Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 09-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
InfiniteDimensionality
Human being with feelings

Default Allow importing images, pdfs, txt files, etc

Sounds strange? Not at all.

Here is what I mean: Routinely I have many different files associated with a project. I might have a text file, an image, or even a pdf that has something to do with the project.

I'd like to be able to quickly access the files rather than have to go find them(they are usually in some strange location).

Hence, if reaper had some type of way to manage extra file types, it would be be much easier to handle these scenarios. The files, when dragged to reaper, are copied to the project location and added either as a sort of arrange item or maybe reaper can just keep track of extra files in a list and display them in a window, with double clicking on an entry opens that file.

S&M seems to have a resources window but it doesn't seem to support pdf's or per project nor does it copy to the project location.

I'd personally rather have both a list option(similar to the S&M but per project and for arbitrary types(maybe with notes, copy to project location, etc), maybe keep track of both locations(original source and project)) and an arrange item option. That way I can associate some files with relative places in the project.

I'm not sure if a script could be used to do this, Seems like it could save links it in the project state but not sure if it could get DnD's from a file manager. Probably use notes to hold the information and extract it. Would this be feasible in a script?
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote