Old 05-22-2020, 11:31 PM   #1401
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Sorryt but LIFE has gotten in the way. A family member diagnosed with a terminal illness & my own health wandering all over the place lately.
Hope you get that song finished! Good luck.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:15 AM   #1402
RobertP

@ msore, thanks I will have a look. I don't read music but I have 9 year old grandchild who plays a bit so will ask her. Why don't you take it further for yourself?
On another note entirely, does your name msore, have anything to do with tigers?

@ ivansc, different bunch of words Ivan. Sorry to hear what's going on for you. Take care, be safe and get through it. The corona song can wait. I did put a tune to it then realised I had unconsciously plagiarised that tune by Ringo about octopuses garden! ... win some, fuck some up

suleiman: "WTF r u ppl on abt ?"
RobertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:01 PM   #1403
Kaynower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
I have been talking to my 2 sons and my daughter every week and we always seem to say something about how odd it feels not being able to physically be with their children.

My oldest lives just a few miles away and we had them 2 days a week. We would pick them up from school, take them to clubs and the youngest would spend the 2 whole days with us. My other son lives about 150 miles away so a day trip once a month for the weekend was no big deal. My daughter also lives close by and we would have her 14 month old for 3 days of the week.

Now of course we whatsapp them but its no where near the same as having them around.

On the other hand, I am sure it must be a strain for parents used to having grandparent have the kids while they worked or the kids being at school. And I am sure it is a strain for kids not having the structure of school and no contact with other kids.

Well it got me thinking and some words came to mind:

Put on yer gloves
mask on yer face
haz suit and goggles
just to be safe
If you do as your told
youll live till yer old

Then ill push you round the garden
on yer bike

I filled the room
with puzzles on the floor
the biggest you've ever seen
with thousands of pieces
We could do it together
it fills the time

on yer bike

Lets do some painting
get the crayons out too
find all the best books
read a story to you
have a picnic in your bedroom
and yer sister can come too

on yer bike

Put on yer gloves
mask on yer face
haz suit and goggles
just to be safe
If you do as your told
youll live till yer old

on yer bike

Working on a tune...
incredible poem. I am always impressed by the way people write poems, for me it is not yet available. For me, sometimes prose seems very difficult, and poetry is not worth talking about. It is also very strange for me to understand how cool some poets or writers make very clear and structurally cool conclusions from their works. I recently wrote a small scientific study in the form of an essay at university, and in order to write a conclusion I used a special generator of conclusions https://gradesfixer.com/conclusion-generator/. What do you think about this? Is it worthwhile to use modern technology to write a more convenient and cool text?

Last edited by Kaynower; 05-25-2020 at 11:57 PM.
Kaynower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:53 AM   #1404
RobertP

well thankyou
how about writing a tune ... please

Old 05-25-2020, 12:10 AM   #1405
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post

@ ivansc, different bunch of words Ivan.
I will still try & have a go at the original with my minor mods to make the meter work if that`s OK with you.
Funny - I did the exact same thing with Sweet Home Alabama, having not realised I had heard it on a visit with my family in Tennessee! My song was called "Duck River"... it was a rather cynical song about the fake preachers on TV in the USA, based on my first real experience with them. Years later I am still wondering how I didnt realise I had actually heard SHA while I was in Tennessee!

I have considered redoing it with a different set of chords and melody, but it all sounds kinda dated however I do it.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:55 AM   #1406
RobertP

Go for it Ivan, in your own time.

I have found that having spent a lot of time messing with a tune, getting it sounding ok, I just cannot change the melody for a bunch of words. I just keep hearing the old one.

Now, the age we are, I guess our heads are so full of what we have heard over the years. It would be strange I think if we did not find similarities or even outrightish copies.

I am always surprised though, and a little disappointed.