove the workaround so that the Win and and Mac code is the same again. Perhaps a better solution will present itself in the future.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #15326
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
This was literally my first time downloading CSI on my Mac so it's definitely in the latest set of files. Look at the mcu.mst lines 47-53:

Code:
Widget SubZone1
	Press 90 30 7f 90 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget SubZone2
	Press 90 31 7f 90 31 00
WidgetEnd
Those should be ChannelLeft and ChannelRight.

I think what happened was that MixMonkey implemented a workaround for his SubZones crashes on the Mac. But I think since most users won't be utilizing SubZones on Mac, and the .mst is kind of the holy grail for the MCU setup, it makes sense to revert back to the pre-subzone-crash workaround version.
Don't know how I screwed that up, but it should be Ok now.
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #15327
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Yep, that was me Best to get rid and go back to ChannelLeft and ChannelRight. It was only a partial solution to the SubZone crash issue on Mac anyway. I think you could get to three SubZones but after that the crash returned. I just bailed and went to Windows

It might be an idea to remove the workaround so that the Win and and Mac code is the same again. Perhaps a better solution will present itself in the future.
Yeah, I have been thinking that too.

I have a suspicion it's the compiler but my late 2012 Mini can't be updated anymore, so I can't run the latest version of Xcode to see if it's fixed.

I was hoping the October announcement would include M1X minis, but alas, I wait...
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #15328
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yeah, I have been thinking that too.

I have a suspicion it's the compiler but my late 2012 Mini can't be updated anymore, so I can't run the latest version of Xcode to see if it's fixed.
I wonder if the bug exists in that M1 build @jmu0 made? If it doesn't, perhaps he could build an X86 version using the same version of XCode?
Quote:
I was hoping the October announcement would include M1X minis, but alas, I wait...
Me too On the bright side, it'll give all the other software companies a chance to catch up.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:35 AM   #15329
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I wonder if the bug exists in that M1 build @jmu0 made? If it doesn't, perhaps he could build an X86 version using the same version of XCode?
Great idea !

@Funkybot, can you check and see if that bug exists in the M1 build ?
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #15330
Funkybot
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Great idea !

@Funkybot, can you check and see if that bug exists in the M1 build ?
Unfortunately, it crashed when going to the second SubZone. Was using Limiter6 VST from TDR.

Code:
-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               REAPER [45090]
Path:                  /Applications/REAPER-ARM.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier:            com.cockos.reaper
Version:               6.42.21 b4a2b73 (6.42.21 b4a2b73)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2021-11-24 15:12:20.0753 -0500
OS Version:            macOS 12.0.1 (21A559)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        AE5126C0-B8E3-7C22-1056-54ED0F5FB740

Sleep/Wake UUID:       89B5447F-7651-48C3-933E-BA5599BD3743

Time Awake Since Boot: 750000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       12245 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0xfc00000000004081 -> 0x0000000000004081 (possible pointer authentication failure)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0xfc00000000004081
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [45090]
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:21 PM   #15331
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Unfortunately, it crashed when going to the second SubZone. Was using Limiter6 VST from TDR.
Ok, at least we now know there isn't a super easy fix.
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:03 AM   #15332
ivanmihaljevic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New build is up.

CSI v1_1.zip

This just synchs the 1.1 version to the current Exp state.
I wasn't following the last couple Exp builds. Anything I should be aware of before updating from the previous 1.1 version?
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:46 AM   #15333
mutex
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 39
Default

Same questions here

- Is 1.1 backwards compatible?
- Is there a change log?

Thanks,
mutex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:05 AM   #15334
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutex View Post
Same questions here

- Is 1.1 backwards compatible?
- Is there a change log?

Thanks,
CSI Exp is the same code base as 1.1, so yes, they are compatible.

However 1.0 and 1.1 are not compatible if that's what you are asking.

Jump on github using the wiki link in my sig and go to the source code pages, the commit comments are the closest we have to a change log -- there is only me, documentation like that would kill forward progress

From time to time, as we move from experimental (Exp) to stable (ok somewhat stable), we will update 1.1 -- this one was primarily for VCAs.
__________________
Software -- https://stash.reaper.fm/v/42437/CSI%20v1_1.zip
Donate -- via PayPal to [waddingtongeoff@gmail.com]

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.