Old 01-06-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
75shovel
Human being with feelings

Default Takes in reaper 5

It has been a while since i have used reaper. I was just wondering if their are any changes in the way reaper does takes and comping. Is it possible to save and recall the exact state of each take in comping. If not are there any intentions to impliment it. Its the only thing that keeps me from switching to reaper. I really like being able to manipulate and set up the program to work the way i want it too.

I am so hoping that this happens soon so that i can dump logic completely. I don't mind having to split the waveform when comping and don't care if it ever gets to be exactly like quick swipe comping. I just want to be able to save a snapshot of different versions of the comp and be able to recall them in the future.

Also does anyone know how many toolbars are going to be allowed in reaper 5. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
75shovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
heda

Right click the item with takes... From the menu, select Comps and Save the comps... there you go.

Reaper 5 has more toolbars. the main ones + 16 toolbars and + 8 midi toolbars.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
75shovel

Default takes

Thanks for the reply but is there a way to save and recall where the splits were located (and how many splits there were in the comp rather than just which waveform was active?

for instance say there were only 3 splits in one version of the comp and there were 5 splits in another version of the comp. Is there a way to save and recall the number of splits and there exact location within the comp?

thanks again
75shovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75shovel View Post
Thanks for the reply but is there a way to save and recall where the splits were located (and how many splits there were in the comp rather than just which waveform was active?

for instance say there were only 3 splits in one version of the comp and there were 5 splits in another version of the comp. Is there a way to save and recall the number of splits and there exact location within the comp?

thanks again
oh I see... not that I know... you cxan manipulate the splits for sure... and remove segments etc... but recall snapshots of splits I don't think so. But you can duplicate the tracks and split it differently in the duplicated one and mute the original one and hide them if you wish. so you can have multiple copies of the tracks with different splits. Then mute/unmute the ones you want. Put them all inside a folder. A script could be created to cycle the muting of all tracks inside a folder except one. This could be as calling the next snapshot.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote