Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #81
lowellben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuairiAU View Post
@lowellben
This is one of my favourite "hidden" features. It displayes only the track parameters. Choose any FX, click the param bit at the top of the FX window and select show in track controls.

This is very handy for when you have a lot of parameters on a plugin (or multiple plugins) but you only want to tweak a few. Great for amp plugins, where you just want to tweak the gain.

Touching the rotor shows details of the parameter, holding the rotor down will allow you to adjust in precision mode. F1 and F2 page through the parameters in sets of 3.

Enjoy.
OMG - GENIUS!!!! I love this feature, BRILLIANT!!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #82
lowellben

Is there a way for the Advanced Track FX Plugin mode to 'remember' the parameters I set, per FX? Like, can I save a map or something in Reaper so that every time a particular FX is loaded, Alphatrack KNOWS to load certain parameters to that secret mode?

Please say yes lol

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #83
RuairiAU

The Alphatrack is simply displaying the parameters you have configured on the track; when you save your project, those save as well. There's no need to 'remember' anything. It will display any parameters on any track.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #84
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuairiAU View Post
The Alphatrack is simply displaying the parameters you have configured on the track; when you save your project, those save as well. There's no need to 'remember' anything. It will display any parameters on any track.
I feel stupid. That makes perfect sense. Sorry, brain overload today!

This plugin is AWESOME - can't thank you enough!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #85
insideout

Default can't get past the "failed to open midi"

I can't get past the "failed to open midi" error (attached). No other midi devices enabled. Gutted - is there some way to troubleshoot this?
- Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alphatrack fail.jpg (6.9 KB, 419 views)
insideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #86
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideout View Post
I can't get past the "failed to open midi" error (attached). No other midi devices enabled. Gutted - is there some way to troubleshoot this?
- Mike
It might be because you need to disable them from being seen by the arrange page in midi devices before they can work properly as a controller. That's just a hunch though. Can't say for certain
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #87
Paul_D

man I can't wait to try this! Just found out about it, was thinking of dumping my Alphatrack b/c it didn't really seem to do much before and was more trouble than it was worth IMHO. This changes everything! Big thanks to whoever is behind this effort...nothing like finding out something you'd given up on has been improved tremendously and didn't cost you an extra dime!!
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #88
lowellben

I love my AlphaTrack, shame it's not actively being updated/improved upon - but I just can't give it up for a FaderPort!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #89
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
man I can't wait to try this! Just found out about it, was thinking of dumping my Alphatrack b/c it didn't really seem to do much before and was more trouble than it was worth IMHO. This changes everything! Big thanks to whoever is behind this effort...nothing like finding out something you'd given up on has been improved tremendously and didn't cost you an extra dime!!
Me too. This makes it super useful!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:14 AM   #90
stevelkneivel

Howdy,
I just bought a Frontier Alphatrack Pro off a mate, as I was reading about them on here and they looked pretty good, and some good fellows had made an effort to get them working in Reaper. Hooray!
But lo, my LED's do not alight, though the basic transport and fader functions are working well. As is the touch strip.
The 3 knobs are doing their thing. ie: finding plugins and getting around them, and the SHIFT alights but no LED's come on ever. I thought PAN, SEND, EQ, PI, & AUTO were meant to do stuff?LOOP works..
Does anyone know if they are meant to? I get the impression from the PDF that the LED's should light up on start up?
Or do I need to learn more about setting actions and the SWS extensions?
It looks like a cool little rig but is half of it not working is the question I'm asking. I'm on OSX.

Cheers in advance.
stevelkneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #91
NandyC

Hi,

Are you using the driver built in to reaper or the alphatrack pro driver? I would check that first... you can download the latest version of the driver from the links at the top of this thread:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=81889

Please could you check that fist, and if it doesn't help, let us know and we can look at something else.
NandyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #92
stevelkneivel

Hi mate, thanks..
I used the one listed here, but my computer couldn't see it, except in the USB reporting window from 'about this mac' where it listed my powered hub with the alphatrack hanging off it.
I then went to the Frontier website and downloaded the V.1.3 driver and rebooted and the alpha track now shows up in the top r/h corner of the screen and it actuates the V, Pan, and toggles tracks etc, but it's stuck in pan mode I think( no LED) as rotary 1 does pan and numbers 2 & 3 will scroll through the plugins-parameters 1 plugin in at a time then through all the parameters, then the next plug in etc. It takes ages if you're running a complex channel strip or something..
So..not sure what I've done wrong.
Thanks for responding!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #93
daxliniere

The tiniest of requests; is it possible remove (or change) the boot-up messages that are displayed on the Alphatrack?
I hate to say it, but some are not very professional.

Can I pay someone for an update to remove these, please?
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #94
NandyC

Hi Dax,

In a couple of weeks I will be finished with a project I am working on, and I will have some free time then. I was thinking of having a look at some of the code as there are a couple tiny tweaks I wanted to make. If I get a chance I will have a look at adding an option to disable the alternative messages.

Sorry if they seem unprofessional - I was just having a bit of fun. If you think those are bad, you should see the really filthy ones I have on mine!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #95
NandyC

Hi stevelkneivel,

It sounds like you may be using the in-built driver, which could be why you are having problems.

To check you have the correct driver installed:

- Start REAPER and open the Options -> Preferences window.

- Scroll down and click on the ‘Control Surfaces’ tab.

- Select “Add” to access the “Control Surface Settings” panel.

- Click on the drop-down and select “Frontier AlphaTrack - PRO”.
(not the in-built driver - I think it is called 'Frontier Alphatrack'.)

- Set the 'MIDI Input' and 'Midi Output' fields to "AlphaTrack".

If 'Frontier AlphaTrack - PRO' is not listed in the dropdown, you need to download the driver from the link above, unzip the zip file, and copy the reaper_alphatrack.dll file to your REAPER\Plugins folder. (Generally C:\Program Files\REAPER\Plugins)

Please let us know how you get on...
Old 06-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #96
daxliniere

Haha, no worries Nandy, if I was the only person around, I wouldn't mind. (I might even ask for your DLL! )
Old 06-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #97
stevelkneivel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandyC View Post
Hi stevelkneivel,

It sounds like you may be using the in-built driver, which could be why you are having problems.

To check you have the correct driver installed:

- Start REAPER and open the Options -> Preferences window.

- Scroll down and click on the ‘Control Surfaces’ tab.

- Select “Add” to access the “Control Surface Settings” panel.

- Click on the drop-down and select “Frontier AlphaTrack - PRO”.
(not the in-built driver - I think it is called 'Frontier Alphatrack'.)

- Set the 'MIDI Input' and 'Midi Output' fields to "AlphaTrack".

If 'Frontier AlphaTrack - PRO' is not listed in the dropdown, you need to download the driver from the link above, unzip the zip file, and copy the reaper_alphatrack.dll file to your REAPER\Plugins folder. (Generally C:\Program Files\REAPER\Plugins)

Please let us know how you get on...
Thanks mate, I did go to that link but I didn't get a .dll file from the unzipped .dmg file. What I got was a .dylib file with a component icon (lego brick)
I tried that but no go.
In the 'control surface settings' there is no 'alphatrack pro' option, just 'frontier alphatrack'
Also, on my rig, I don't know where to find /reaper/plugins. What I do is go to HD/library/audio/plugins and paste into there. It's worked for all my plugins so far.
So is that link above giving me the wrong DMG? Or do I need to use a different zip programme? It's a bit confusing, I may be doing something wrong, I'm not totally savvy on this but it looks like I'm doing the right thing at this end.
Anyway, thanks for the help so far.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #98
stevelkneivel

I think I just realized that you think I'm on windows....is that right?
Does the Mac version have the same features?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #99
NandyC

Oops! I didn't notice 'I'm on OSX' in your post ... Sorry! I helped to write the driver, but I only have experience of PC's. There wasn't even a mac version when I stopped developing for it. I think Tim from SWS stepped in and built the mac version afterwards. I believe it is identical in functionality, but I am not certain ... maybe another mac user can confirm?

I am guessing that the '.dylib' file you have extracted is the equivalent of a windows .dll - so that file (or those files) you extracted from the .dmg will need to go into your Reaper/Plugins folder. I had a quick look on the forum, and found this:

'~/Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins. If you have installed REAPER elsewhere (portable install) then drag the file(s) to your reaper directory/UserPlugins."'

If this does not work, please let us know, and perhaps another mac user who has successfully installed the plugin could point you in the right direction. Please give it another go as I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what it does if you can get it to work....

All the best,
Nandy.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:49 AM   #100
NandyC

I just had another quick look, and "HD/library/audio/plugins" looks like it could be your VST directory.

You don't want to put the alphatrack plugin there - it needs to go inside the plugins folder inside the Reaper installation - it should be something like:

"~/Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins"

If you put the plugin in there, the 'Frontier Alphatrack PRO' driver should appear in the control surface dropdown and you should be good to go.

It is definitely a bit confusing as there are 2 plugin folders - one for your VST's and one for Reaper specific plugins.

Please let us know if that helps.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #101
stevelkneivel

Quote:
I just had another quick look, and "HD/library/audio/plugins" looks like it could be your VST directory.

You don't want to put the alphatrack plugin there - it needs to go inside the plugins folder inside the Reaper installation - it should be something like:

"~/Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins"

If you put the plugin in there, the 'Frontier Alphatrack PRO' driver should appear in the control surface dropdown and you should be good to go.

It is definitely a bit confusing as there are 2 plugin folders - one for your VST's and one for Reaper specific plugins.

Please let us know if that helps.
Ah yes! I couldn't find reaper anywhere on the HD eccept for in the apps, so I right clicked and found package contents and put it in there. The controls are awesome! Very pleased with that, and the fx scrolling on screen is really great. It'll take some time to learn for sure.
One thing though, the transport controls no longer work at all (!?) I'll have in actions and see if I can set it up there.....
Cheers!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:23 AM   #102
NandyC

Hi stevelkneivel,

Glad you got it working! If you check the settings for the alphatrack there is an option to set the transport controls to send CC's so that you can re-map them - it may be worth checking that it has not been enabled by accident. You can find it under control surfaces, edit settings for alphatrack pro. It says something like 'Transport send CC's', and should not be checked. May be worth a quick look... if it's not that, I don't know!

All the best,
Nandy.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:48 AM   #103
stevelkneivel

Sweet, all set up in actions, and Tims SWS xt's are pretty great. I hope he's getting plenty of donations
I bought the Groove3 videos as well, I couldn't believe how much I didn't know about Reaper. It's pretty amazing.
Thanks for your help!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 AM   #104
stevelkneivel

Quote:
Hi stevelkneivel,

Glad you got it working! If you check the settings for the alphatrack there is an option to set the transport controls to send CC's so that you can re-map them - it may be worth checking that it has not been enabled by accident. You can find it under control surfaces, edit settings for alphatrack pro. It says something like 'Transport send CC's', and should not be checked. May be worth a quick look... if it's not that, I don't know!

All the best,
Nandy.
Hey mate, I've got 'transport send cc's' checked, and it's letting me set up any action I want. So I'm not gonna muck around with it! It seems to be working really bloody well! It's brilliant! Hooray!
Now all I gotta do is make some music with it

Thanks again, great forum.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #105
stevelkneivel

God this thing is awesome....
Old 06-26-2014, 06:59 AM   #106
RuairiAU

Great to see people are still enjoying this.

As for the startup animation mentioned earlier in this page, I thought there was an option for that in the config screen. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #107
SoulOne82

Ok, first of all a big THANK YOU for providing us this awesome Alphatrack plug-in!

I am wondering if it would be possible to have the fader "update" when in Auto (advanced) mode and when the fader is assigned to "adjust last touched fx parameter". Right now it only works in a kind of "soft takeover mode".

I think somehow this must be possible, because in plug-in mode when having flip engaged the fader updates its position to reflect the selected parameter value.

Or would it be easier to implement to have the Alphatrack follow the selected fx parameter when in plug-in mode?

If you guys could help me with this I would be happy to donate some bucks to you!
SoulOne82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:14 AM   #108
daxliniere

Hey Nandy,
Do you think you might have time to look at suppressing the start-up messages, please?

Cheers!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #109
stevelkneivel

UUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!
i just updated Reaper and the alphatrac has dissapeared. I can't work out how to reinstall it, or is the update bad news for the Alphatrack??
I am so F####ng angry and frustrated right now.
Can any one help?
When i updated I hit the replace old version button. My bad?
Old 10-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #110
stevelkneivel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelkneivel View Post
UUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!
i just updated Reaper and the alphatrac has dissapeared. I can't work out how to reinstall it, or is the update bad news for the Alphatrack??
I am so F####ng angry and frustrated right now.
Can any one help?
When i updated I hit the replace old version button. My bad?
Fixed it! Sorry for the drama, it took an hour, must have been a glitch...
Cheers!
Old 11-16-2014, 03:11 AM   #111
TonTobsen

Pretty amazing.

Thank you so much for sharing this Plugin.
TonTobsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #112
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey Nandy,
Do you think you might have time to look at suppressing the start-up messages, please?

Cheers!
Another little prod to ask about this.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:32 AM   #113
Lazarus

Do they annoy you that much? Are you on Windows?
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:02 AM   #114
daxliniere

Yes and yes.

It should be so easy to change.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:24 AM   #115
Lazarus

Okay, will do this tomorrow - here it is so far...

Old 06-07-2015, 04:29 AM   #116
daxliniere

Excellent, looks great!
I'll have you know it's important not to have any fun in the studio.

(... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbGoWVXZzmg)
Old 06-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #117
daxliniere

And thanks a lot for offering to do this.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:54 AM   #118
Lazarus

Nice vid and no probs!
Old 06-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #119
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Nice vid and no probs!
It was a while ago now (feels like even longer in terms of the mix), but it was a lot of fun. Still a great record, I say.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #120
Zephyrus

nice to see improvements here
Is there any chance to get reaeq working on the eq button again?
-ph
Zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote