Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
KevinW
Human being with feelings

Hey, another thought.
The website DOES have DL links for CSR.
And for TRacks Deluxe.

I wonder if you were to DL and install both of those, then use the serial numbers you have, would it let you authorize?

If nothing else, you would get to play around and see what you bought. They will work in fully functional demo mode for 10 days.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #42
politcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverich View Post
IK said they would never be discounting those plugs...
ha! wait and see

i'll be all over the Black and White. don't need em but want em (last of the bunch for me)

other than sampletank i love my ik plugins. they get used on every mix
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #43
ArrowHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoody View Post
Thanks again guys, but I am pretty computer savvy.
So are we, and we'd love to help you. Any chance we could see what's in the top directory of your disk?
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #44
dea-man

Default Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
One solution - go buy a Mac!
Man, you really know how to kick and hurt a guy when he's down!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #45
KevinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea-man View Post
Man, you really know how to kick and hurt a guy when he's down!
Ha ha. I hope the joke was understood! It was NOT meant to imply that Macs are trouble free. (Never used one myself, unless you count the ones from the late 80's).
Old 08-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #46
dea-man

Default LOL!

Quote:
Ha ha. I hope the joke was understood! It was NOT meant to imply that Macs are trouble free. (Never used one myself, unless you count the ones from the late 80's).
LOl. This is a funny quote, in and of itself.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #47
ObiK

Quote:
Thanks again guys, but I am pretty computer savvy. I have opened every single directory and even the zip file for Mac. There are no executable files in there anywhere. Just the fact that the installer does not start when I insert the CD pretty much gives it away that something is missing. This is so frustrating and very disappointing. Not a word from IK "support" yet either.
PM me your support ticket number and I'll make sure the support manager gets you the help you need.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #48
bigwoody

Thanks for your offer to help. You PM is full and not accepting new messages. My ticket is 584931. I appreciate any assistance given.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #49
ArrowHead

Quote:
I appreciate any assistance given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowHead View Post
Any chance we could see what's in the top directory of your disk?

We might be able to get you going sooner than Monday if you're willing. Any chance on that shot of the top directory, so we can compare it to a working copy for you?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #50
ObiK

Quote:
Thanks for your offer to help. You PM is full and not accepting new messages. My ticket is 584931. I appreciate any assistance given.
Thanks for the heads up, I have cleared out my inbox. I have emailed the support manager and should be addressed first thing tomorrow morning.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #51
ArrowHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
I have emailed the support manager and should be addressed first thing tomorrow morning.
So without your assistance, his support ticket wouldn't be addressed tomorrow? Or you're making a token gesture?

Because I thought it might be nice to try and help him right now.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #52
The Telenator
Banned

Yes, $50 was a wonderful price. Those are nice mastering plugs as well. And I may take another look at any/all of IK's stuff in a couple of years, but in the past I've simply had too much trouble with IK. I don't play well with things like 'Authorisation Managers' and multiple hoops to jump through. I might think differently if everyone played this game, but I find nothing in any of their products so compelling as to make me put up with it. I've ditched or avoided one or two other companies in the last couple of years, so clearly IK is not the lone offender. Even so, I have no lack for passing these few companies aside and moving on.

Still, some 75% of my plugins are free ones, yet in the last year I've started buying a handful of commercial software solutions. I'm delighted with all I currently have. If anything, my problem these days is trying to avoid ending up with too many.

Considering the glut of software and the competition and constant upgrading that's really taken off lately, I just don't understand how any company dares to put customers through any of what's been discussed in this thread, including these pricing games. No matter, though, I've learned to avoid all of it. Happily, threads like this one serve only as my Sunday entertainment. IK, Steinberg, and others in my opinion, are much more pleasant to experience and read about here in my status as their non-customer.

Nice plugs, though. Pity about all the rest!

Cheers!
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #53
ivansc

FWIW I am on my third day of trying to get SSL's half-assed CMkey to work. It seems to just randomly decide to stop working every now and again and the support team are unbelievably slow getting anything done to fix it.

Their rigid system of support tickets means half the time the support personnel dont knwo when they are responding to a new request and when it is a continuation of an old one, which adds further delay into the system.
I have two projects I am trying to complete currently unusable because my request for support took a couple of days to actually get on the system and receive a response.
Sodont assume it is just IK.

Native Instruments are similarly cumbersome to deal with.

All of these companies seem to have good, motivated people working for them but because of their chosen method of dealing with copy protection, the customer who has actually PAID for the product suffers in the end.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #54
ObiK

Quote:
So without your assistance, his support ticket wouldn't be addressed tomorrow? Or you're making a token gesture?

Because I thought it might be nice to try and help him right now.
It would have been addressed by the support team, I forwarded it to the manager to get extra attention. Today is Sunday and the office is closed, so I did help him in every way I could, right now on a weekend.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #55
ArrowHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
It would have been addressed by the support team, I forwarded it to the manager to get extra attention. Today is Sunday and the office is closed, so I did help him in every way I could, right now on a weekend.
I gotcha. I just feel he gave up on getting help sooner from us because he felt he had your "official" support. He'll be mighty sad if he finds out tomorrow we could have emailed him the missing file, or worse - it was there all along.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #56
compasspnt

I know people who will not eat watermelon because avoiding the seeds is too much trouble.
compasspnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #57
bigwoody

Guys, its cool. Rather than be frustrated I just got busy this weekend on some home projects. I'll give their support the chance to help out when their office opens. In the mean time here are some screen shots of the entire directory structure from the install CD for T-Racks3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRacks no1.jpg (28.9 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg TRacks no2.jpg (36.4 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg TRacks no3.jpg (23.9 KB, 130 views)
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #58
ArrowHead

Click the main branch - the actual disc icon titled: Ultimate Mastering Bundle Instal (E: ) should be highlighted - In addition to folders there should be files displayed to the right.

The installer file should be in that folder, or the top level of the "Install..." directories below it. If you're just looking via the folders menu on the left, you're not viewing any files in the parent directory, just folders. Click the actual root directory, and look in the window to the right - you should see files and folders.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #59
bigwoody

Nothing in there but what you see here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRacks no4.jpg (26.9 KB, 173 views)
Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #60
ArrowHead

Quote:
Nothing in there but what you see here.
Okay. What about the top level of the two "Install" folders?

[edit] I'm not trying to get your hopes up - these are all mac files. My hope was that the Windows installer was packaged on there as well, but was not in the correct directory for autoplay to detect it.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #61
bigwoody

I looked everywhere I could possibly look, there is just no installer in there that I can see. There is nothing in the install folders but the content folder that is in the images, no separate files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRacks no5.jpg (26.2 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by bigwoody; 08-26-2012 at 08:32 PM.
bigwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #62
ArrowHead

Quote:
I looked everywhere I could possibly look, there is just no installer in there that I can see. There is nothing in the install folders but the content folder that is in the images, no separate files.
My hope was that there was a zip or .exe inside those "Install TRackS 3" and "Install Classic" folders, or that you had the necessary files that someone could email you the .exe itself.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you more - perhaps someone who did jump on this deal could compare their own disc with the contents of yours, and confirm for sure what happened to you.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #63
Link0126

Quote:
$50 for the "mastering bundle", which includes Tracks standard and CSR. A good deal, for sure.
CSR as well. F.
Link0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #64
ivansc

It sure looks like you got an Apple-only disk.
Hope mine isn't the same when it finally arrives with me on Wednesday.

Cant wait!
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #65
compasspnt

Can you not just download it?
compasspnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #66
ArrowHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by compasspnt View Post
Can you not just download it?

This particular version isn't available on the download pages. He tried already.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #67
bigwoody

Okay gang, thanks for all your help and concern. I need to give credit where credit is due. First thing this morning I got a response from IK Media support where they gave me individual access to download the installers that I need. I am not at my studio comp right now but am confident this will nail it. As we all guessed, it looks like the disk was a Mac only. Hey s#%t happens. I will let you all know as soon as the install and authorization is done later today. BTW on IK Media site they do say that there is no weekend support, that is why I backed off and did house stuff (the wife is happy but of course I would have much rather been in the studio ;-)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #68
KevinW

Quote:
This particular version isn't available on the download pages. He tried already.
On all the bundles I bought from IK, each individual product had its own serial number.

So, as I suggested earlier, CSR can definitely be downloaded and registered, I suspect. As for TRacks Standard, I also bet it would work to DL the Deluxe version, and the registration number would simply only authorize the 4 plugs that are part of Standard. There is not a separate .exe file for "Tracks Standard" and "Tracks Deluxe".

Probably moot, as I suspect IK support has it sorted by now.

Edit:Like I said...
Old 08-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #69
ArrowHead

Quote:
Okay gang, thanks for all your help and concern. I need to give credit where credit is due. First thing this morning I got a response from IK Media support where they gave me individual access to download the installers that I need. I am not at my studio comp right now but am confident this will nail it. As we all guessed, it looks like the disk was a Mac only. Hey s#%t happens. I will let you all know as soon as the install and authorization is done later today. BTW on IK Media site they do say that there is no weekend support, that is why I backed off and did house stuff (the wife is happy but of course I would have much rather been in the studio ;-)

Very glad to hear it's sorted. Now you have to record us a hit song with your new plugins!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #70
moreylc

Quote:
First thing this morning I got a response from IK Media support where they gave me individual access to download the installers that I need.
Well, I will say that IK got back to you faster than MF got the disks to me, as I'm still waiting for mine! Still not looking forward to installation and registration since I have my audio workstation entirely disconnected from the net, which has created a few headaches with other programs. But I'm relieved to hear the support team was right on top of it.
moreylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #71
bigwoody

Morelyc, my workstation is totally disconnected too. Brace yourself, the registration process was my challenge today. FINALLY I was able to do the offline registration and get T-Racks working standalone and VST. No luck so far with the reverbs yet, but I have faith. Hopefully if your disc has the installers on it your struggles will be fewer than mine.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #72
ObiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by compasspnt View Post
I know people who will not eat watermelon because avoiding the seeds is too much trouble.

Its delicious!

Quote:
I'm glad you got taken care of.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #73
moreylc

Quote:
Morelyc, my workstation is totally disconnected too. Brace yourself, the registration process was my challenge today. FINALLY I was able to do the offline registration and get T-Racks working standalone and VST. No luck so far with the reverbs yet, but I have faith. Hopefully if your disc has the installers on it your struggles will be fewer than mine.
Well, I just got home, package from MF was there! Ripped it open, stuck the CD in...no installation .exe. Had a pdf installation instruction document that told me to click on the "install" icon, which would be easier if they provided one! Anyhow, now I get to experience the IK support adventure...let's see if I have similar luck.

I can't really see the excuse for this, regardless of their promptness in making it right. The packaging clearly indicates "works with Windows Vista", which happens to be what I use (no comments, please). Part of the appeal of ordering a physical product, as opposed to an online download, is that I've got the physical medium for reinstallation when (not if) this is required due to an OS crash, a hardware crash, or all of the above. So when I buy a physical disk and wait for it to be delivered, it seems reasonable to expect the product to actually be included on the disk when it arrives...or is that unrealistic?

Last edited by moreylc; 08-27-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #74
ArrowHead

Wow, again it happened?

This is the official point where I decide to not purchase any products from IK in the future. Hopefully Obi can let his coworkers know how popular their authorization, installation, and delivery processes are.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #75
bear

Default Make that 3

Just got mine and same thing... no installer. Appears to be MAC only
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #76
ObiK

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please PM me the ticket number and I'll be sure it gets top priority and that our support manager is aware of this for the future. This is what Musicians Friend is shipping and not ordered directly from IK. We'd love the opportunity to make things right.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #77
moreylc

Quote:
Hopefully Obi can let his coworkers know how popular their authorization, installation, and delivery processes are.
I suspect they know quite well--I think half of the IK staff chimed in on this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...ght=multimedia

I realize that for such small companies the piracy issue is a matter of life and death--I get that. I've done a variety of challenge and response installations of various programs, some more smoothly than others. IK's file system, from what I read on the installation PDF, is a bigger hassle for non-online installers than most, but if it works right out of the box, I can live with it. But distributing program disks that don't actually have the program on it--that's a new one. Anyhow, I've submitted my support ticket and I'm hopeful they'll get me going within a few days.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #78
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreylc View Post
...But distributing program disks that don't actually have the program on it--that's a new one.
In IK's defense... that was Musician's Friend that sent that disk out. Probably something that had been in their warehouse for awhile, hence the blow-out price. And I'm guessing they didn't give a crap they were sending out Mac compatible disks to PC users (we'll let IK deal with it). It would not surprise me one bit.

I won't deal with MF after the problems I had with them several years ago... they suck!

Old 08-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #79
moreylc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
In IK's defense... that was Musician's Friend that sent that disk out. Probably something that had been in their warehouse for awhile, hence the blow-out price. And I'm guessing they didn't give a crap they were sending out Mac compatible disks to PC users (we'll let IK deal with it). It would not surprise me one bit.
MF sent out a sealed package that says "Works with Windows Vista" on it. The company name on the packaging is IK Multimedia, not Musician's Friend, so if the wrong disk is in the wrong package, it isn't MF's fault. Perhaps the disc replicator that IK uses reproduced the wrong set of files.

I've actually had decent luck with MF over the years; if there's a problem they generally work to make it right. I'm willing to give IK the same opportunity.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #80
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreylc View Post
MF sent out a sealed package that says "Works with Windows Vista" on it. The company name on the packaging is IK Multimedia, not Musician's Friend, so if the wrong disk is in the wrong package, it isn't MF's fault. Perhaps the disc replicator that IK uses reproduced the wrong set of files.

I've actually had decent luck with MF over the years; if there's a problem they generally work to make it right. I'm willing to give IK the same opportunity.
Sorry... just going by what ObiK said in his previous post (#76).

And I still think MF sucks.