Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
djwhiterabbit
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper 2.55 BETA: OS X Universal Audio Processing Threads Issue

I am using Reaper 2.55 BETA: OS X Universal, Mac OS 10.5.5 on my Mac Pro 8 core, 3.2GHz, 32 Gigs of Memory, NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 video card, MOTU 828mkII audio interface, and MAUDIO Radium 49 controller keyboard. I am inserting Audio Unit instruments and Audio Unit effects. Reaper constantly unexpectedly quits during loading last project at startup. First, I tried removing the reaper.ini file to the trash from my home folder/Library/Application Support/REAPER folder and restarted Reaper. Then, I removed the projects from where I saved them to the trash temporarily to startup Reaper to have access to the Audio Buffering preferences and changed audio reading/processing threads to 4 from auto-detect the number of needed audio processing threads being checked. I am now able to open my project. Also, I tried not checking auto-detect the number of needed audio processing threads manually setting audio reading/processing threads to 8 with no success. Again, I tried not checking auto-detect the number of needed audio processing threads manually setting audio reading/processing threads to 7, saved these settings, and this seems to work. How do I use all eight cores efficiently without conflicting with my AUi and AU plugins?

Last edited by djwhiterabbit; 02-13-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: I had to add more details.
djwhiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
dazz26

HI DJwhiterabbit, man you've got an awesomely fast machine there.

in my experience, the beta version is still a little unstable with AU and AUi plugins and will cause a crash. If you have VST versions of the plugs, replace the au ones and see if it helps.

Also, the beta version doesn't seem to like waves plugs either. whether this has anything to do with the ilok, I don't know.

i hope this helps.

i'm running 1.8ghz intel dual core Macbook pro. 1.5gig ram.
dazz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 AM   #3
bennals

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhiterabbit View Post
Reaper constantly unexpectedly quits during loading last project at startup.
I have that happen occasionally and find that opening a project with the 'fx offline' option checked, then opening it again without the option checked and without saving first seems to work. That's with the thread detection set to auto. Maybe give that a go.

Bill.