Old 11-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Default v6.0rc9 - November 30 2019

v6.0rc9 - November 30 2019

• + ReaScript: resize gfx windows when changing DPI on Windows
  • + Tempo map: add tempo from loop selection allows full range of tempo generation, uses tempo envelope range when in automatic mode [t=227743]
  • + Theme: add theme adjuster action in themes menu
  • # ReaScript: fix macOS bug where first frame of gfx output may not be updated
  • # Windows: fix resize indicator drawing glitch [p=2208041]
    # theme adjuster fixes re hidpi/etc
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
Joe90

Still getting the same issue where the 'clear time selection' mouse modifier in the 'track' section is clearing loop points instead.

Last edited by Joe90; 11-30-2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: my original post made no sense
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
Breeder

Default point shape in MIDI editor when set to Square still doesn't work.

I'll also leave two of my earlier posts just in case they come useful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Devs, what has happened here - on v5 when empty png was used for the separator this didn't happened:

It seems if I remove composite_toolbar_overlay.png, it fixes itself, but then it screws the rest of the theme.

Could you please provide for some way that png files without any pixels don't have the overlay done over them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
v6.0rc1 - November 21 2019[list][*][b][COLOR=Green][*]+ Media items: add new "Beats (auto-stretch at tempo changes)" timebase
Could this maybe be an option available per item?
I guess this is left not to break old projects, but it's really confusing because it's practically the same option as beats (position, length, rate).

However, best approach (imho), would be to have the option global for the whole project and set in project preferences. In that way, it wouldn't clutter item properties dialog with another check mark.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Default point shape in MIDI editor when set to Square still doesn't work.
Fixing!

Re the other two:

1) can you give me the toolbar image in question you're testing with?

2) The new timebase is only available per-item. Or did you mean you want it available at the project level?

Last edited by Justin; 11-30-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Fixing!

Re the other two:

1) can you give me the toolbar image in question you're testing with?

2) The new timebase is only available per-item. Or did you mean you want it available at the project level?
Thank you!

1) https://stash.reaper.fm/37635/spacer...9%20images.zip

2) I meant that the option was requested for years in various FRs and it would make much more sense to have it globally because usually when you use timbase Beats (position, length, rate) you except for it to react to tempo changes.

In current implementation, you would constantly have to re-set it for every new item in a scenario where it is much more probable the user will want it for the whole project. That's why I'm saying it would make much more sense not to even have it available per-item but per-project setting that relates to every instance of timebase Beats (position, length, rate) (it would also help with many existing custom scripts and macros that use SWS actions for timebase that report toggle state)

edit on 2)
I can see how in certain sound design scenarios per-item preference could be useful, but I still feel using a separate option instead of a special timebase would be a smart choice here (again, a lot of custom scripts and macros depend on these SWS actions that report toggle states, and this approach wouldn't break them). Then again, I would personally always use timebase Beats (position only) when dealing with sound design scenarios that include tempo markers - it's just easier to hold it all in your head because sound design usually gets wild and you don't want as much external preferences affecting it (change the tempo, lose the design)

Last edited by Breeder; 11-30-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Still getting the same issue where the 'clear time selection' mouse modifier in the 'track' section is clearing loop points instead.
If you have loop points linked to time selection (Options/Loop points linked to time selection), it will clear both... is that what you mean?
Old 11-30-2019, 05:41 PM   #7
Joe90

Quote:
If you have loop points linked to time selection (Options/Loop points linked to time selection), it will clear both... is that what you mean?
No, in the mouse modifiers preferences ('track' context menu) I have ctrl+left click set to 'clear time selection', however it's clearing loop points and NOT the time selection. I do not have time selection and loop points linked.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #8
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
No, in the mouse modifiers preferences ('track' context menu) I have ctrl+left click set to 'clear time selection', however it's clearing loop points and NOT the time selection. I do not have time selection and loop points linked.
Very odd! What OS is this?

Can you make a gif (using licecap or similar) where you show your mouse modifier preferences page that is relevant, then go demonstrate the issue? thanks!
Old 11-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #9
D Rocks

I am in a new project.

Trying Massive X synth by Native Instrument.
All good until I record on the MIDI track.

When I try to record with the metronome's pre-count, the output of the instrument gets muted and I need to reload the preset to reactivate the sound. (If pre-roll option checkbox is checked it bugs)
Otherwise, when I record while I'm already playing the instrument or without the pre-roll, it's all good.

Is there anything that can be linked to the pre-release ?
Old 11-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #10
Joe90

Quote:
Very odd! What OS is this?

Can you make a gif (using licecap or similar) where you show your mouse modifier preferences page that is relevant, then go demonstrate the issue? thanks!

I'm on Win 10 1909.

Here is a gif -

https://stash.reaper.fm/37634/time%2...e%206.0rc9.gif

At the start of it I'm using ctrl+left click and you can see the loop points disappearing and not the time selection. I realised whilst recording this that if I set 'clear time selection' to alt-left click instead then it works fine, which is odd.

This made me wonder if there was something going on with my mouse or the logitech mapping software, so I turned the mapping software off, and also checked some of the other actions that require ctrl-click, they all work fine. Also, this issue only popped up on RC.08, I've checked and it's not happening with older builds, so I'm pretty sure the issue is not at my end.

A head scratcher for you enjoy!
Old 12-01-2019, 04:27 AM   #11
PhelixK

Quote:
# Windows: fix resize indicator drawing glitch [p=2208041]
Here on mac it's present above the indicator:

and:
mouse-over trail still persist on docker tabs (p=2208702&postcount=35)

macOS10.14+15, rc-9 portable

Edit: both issues now fixed in RC-10

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-16-2021 at 02:39 PM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote