Old 04-11-2021, 10:45 PM   #1
Kevjazz
Human being with feelings

Default Metronome Count in won't stay checked

Just upgraded to 6.27 and tried to record some MIDi with a 2 bar count in. for some reason, the checkbox will only behave for one pass and then it won't stay checked. this means that subsequent takes will start right on the F****ing downbeat unless you go into Metronome and preroll settings and check the box again. this will then only last for one pass and you'll have to screw with it again. I've downgraded to 6.26 and 6.25 with old and new files and have identical results. What's going on.

I'm using Windows 1903 and I don't get it.
Kevjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:17 AM   #2
xpander

Under Options, Loop points linked to time selection OFF. Set time selection to where you want to record and loop points separately so they cover the recording area and the pre-roll. Recording mode to time selection auto-punch.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:36 AM   #3
Kevjazz

this is completely messed up, IMO. I've never had to do this before. Is this a change where you can't consistently have a 2 bar count before a take? that's insane! At the very least, couldn't you have Metronome ON and count in checked as default in a project?
Old 04-12-2021, 03:32 PM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevjazz View Post
At the very least, couldn't you have Metronome ON and count in checked as default in a project?
Make the settings as you want them and save as default project settings under the File/Project settings.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:30 PM   #5
Kevjazz

Even setting options and saving as default does nothing. After one pass, the metronome count in for recording is unchecked. Playback count in stays stable. why?