Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #12641
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunPun View Post
Is there any workaround in order to display those values for now?
Or is it something that need to be integrated in a future update?
No workaround that I know of.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:18 PM   #12642
MalcolmG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
They may very well be. It would be good to be able to call a zone from one surface and have it appear on another though. Quite often you have a 'centre' surface that has lots of assignable buttons surrounded by surfaces that are just knobs or channel controls.

Seems to be. Previously it was working where I could enter the FXMenu on one surface, then exit it using another (My "centre" surface, as in your example) but that's not working currently. Not the end of the world, I can work around it, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me having missed some change in my absence.

Might be related to this one maybe? https://forums.cockos.com/showpost.p...ostcount=11741
Old 04-01-2021, 04:22 PM   #12643
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Might be related to this one maybe? https://forums.cockos.com/showpost.p...ostcount=11741
Yep, that's about it

I kinda grateful for the extra buttons the C4 has.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:25 PM   #12644
MalcolmG

Quote:
Yep, that's about it

I'm sure it went for a good reason, so I'll workaround and move on. Thanks mate.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:41 PM   #12645
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Can you post an example? That sounds useful
Hey there sorry for the delay MM!

Had to verify it all works as intended. Happy to report that it seems to be working very well!

Here's the article from Mespotine that lays it out very well! (love this community)

https://mespotin.uber.space/Ultrasch...#Reaper-kb.ini

and here's an example of what I did to get my scripts to work with the "|" character.

Code:
SCR 4 0 LBX_FX_POS_2 "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 2.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 2.lua"
SCR 4 0 LBX_FX_POS_3 "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 3.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 3.lua"
SCR 4 0 LBX_FX_POS_4 "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 4.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 4.lua"
SCR 4 0 LBX_FX_POS_5 "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 5.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 5.lua"
Before I changed it, it would have looked something like this:
Code:
SCR 4 0 RS81c9306c9ca17151ca7168e0eeb6593287a497d9 "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 2.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 2.lua"
SCR 4 0 RS9429b22c02699bc94f5c4b3a089e44205cbb5156 "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 3.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 3.lua"
SCR 4 0 RS05327aafceeb8eca88b57851f0a2dca96ae8a466 "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 4.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 4.lua"
SCR 4 0 RS303c6fee7fd37ba01015295184f88d5b56cddefe "Custom: LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 5.lua" "LBX/FX Floating Window Positioner/LBX_FXFloatPos_Open - Slot 5.lua"
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:53 PM   #12646
cjewellstudios

A couple OSC issues:

Latching a modifier isn't working very well. You reallllly have to hit the button very fast for it to latch, and even then it seems like it activates, goes off for a split second and then finally latches.

It may not be just an OSC issue, it was also doing the same thing on my iPad when using midi through touchOSC bridge using a USB cable. But it does the same thing on iPad and a newer iPhone so I'm pretty sure it's not on my end.

Interestingly enough, I was also able to "latch" an FX Menu button. I know that doesn't necessarily do anything but it creates a visual kerfuffle (thinking to myself, what is CSI trying to tell me about that particular FX slot?)

I'm finally making progess with OSC. I have a newer iPhone and was able to access the "ethernet" settings that the older ipads don't have. So I'll be upgrading the ipad for sure. I have a great workflow in mind for using the ipad with my setup. It would be like the central hub, but the intermittent stuff with OSC/network stuff is borderline infuriating. I'm hoping that an upgraded iPad will be the answer.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:16 AM   #12647
jazznfunk

Found a solution in post 12652!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznfunk View Post
This Parameter works as expected:
Code:
UpperButton8 FXParam 4 "Mode" [ 0.0>2.0 0.0 1.0 2.0 ]
Still no luck with:
Code:
Rotary1 FXParam 0 "Peak" [ 0.0>10.0 ]
but S.LA.X's "Peak" knob steps between 0 of 10 and 1 of 10 on dial, when i put this in brackets: (like for stepped controls)
Code:
Rotary1 FXParam 0 "Peak" [ 0.0 1.0 ]
If i understand correctly, do i miss something like a multiplier/divider to match up CSI and JSFX parameter ranges?
Hi, guys! I have still no luck with getting to interpolate various JS parameter ranges to CSI/VST min 0.0 and max 1.0
Thanks, Airon, good hint, but Reaper project file with automation records doesn't show up much. I can see parameter ranges of JS plugin in it's edit window too.

Isn't strange, that S.LA.X's FXParam "Mode" with range from 0.0 to 2.0 (which is over max 1.0) works as expected, but FXParam "Peak" (ordinary rotary control) doesn't?

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ers-mftencoder
Here i found interesting sentence. It's about Custom Acceleration Curves, but: "To begin to understand this, consider that all parameters in CSI have a range from 0.0 to 1.0 (except for DB based Actions, but forget those for now)."
What is "DB based Actions" Am i digging in right path?

P.S. My controllers Behringer X-Touch and X-Touch Mini (especially for plugin control) works fine with Reaper.

Last edited by jazznfunk; 04-05-2021 at 06:08 AM. Reason: found a solution!
jazznfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:21 AM   #12648
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Hi, guys! I have still no luck with getting to interpolate various JS parameter ranges to CSI/VST min 0.0 and max 1.0
Thanks, Airon, good hint, but Reaper project file with automation records doesn't show up much. I can see parameter ranges of JS plugin in it's edit window too.

Isn't strange, that S.LA.X's FXParam "Mode" with range from 0.0 to 2.0 (which is over max 1.0) works as expected, but FXParam "Peak" (ordinary rotary control) doesn't?

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ers-mftencoder
Here i found interesting sentence. It's about Custom Acceleration Curves, but: "To begin to understand this, consider that all parameters in CSI have a range from 0.0 to 1.0 (except for DB based Actions, but forget those for now)."
What is "DB based Actions" Am i digging in right path?

P.S. My controllers Behringer X-Touch and X-Touch Mini (especially for plugin control) works fine with Reaper.

dB based actions I'm fairly sure is referring to trackvolume/send volume and those sorts of things.

What does then JS edit window say for the peak param?

I've sort of been leading the charge on JSFX here (I've full mapped Reeq and its awesome) Still no interpolation for feedback processors on ranges outside of 0 to 1. I throw a gentle nudge out there every once in a while though

Sorry I missed this comment before!
Old 04-05-2021, 04:43 AM   #12649
jazznfunk

Ou, it is dB for Decibel, now it's clear

S.LA.X "edit" page says:
Code:
slider1:0<0,10,0.1>-Peak
slider2:0<0,10,0.1>-Gain
slider3:5<0,10,0.1>-Comp/Lim
slider4:10<0,10,0.1>-Emphasis
slider5:1<0,2,1{Flat,Fat 1,Fat 2}>-Mode
Maybe there is some workarounds for diving/multiplying parameters in this "edit" window for getting parameter ranges from 0.0 to 1.0?

Yes, Reeq is great plugin!
Old 04-05-2021, 05:49 AM   #12650
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Ou, it is dB for Decibel, now it's clear

S.LA.X "edit" page says:
Code:
slider3:5<0,10,0.1>-Comp/Lim
slider4:10<0,10,0.1>-Emphasis
slider5:1<0,2,1{Flat,Fat 1,Fat 2}>-Mode
Maybe there is some workarounds for diving/multiplying parameters in this "edit" window for getting parameter ranges from 0.0 to 1.0?

Yes, Reeq is great plugin!
This is just a guess so my apologies if it's wrong. Try this:

Code:
Rotary1 FXParam 0 "Peak" [ 0.0 1.0 (0.1) ]
(0.1) is a custom delta size. The range is 10 times bigger than normal so it's possible that it is mapping correctly but you would need to sit there and turn the knob 100 times to see movement. At least I know I've come across that at times.

Also I saw you possibly question a couple times that the dial says 1 to 10 but the JS edit window showed 0 to 10. You correctly went with what the JS edit window said.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:56 AM   #12651
jazznfunk

Default CSI Apple 12-Pole Filter

Hmm, things are getting even "wierder". Because, i CAN "tame" JS plugin "Apple 12-Pole Filter". But STILL can't tame S.LA.X

part of Apple 12-Pole Filter parameters:
Code:
slider1:0<0,1,1{Stereo,Mono}>Processing
slider2:0<0,6,1{Off,12 dB/oct (2-pole),24 dB/oct (4-pole),36 dB/oct (6-pole),48 dB/oct (8-pole),60 dB/oct (10-pole),72 dB/oct (12-pole)}>HP Slope
slider3:0<0,100,0.01>HP Cutoff (Scale)
slider4:0<-16,16,0.01>HP Resonance (dB)
i can do with:
Code:
RotaryPush1	FXParam 0 "Processing" [ 0.0 1.0 ]
	Rotary1		FXParam 1 "HP Slope" [ (1) 0.0>6.0 0.0 1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 ]
	Rotary2		FXParam 2 "HP Cutoff (Scale)" [ (0.01,0.1,0.5) 0.0>100.0 ]
	RotaryPush2	FXParam 2 "HP Cutoff (Scale)" [ 0.0 ]
	Rotary3		FXParam 3 "HP Resonance (dB)" [ (0.01,0.1,0.25) -16.0>16.0 ]
	RotaryPush3	FXParam 3 "HP Resonance (dB)" [ 0.0 ]
Everything so far works as expected.
These "long" JS sliders are useless without acceleration values
Old 04-05-2021, 06:07 AM   #12652
jazznfunk

Default CSI S.LA.X

!Update!

Despite of S.LA.X's parameters from edit page
Code:
hopelessly doesn't respond with
Code:
Rotary2	FXParam 0 "Peak" [ 0.0>10.0 ]
Rotary1	FXParam 1 "Gain" [ 0.0>10.0 ]
they finally come alive when i accidentally throw some acceleration values before ranges:
Code:
Rotary2	FXParam 0 "Peak" [ (0.01,0.1,0.25) 0.0>10.0 ]
Rotary1	FXParam 1 "Gain" [ (0.01,0.1,0.25) 0.0>10.0 ]
don't know, it's a bug, rather an Easter egg
Hope my spam will help other people find out that kind of issue!
Old 04-05-2021, 06:13 AM   #12653
cjewellstudios

Glad you figured it out.

I misspoke anyhow.

Rotary2 FXParam 0 "Peak" [ 0.0>10.0 (0.1) ]

Is what I meant to say.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:14 AM   #12654
jazznfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post

Code:
Rotary1 FXParam 0 "Peak" [ 0.0 1.0 (0.1) ]
Thanks for helping me, cjewellstudios! I can confirm, that this trick doesn't work. Knob jumps only between 0 and 1 on GUI, no matter how many revolutions i turn the encoder.

With "[ 0.0>10.0 (0.1) ]" knob doesn't respond at all.

Last edited by jazznfunk; 04-05-2021 at 06:19 AM. Reason: update
Old 04-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #12655
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Thanks for helping me, cjewellstudios! I can confirm, that this trick doesn't work. Knob jumps only between 0 and 1 on GUI, no matter how many revolutions i turn the encoder.

*facepalm*
Yeah sorry I misspoke. I replied above with what I meant to say.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:31 AM   #12656
MixMonkey

Quote:
Hey there sorry for the delay MM!

Had to verify it all works as intended. Happy to report that it seems to be working very well!
Thanks for that!
Old 04-05-2021, 06:46 AM   #12657
cjewellstudios

Quote:

Man. Really messed all that up. Sorry!

Maybe the tick sizes go first like you've done here.

It's not quite acceleration values but I'm going to need someone that actually knows what they are talking about to explain

Acceleration has to do with the specific encoder and whether or not it spits out higher values on faster turns. That also has to be denoted in the .mst

What you've done is essentially the same thing but for step sizes. But yeah someone help clean this mess up here and I'll see myself out.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:33 PM   #12658
fricia

Hey peoples, I encountered the following behaviour today:

I control my fx with the focusedFXNavigator. I also use "Mixer: Show/hide children of selected tracks" to keep my mixer tidy and to show/hide tracks on my surface. If the children of a folder are hidden, all tracks following that folder can't have their effects focused/mapped. Then sometimes they do get mapped, but they don't actually control the plugin.

Is that a known bug? Has anyone encountered this before?
fricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:06 PM   #12659
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricia View Post

I control my fx with the focusedFXNavigator. I also use "Mixer: Show/hide children of selected tracks" to keep my mixer tidy and to show/hide tracks on my surface. If the children of a folder are hidden, all tracks following that folder can't have their effects focused/mapped. Then sometimes they do get mapped, but they don't actually control the plugin.

Yes, this is a bug- I see the same behaviour here with the FocusedFXNavigator.

As I'm really part of the FX menu/SelectedTrackNavigator faction, I'm not the best person to advise on workarounds- the SelectedTrackNavigator doesn't have the issue (although the LastTouchedParameter does stop working when tracks are hidden)
Old 04-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #12660
ezellohar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
yep. I think it would be fine if the instruments did not move to other faders. This way you could use blocks of 8 (or 16 if you have 16 fader controller) and e.g. the acoustic guitar would always stay on fader 3. If your working on a project for several hours, you have a better chance to know which fader to grab before reading the display. Just the way it is on a live mixing desk.
I second this, I would find myself more at ease with such a configuration.

@Geoff Waddington is it possible?
ezellohar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #12661
DeBased

Here's a fun one. While I got the network XCTRL mode of the Xtouch working a while ago, I couldn't figure out why it kept randomly dropping messages. I tried all kinds of solutions (batching output into larger UDP packets, running status, applying short pauses on the assumption its firmware was getting overloaded etc) and it often sorta worked, but a few things were always randomly broken.

Also the first channel's meter was always zero, while all the others worked. I was starting to worry that that meter was broken - but then it worked fine in XCTRL MIDI mode. Hmm ...

.. well, turns out that the XTouch meters use MIDI channel pressure messages. I just finally figured out that channel pressure uses only 2 bytes, not 3! When sending all 3, the XTouch figured the third byte (always zero) was a running status, and so always set the first meter back to zero!

And that also sorta confused my output logic, contributing to the lost messages (there were a few reasons for those, it's a quirky implementation).

I guess Reaper takes care of stripping the 3rd byte internally, that's why it works as MIDI ...
DeBased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:30 AM   #12662
tommoh

Hi all,
I've mapped out a .mst and .zon file for the Icon Qcon Lite but there's a few unneccessary lines in there. However, it's working for me as I want it to, and I don't want to risk breaking it by messing about any further. Should I upload it to the Stash anyway, messy or not? Wouldn't have thought there would be too many users of this anyway but if it helps one person it's a win in my book.
tommoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:14 AM   #12663
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezellohar View Post
I second this, I would find myself more at ease with such a configuration.

@Geoff Waddington is it possible?
You might call that pinning tracks to control resources. Didn't we already have something like that ?

You have that kind of thing on most large format consoles for film work, where many hundreds of tracks are common. They're all multi-operator consoles too though, so it's necessary for them to function efficiently.

@Geoff , how about an action to pin selected tracks to their "TrackNavigator" control sources ? Maybe even an 8-slot store/recall system.

CSI would need to generate zones itself with the added feature of being non-overridable, or modifying the list of available control resources while the pinned stuff is active. Not an easy task I imagine.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:43 AM   #12664
HOOLAhoop

I mean this may work. in time I tested using Klinke's csurf dll (the one that supported extenders it workd

Last edited by HOOLAhoop; 04-17-2021 at 11:27 AM.
HOOLAhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:05 AM   #12665
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
You might call that pinning tracks to control resources. Didn't we already have something like that ?

You have that kind of thing on most large format consoles for film work, where many hundreds of tracks are common. They're all multi-operator consoles too though, so it's necessary for them to function efficiently.

@Geoff , how about an action to pin selected tracks to their "TrackNavigator" control sources ? Maybe even an 8-slot store/recall system.

CSI would need to generate zones itself with the added feature of being non-overridable, or modifying the list of available control resources while the pinned stuff is active. Not an easy task I imagine.
The current track pinning works well. I just wish it could be saved with the project so I don't have to re-pin everything everytime the project is re-loaded.

btw, @Airon did you see the fix for the automation buttons?
Old 04-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #12666
ezellohar

Quote:
The current track pinning works well. I just wish it could be saved with the project so I don't have to re-pin everything everytime the project is re-loaded.
Can you elaborate a little more about your setup? the wiki page on track pinning is just blank, so I'm not sure how to use it
Old 04-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #12667
MixMonkey

Quote:
Can you elaborate a little more about your setup? the wiki page on track pinning is just blank, so I'm not sure how to use it
It's very simple
This is my channel zone and the TogglePin action is shown in bold.
Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper|               TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|               MCUTrackPanDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 NoAction
    Rotary|                     MCUTrackPan
    RecordArm|                  TrackRecordArm
    Solo|                       TrackSolo
    Mute|                       TrackMute
    Select|                     TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select|                TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select|                TrackToggleVCASpill
    Hold+Select|                Reaper "41665"   //Show/hide children of selected tracks
    Shift+Select|               TrackRangeSelect
    Control+Select|             TrackSelect
    Shift+Control+Select|       TogglePin
    Fader|                      TrackVolume
    VUMeter|                    TrackOutputMeter
ZoneEnd
Holding down Shift+Control and pressing Select on a channel will pin that channel to the track it currently shows. When you bank the surface that channel will always show that track. To unpin just press Shift+Control+Select again.

It's a very handy feature, I just wish the 'pinning' was saved with the project, but a tenet of the CSI design was not to write to the project file, so that's probably not going to happen.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:15 PM   #12668
Funkybot

Quote:
It's very simple
This is my channel zone and the TogglePin action is shown in bold.
Code:
Zone "Channel"
    TrackNavigator
    DisplayUpper|               TrackNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|               MCUTrackPanDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 NoAction
    Rotary|                     MCUTrackPan
    RecordArm|                  TrackRecordArm
    Solo|                       TrackSolo
    Mute|                       TrackMute
    Select|                     TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select|                TrackUniqueSelect
    Hold+Select|                TrackToggleVCASpill
    Hold+Select|                Reaper "41665"   //Show/hide children of selected tracks
    Shift+Select|               TrackRangeSelect
    Control+Select|             TrackSelect
    Shift+Control+Select|       TogglePin
    Fader|                      TrackVolume
    VUMeter|                    TrackOutputMeter
ZoneEnd
Holding down Shift+Control and pressing Select on a channel will pin that channel to the track it currently shows. When you bank the surface that channel will always show that track. To unpin just press Shift+Control+Select again.

It's a very handy feature, I just wish the 'pinning' was saved with the project, but a tenet of the CSI design was not to write to the project file, so that's probably not going to happen.

Thanks MixMonkey. You practically wrote the Wiki page I just added (in fact, I outright plagiarized you).

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...nning-Tacks%29
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:18 PM   #12669
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Thanks MixMonkey. You practically wrote the Wiki page I just added (in fact, I outright plagiarized you).

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...nning-Tacks%29
Old 04-08-2021, 06:32 AM   #12670
ezellohar

Quote:
First of all thank you for the explanation, very clear!

Still, it's not exactly what I had in mind.

Let's try an example: 20tracks project, banking in blocks of 8, because I have a surface with 8 rotaries.
Let's say bass on track 9 and guitar on track 10. When I start I'm controlling 1-8, so I move on, +8, now I'm controlling tracks 9-16. Good, bass is on rotary 1 and guitar on rotary 2. If I move again +8, I'm controlling 13-20. Then I move back. it becomes 5-12. my bass went to rotary 5 and guitar on rotary 6. Very confusing. (ok I can mentally keep track of it in a small project, but on larger ones, it becomes very difficult)

What I would like is something like the 'layers' on a digital mixer:
Trackbank in first position (bank#1) would be always 1-8
+8 would move me in 9-16 (bank#2)
+8 in 17-24 (bank#3), even on a 20track-project. rotaries 5-8 would simply do nothing.
In this scenario, every time I go back to bank#2 from bank#3, bass&guitar would always be in the same position.
Does it make sense?
Old 04-08-2021, 07:49 AM   #12671
MixMonkey

Quote:

Let's try an example: 20tracks project, banking in blocks of 8, because I have a surface with 8 rotaries.
Let's say bass on track 9 and guitar on track 10. When I start I'm controlling 1-8, so I move on, +8, now I'm controlling tracks 9-16. Good, bass is on rotary 1 and guitar on rotary 2. If I move again +8, I'm controlling 13-20. Then I move back. it becomes 5-12. my bass went to rotary 5 and guitar on rotary 6. Very confusing. (ok I can mentally keep track of it in a small project, but on larger ones, it becomes very difficult)

+8 in 17-24 (bank#3), even on a 20track-project. rotaries 5-8 would simply do nothing.
In this scenario, every time I go back to bank#2 from bank#3, bass&guitar would always be in the same position.
Does it make sense?
I see what you mean. The easiest way to achieve what you want at the present time would be to use SWS visibility snapshots. A snapshot for 1-8, another for 9-16 etc.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:54 PM   #12672
Funkybot

Quote:

Does it make sense?
This is pretty much how EuCon works in CSI. Well, sort of. In EuCon you set the maximum number of channels. So let's say you have an 8 channel fader and set it to 72 channels. Banking will be done in increments of 8 so channel 1 would be fader 1, and channel 9 on fader 9, and let's say your project only had 63 tracks, tracks 64 through 72 would be blank, faders down.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it goes. Never paid that much attention. If so, might be possible for Geoff to modify CSI to do the same thing for non-Eucon.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:51 PM   #12673
MixMonkey

Quote:
I see what you mean. The easiest way to achieve what you want at the present time would be to use SWS visibility snapshots. A snapshot for 1-8, another for 9-16 etc.
Notwithstanding the above, you could just add a few blank tracks to your session to ensure that it's a multiple of eight
Old 04-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #12674
Chuck Funkly

Default Greetings and MSTs

Hello good folk of the CSI project.
Many, many thanks to Geoff for all the work and to everyone for the support.
I came here because there was no native support for my surface, the A&H Xone:K2.
With CSI i've been able to configure a very useful interface that
greatly reduces the eye strain caused by small icons.

Ive been able to get everything running mostly smooth, the only issue i've had
is with bridged floating FX windows. Ive tried various extensions and a
script or 2 but havent figured a way to close them without using the mouse.
If anyone has any tips i'd be grateful as its the only thing disrupting the workflow.

For the benefit of anybody with the same interface (Xone:K2), Heres the MST file.

Code:
// ----------------------------------------------
// Allen and Heath Xone-K2
// by Mario D'Agostino
// 10.03.2021	Ver. 1.0

// Top Row Rotary Push Controllers and LEDs

Widget RotaryA1
	Encoder BE 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA1
	Press 9E 34 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA2
	Encoder BE 01 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA2
	Press 9E 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA3
	Encoder BE 02 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA3
	Press 9E 36 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA4
	Encoder BE 03 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA4
	Press 9E 37 7F
WidgetEnd

//Alternative Definitions

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW1
	Press BE 00 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW1
	Press BE 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA1
	Press 9E 34 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW2
	Press BE 01 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW2
	Press BE 01 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA2
	Press 9E 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW3
	Press BE 02 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW3
	Press BE 02 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA3
	Press 9E 36 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW4
	Press BE 03 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW4
	Press BE 03 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA4
	Press 9E 37 7F
WidgetEnd

// 2nd - 4th Row Rotary Faders and Buttons-LEDs

Widget RotaryB1
	Fader7Bit BE 04 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB1
	Press 9E 30 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 30 7F 8E 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryB2
	Fader7Bit BE 05 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB2
	Press 9E 31 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 31 7F 8E 31 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryB3
	Fader7Bit BE 06 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB3
	Press 9E 32 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 32 7F 8E 32 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryB4
	Fader7Bit BE 07 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB4
	Press 9E 33 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 33 7F 8E 33 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC1
	Fader7Bit BE 08 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC1
	Press 9E 2C 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2C 7F 8E 2C 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC2
	Fader7Bit BE 09 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC2
	Press 9E 2D 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2D 7F 8E 2D 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC3
	Fader7Bit BE 0A 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC3
	Press 9E 2E 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2E 7F 8E 2E 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC4
	Fader7Bit BE 0B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC4
	Press 9E 2F 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2F 7F 8E 2F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD1
	Fader7Bit BE 0C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD1
	Press 9E 28 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 28 7F 8E 28 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD2
	Fader7Bit BE 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD2
	Press 9E 29 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 29 7F 8E 29 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD3
	Fader7Bit BE 0E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD3
	Press 9E 2A 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2A 7F 8E 2A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD4
	Fader7Bit BE 0F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD4
	Press 9E 2B 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2B 7F 8E 2B 00
WidgetEnd

// Main 4 Faders

Widget MainFader1
	Fader7Bit BE 10 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MainFader2
	Fader7Bit BE 11 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MainFader3
	Fader7Bit BE 12 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MainFader4
	Fader7Bit BE 13 7F
WidgetEnd

// 16 Button-LED Matrix "A" - "P"

Widget ButtonE1
	Press 9E 24 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 24 7F 8E 24 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonE2
	Press 9E 25 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 25 7F 8E 25 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonE3
	Press 9E 26 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 26 7F 8E 26 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonE4
	Press 9E 27 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 27 7F 8E 27 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF1
	Press 9E 20 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 20 7F 8E 20 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF2
	Press 9E 21 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 21 7F 8E 21 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF3
	Press 9E 22 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 22 7F 8E 22 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF4
	Press 9E 23 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 23 7F 8E 23 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG1
	Press 9E 1C 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1C 7F 8E 1C 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG2
	Press 9E 1D 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1D 7F 8E 1D 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG3
	Press 9E 1E 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1E 7F 8E 1E 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG4
	Press 9E 1F 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1F 7F 8E 1F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
	Press 9E 18 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 18 7F 8E 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
	Press 9E 19 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 19 7F 8E 19 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pause
	Press 9E 1A 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1A 7F 8E 1A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
	Press 9E 1B 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1B 7F 8E 1B 00
WidgetEnd

// --------------------------------------------
// Bottom Row Controllers

Widget Shift
	Press 9E 0C 7F 8E 0C 00
	FB_TwoState 9E 0C 7F 8E 0C 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryI2
	Encoder BE 14 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushI2
	Press 9E 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryI3
	Encoder BE 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushI3
	Press 9E 0E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Control
	Press 9E 0F 7F 8E 0F 00
	FB_TwoState 9E 0F 7F 8E 0F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW5
	Press BE 14 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW5
	Press BE 14 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushI2
	Press 9E 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW6
	Press BE 15 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW6
	Press BE 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushI3
	Press 9E 0E 7F
WidgetEnd
Chuck Funkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:43 AM   #12675
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Funkly View Post
Hello good folk of the CSI project.
Many, many thanks to Geoff for all the work and to everyone for the support.
I came here because there was no native support for my surface, the A&H Xone:K2.
With CSI i've been able to configure a very useful interface that
greatly reduces the eye strain caused by small icons.

Ive been able to get everything running mostly smooth, the only issue i've had
is with bridged floating FX windows. Ive tried various extensions and a
script or 2 but havent figured a way to close them without using the mouse.
If anyone has any tips i'd be grateful as its the only thing disrupting the workflow.

For the benefit of anybody with the same interface (Xone:K2), Heres the MST file.

Code:
// Allen and Heath Xone-K2
// by Mario D'Agostino
// 10.03.2021	Ver. 1.0

// Top Row Rotary Push Controllers and LEDs

Widget RotaryA1
	Encoder BE 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA1
	Press 9E 34 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA2
	Encoder BE 01 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA2
	Press 9E 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA3
	Encoder BE 02 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA3
	Press 9E 36 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryA4
	Encoder BE 03 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushA4
	Press 9E 37 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW1
	Press BE 00 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW1
	Press BE 00 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA1
	Press 9E 34 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW2
	Press BE 01 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW2
	Press BE 01 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA2
	Press 9E 35 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW3
	Press BE 02 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW3
	Press BE 02 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA3
	Press 9E 36 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW4
	Press BE 03 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW4
	Press BE 03 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushA4
	Press 9E 37 7F
WidgetEnd

// 2nd - 4th Row Rotary Faders and Buttons-LEDs

Widget RotaryB1
	Fader7Bit BE 04 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB1
	Press 9E 30 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 30 7F 8E 30 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryB2
	Fader7Bit BE 05 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB2
	Press 9E 31 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 31 7F 8E 31 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryB3
	Fader7Bit BE 06 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB3
	Press 9E 32 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 32 7F 8E 32 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryB4
	Fader7Bit BE 07 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonB4
	Press 9E 33 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 33 7F 8E 33 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC1
	Fader7Bit BE 08 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC1
	Press 9E 2C 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2C 7F 8E 2C 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC2
	Fader7Bit BE 09 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC2
	Press 9E 2D 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2D 7F 8E 2D 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC3
	Fader7Bit BE 0A 7f
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC3
	Press 9E 2E 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2E 7F 8E 2E 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryC4
	Fader7Bit BE 0B 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonC4
	Press 9E 2F 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2F 7F 8E 2F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD1
	Fader7Bit BE 0C 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD1
	Press 9E 28 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 28 7F 8E 28 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD2
	Fader7Bit BE 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD2
	Press 9E 29 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 29 7F 8E 29 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD3
	Fader7Bit BE 0E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD3
	Press 9E 2A 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2A 7F 8E 2A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryD4
	Fader7Bit BE 0F 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonD4
	Press 9E 2B 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 2B 7F 8E 2B 00
WidgetEnd

// Main 4 Faders

Widget MainFader1
	Fader7Bit BE 10 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MainFader2
	Fader7Bit BE 11 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MainFader3
	Fader7Bit BE 12 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget MainFader4
	Fader7Bit BE 13 7F
WidgetEnd

// 16 Button-LED Matrix "A" - "P"

Widget ButtonE1
	Press 9E 24 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 24 7F 8E 24 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonE2
	Press 9E 25 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 25 7F 8E 25 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonE3
	Press 9E 26 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 26 7F 8E 26 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonE4
	Press 9E 27 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 27 7F 8E 27 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF1
	Press 9E 20 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 20 7F 8E 20 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF2
	Press 9E 21 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 21 7F 8E 21 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF3
	Press 9E 22 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 22 7F 8E 22 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonF4
	Press 9E 23 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 23 7F 8E 23 44
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG1
	Press 9E 1C 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1C 7F 8E 1C 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG2
	Press 9E 1D 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1D 7F 8E 1D 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG3
	Press 9E 1E 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1E 7F 8E 1E 00
WidgetEnd

Widget ButtonG4
	Press 9E 1F 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1F 7F 8E 1F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Record
	Press 9E 18 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 18 7F 8E 18 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Stop
	Press 9E 19 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 19 7F 8E 19 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Pause
	Press 9E 1A 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1A 7F 8E 1A 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Play
	Press 9E 1B 7F
	FB_TwoState 9E 1B 7F 8E 1B 00
WidgetEnd

// Bottom Row Controllers

Widget Shift
	Press 9E 0C 7F 8E 0C 00
	FB_TwoState 9E 0C 7F 8E 0C 00
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryI2
	Encoder BE 14 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushI2
	Press 9E 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryI3
	Encoder BE 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget RotaryPushI3
	Press 9E 0E 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget Control
	Press 9E 0F 7F 8E 0F 00
	FB_TwoState 9E 0F 7F 8E 0F 00
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW5
	Press BE 14 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW5
	Press BE 14 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushI2
	Press 9E 0D 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCCW6
	Press BE 15 01
WidgetEnd

Widget JogWheelRotaryCW6
	Press BE 15 7F
WidgetEnd

Widget JogPushI3
	Press 9E 0E 7F
WidgetEnd
Hey there! Welcome to the world of CSI!

Did you mean bridging as in 32 but plugins? Or plugins that you tell Reaper to "Run as a separate process"?
Old 04-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #12676
ezellohar

Quote:
Notwithstanding the above, you could just add a few blank tracks to your session to ensure that it's a multiple of eight
lol, that's true

I'm already using this kind of trick, because I'm not familiar with SWS... but I'm gonna study!
Thanks
Old 04-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #12677
Chuck Funkly

Quote:
Hey there! Welcome to the world of CSI!

Did you mean bridging as in 32 but plugins? Or plugins that you tell Reaper to "Run as a separate process"?
Thanks CJS,
Your posts along with MM and FB helped me along the CSI path.

Yes I was refering to 32bit bridging. I have a few good x86 plugins
like the original TC DEX, Epicverb and BlueTubes EQ that I still find so useful. Unfortunately these effects all open in a floating window that
cant be closed by normal means. It does seem to be s seperate process from
Reaper and an icon appears on the taskbar when the plugin is visible.

When i Right click in FX loader to add and choose "Run As/Embed..."
The plugin wont load and an error appears in the FX chain window.

Last edited by Chuck Funkly; 04-09-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Add details
Chuck Funkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #12678
jazznfunk

Default Avid S1 EuCon

Today i successfully managed to "marry" 2 Avid S1 control surfaces work with Reaper CSI in EuCon mode

I have to make the first run of 2x S1 with iPad Air's, iMac Pro, DAD AX32, RME fireface Dante and bunch of Dante peripherials at my job for client needs.

This is, actually was dedicated ProTools system, but user dropped ProTools for Reaper

Avid S1's runs only on EuCon with EuCon software installed. Avid's website states, that Reaper is supported in HUI mode only.
https://www.avid.com/products/avid-s...tible-software
I have no idea how to run "EuCon'ed" Avid S1's in HUI mode in Reaper. But S1's runs just fine in CSI EuCon mode with no extra tweeks at basic fader, pan, display readout mode. Even meters are working!

Thanks Geoff and others for CSI project!
Old 04-20-2021, 01:55 AM   #12679
WaveTrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricia View Post

Yes and no. I asked Geoff about this (a while ago) and it appears not to be an actual bug but a consequence of basic CSI function.

I observe(d) that only tracks following hidden tracks are effected. so Hidden (children) tracks will interfere with FX focus on any tracks following.

Only workaround I know about is to avoid hidden tracks.

If you, for instance, duplicate tracks as backup and hide them, move those tracks below the last one of those you actually work with.

If you hide children tracks by action, you have to toggle them visible if you want to focus FX.

Mayb will take a while to get used to, but works well.

Honestly, I miss the sync all surfaces function more.
Or is it up again? Any workarounds?

Last edited by WaveTrans; 04-20-2021 at 02:01 AM.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:43 PM   #12680
poetnprophet

Is it possible to use SelectedTrackNav AND FocusedFX for the same surface?

I normally have a "channel strip" setup for all tracks and use the C4 for those fx when I select the track.

I'd like to have some FX map to the C4 when the FX is open and focused. I simply added the line into the C4 zone, and setup the FX zon file.

This only works when I first open the project AND I open/focus the FX first. The fx zon maps to the C4. But if I then select another track, go back to the plugin, the mapping is gone and won't come back.

What am I doing wrong?
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote