Old 11-16-2019, 07:02 AM   #6281
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgedayren View Post
Thanks for the help!
Another question, how to hide this text?
There was that question, but didn't find answer.
At the moment - you can't - I'll add it for next update...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:18 AM   #6282
timbralzoom

ugh!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #6283
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ugh!
haha - but I really appreciate you offering your help! 99% of the time you'd be correct
Old 11-18-2019, 08:18 AM   #6284
Ozman

I've been watching this one for a long time.
Is there like a collection of strips made of off JSFX (and/or Airwindows)?
Also, will LBX Stripper ever have a ReaPack?

I'd like to use this for an quick an easy Go-To for pre-made channel strips (JSFX) as well as the ability to create channel strips from my own plugins.

Last edited by Ozman; 11-18-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:51 AM   #6285
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
I've been watching this one for a long time.
Is there like a collection of strips made of off JSFX (and/or Airwindows)?
Also, will LBX Stripper ever have a ReaPack?

I'd like to use this for an quick an easy Go-To for pre-made channel strips (JSFX) as well as the ability to create channel strips from my own plugins.
Hi,

Personally - I've not done any - although there are some that have been done by ThrashJazzAssassin I believe (the Witti plugins). And I've seen a few airwindows ones about.

TBH - you could create a strip for a typical airwindows plugin in about 1 minute as long as you don't insist on making them look amazingly pretty (they'd still look better than the default airwindows look IMO).

I never really used the stock JSFX plugins having already had a decent collection of 3rd party plugins when I moved to Reaper years ago.

This thread https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206847 is where many people post their strips.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #6286
Ozman

Much thanks, man.
That's what I was for.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:47 AM   #6287
Georgedayren

1. Created strip for 'JS Channel Phase Meter' for Dynamic mode, saved, enter in Edit mode, load this strip, trying edit something and.. that!

2. Sometimes, when changing color for knobs name/value, script gets freeze. Need to reopen script.. sometimes reopen Reaper.

3. Would be great to have option 'do not change track channel count on strip load'

Last edited by Georgedayren; 11-23-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Georgedayren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:57 AM   #6288
lb0

Quote:
1. Created strip for 'JS Channel Phase Meter' for Dynamic mode, saved, enter in Edit mode, load this strip, trying edit something and.. that!

2. Sometimes, when changing color for knobs name/value, script gets freeze. Need to reopen script.. sometimes reopen Reaper.

3. Would be great to have option 'do not change track channel count on strip load'
1. Could you please send me the strip file (version found in strips folder). That error message is not helpful as it doesn't provide a line number!

2. Never noticed anything here. Is there any more info you can provide to help me reproduce.

3. What exactly do you mean??
Old 11-23-2019, 03:54 AM   #6289
Georgedayren

1. https://stash.reaper.fm/v/37568/JS%2...%20Meter.strip

2. It's not often, try to get more information in next time

3. When i push to create strip for new plugin in Dynamic mode, it add new track for Edit mode, this track have 64 channels, and this information saving with strip. Next time when i add plugin to track (with 2 channel), number of channels automaticaly increase to 64.

Wanna 2 channels in any case
Old 11-23-2019, 06:52 AM   #6290
lb0

Quote:
1. https://stash.reaper.fm/v/37568/JS%2...%20Meter.strip

2. It's not often, try to get more information in next time

3. When i push to create strip for new plugin in Dynamic mode, it add new track for Edit mode, this track have 64 channels, and this information saving with strip. Next time when i add plugin to track (with 2 channel), number of channels automaticaly increase to 64.

Wanna 2 channels in any case
Thanks, will look into. EDIT: yep - same bug here. may take an hour or two to track the culprit down as it doesn't give the error line number - but will fix later on...

I think the 64 channels is caused by a mistake in the template strip. I'll look into.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #6291
lb0

I've updated the LBXCS_resources zip file in the Stripper Github.

This includes the fix for the template A file so it should now default to 2 channels.

Any new strips created using this template should be ok.

Unfortunately - you'll need to either manually edit the strip file for any affected existing strips created with the dodgy template - or edit them in Stripper - and changing the channel count for the __LBX_EDIT track (if editing from dynamic mode) before resaving.

Manually editing the strip file is quite easy (but backup first!) - you need to change the line:

[NCHAN]64.0

to

[NCHAN]2.0

but note - to be completely clean - you will also need to adjust the index lines at the top eg:

[STRIPDATA_LOC]451 5712
[SNAPSHOTDATA_LOC]5713 6020

the bold numbers should have 1 subtracted from them (as you've lost a character in the NCHAN line).

so would be:

[STRIPDATA_LOC]451 5711
[SNAPSHOTDATA_LOC]5712 6019

If you get this bit wrong - it shouldn't break anything - but will mean the strip file takes slightly longer to scan when loading - as it has to manually find each data section using a string search which can be slow for very large strips.

In fact I think it should automatically update this if it occurs after the first load - so it may be slower to load the first time - and then invisibly update the header in the strip file - so all subsequent loads are normal and faster.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:40 AM   #6292
Georgedayren

Nothing changed.. Template A adds track with 64 channels

Checked strip file, [NCHAN]2.0

Edit: it's okay, just need to restart Reaper

Last edited by Georgedayren; 11-24-2019 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #6293
lb0

Quote:
Nothing changed.. Template A adds track with 64 channels

Checked strip file, [NCHAN]2.0

Edit: it's okay, just need to restart Reaper
Sorry - forgot to mention you also need to first delete the __LBX_EDIT track in any existing project.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #6294
Georgedayren

In Dynamic mode Stripper still changing channels if add on track new plugin without pre-saved strip
Old 11-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #6295
lb0

Quote:
In Dynamic mode Stripper still changing channels if add on track new plugin without pre-saved strip
Aaah! Sorry about that!

Had the same problem (64 chans enabled) with the placeholder strip.

Have updated LBXCS_resources zip file with the fixed strips.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:04 AM   #6296
timbralzoom

new wacky one
(i hope i didn't ask this before)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Oo...BqK6h8pZdwsSIT

idea behind,
hide that Red/Green volume controls
and leave just the Fixed Snapshot Controls in the gui
so one target to tracking/seeing & clicking.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #6297
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
new wacky one
(i hope i didn't ask this before)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Oo...BqK6h8pZdwsSIT

idea behind,
hide that Red/Green volume controls
and leave just the Fixed Snapshot Controls in the gui
so one target to tracking/seeing & clicking.
Nice idea.

The only possible issue I can think of is that when you press each button it can set the value on. But in order to switch others off - it would need to scan all controls on the page and find ones associated with snapshots and switch them off = not very efficient.

A better (easier) way perhaps - keep the red/green buttons - and put them alongside the snapshot buttons - as these indicate which one is pushed already. You can disable them from being pushed and they just act like an LED indicator when the snapshot button is pressed.

It may even be possible to layer the leds underneath the snapshot button (or use an invisible control for theh snapshot button - and place it over the LED indicator ensuring you disable redrawing background for the control).

Anyway - several possibilities already to solve this particular scenario - with a little extra strip building work for you - but a lot less coding work for me!!

Let me know what you think?
Old 11-29-2019, 09:25 AM   #6298
timbralzoom

D'oh!

absolutely you are right!

how can i miss the underneath/overlapping the Controls at the first place.

Thank you!
Old 12-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #6299
lb0

New video - showing what I've been playing with in Stripper land...

https://youtu.be/Gr5Q6bg_yIM

Sorry about the audio distortion - this happens with my current OBS setup - I even deleted all the audio captures from OBS - but it still decided to capture the audio anyway - and did so badly! :|

Some of it required a lot of playing about with stuff - and works - but not perfect (analyzer 'embedding' - they aren't embedded - but blitted from Cockos's JSFX analyzers - which I've also 'tampered' with a little - onto a separate window which hovers over the Stripper window). It works ok for my needs until I find a better way.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #6300
dasombre

OMG :O is this a preview of upcoming stuff?
Looks really amazing. I wonder how you made the mixer and are there "groups" that you can switch between (right bottom, where it says: Master, Tracks with Items, MIDI Tracks, etc.)

Looks really awesome and very integrated.
Also, your strips look very uniform and nice.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this gem Sir
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #6301
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
OMG :O is this a preview of upcoming stuff?
Looks really amazing. I wonder how you made the mixer and are there "groups" that you can switch between (right bottom, where it says: Master, Tracks with Items, MIDI Tracks, etc.)

Looks really awesome and very integrated.
Also, your strips look very uniform and nice.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this gem Sir
Yep - just need to tweak a few things. The analyzer overlay is a little annoying depending on how you have stripper set up. If it's docked - then you probably need to manually close the analyzer when not using it - because it sits above most other windows (unless you 'pin' every window).

I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated screen for Stripper - and it doesn't ever get in the way there. I've coded it as best as possible so it releases its always on top nature when Stripper doesn't have focus - but I've tried lots of things and cannot get it perfect. The only real way to do that would be to make the Analyzer window a child of the Stripper GUI window - but not sure that's possible yet with Julian's API.

Yep - groups are automatically generated for folder tracks, and tracks containing midi/audio or general media items, but you can make groups manually as well and save them in the project. Of course you can also rearrange tracks however you want too.

Yeah - I tweaked all my strips to have the same height so they slot together nicely. Only took 20 minutes or so for the main ones - then I did the others as I used them.

I'll hopefully tidy a few bits up and then release ASAP.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #6302
dasombre

that is some really neat and well thought out stuff
I am very happy that you are actively developing this amazing tool and coming up with great ideas for further improvement.

I'd like to leave this little FR here, when you should have time sometime and if it makes sense to you too: a little "module" that lets you set the I/O-pins and you can insert a plugin/or better a saved strip there, and the pins of the plugin/strip are then set the same as in the pin-module. Like a switcher which changes the pins when switching the strip inside it.

This is useful for example if you have some mid-side stuff with more complex routing going on in a strip and want to try different strips for mids or sides in addition to that.

I have a strip for example where I split the transients and sustain and can then work on those separately (like stereo-width for attack and sustain). But If I want to insert a strip-eq (multiple N4s) for only the side-portion of the sustain, i have to edit all the pins of multiple N4's, and this can get confusing quite quickly
Now, if I want to exchange this eq for another strip-eq it is quite a task.

I know, something was implemented in Mix-mode quite a time ago, but it never worked for me. I reported it back then. Not sure if you had a look at this since then.

But this is not a high priority, and also, only if it makes sense to you too, and if it is not too much to code. Otherwise, feel free to ignore this idea completely

Looking forward to the update when it's ready
Old 12-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #6303
lb0

Quote:
that is some really neat and well thought out stuff
I am very happy that you are actively developing this amazing tool and coming up with great ideas for further improvement.

I'd like to leave this little FR here, when you should have time sometime and if it makes sense to you too: a little "module" that lets you set the I/O-pins and you can insert a plugin/or better a saved strip there, and the pins of the plugin/strip are then set the same as in the pin-module. Like a switcher which changes the pins when switching the strip inside it.

This is useful for example if you have some mid-side stuff with more complex routing going on in a strip and want to try different strips for mids or sides in addition to that.

I have a strip for example where I split the transients and sustain and can then work on those separately (like stereo-width for attack and sustain). But If I want to insert a strip-eq (multiple N4s) for only the side-portion of the sustain, i have to edit all the pins of multiple N4's, and this can get confusing quite quickly
Now, if I want to exchange this eq for another strip-eq it is quite a task.

I know, something was implemented in Mix-mode quite a time ago, but it never worked for me. I reported it back then. Not sure if you had a look at this since then.

But this is not a high priority, and also, only if it makes sense to you too, and if it is not too much to code. Otherwise, feel free to ignore this idea completely

Looking forward to the update when it's ready
Yeah - I'll think about this. It would be useful if you could describe the interface you'd like to see from the users point of view - both to make it functional and flexible. I can then worry about how to integrate and code it into what's already there...

So ideally - how can you envision this 'module' appearing on the GUI with respect to what's already there?
Old 12-06-2019, 05:34 AM   #6304
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Yeah - I'll think about this. It would be useful if you could describe the interface you'd like to see from the users point of view - both to make it functional and flexible. I can then worry about how to integrate and code it into what's already there...

So ideally - how can you envision this 'module' appearing on the GUI with respect to what's already there?
I think the best way would be to make it almost like a strip switcher, where you can choose which strip to put inside it like in a normal switcher, but it has the option to "forward" the I/O-pins to the contained plugins in the inserted strip.

Basically just a strip-switcher on Pin-steroids. Nothing fancy visually.

Thanks a lot for even considering it
Old 12-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #6305
lb0

Quote:
I think the best way would be to make it almost like a strip switcher, where you can choose which strip to put inside it like in a normal switcher, but it has the option to "forward" the I/O-pins to the contained plugins in the inserted strip.

Basically just a strip-switcher on Pin-steroids. Nothing fancy visually.

Thanks a lot for even considering it
Hey Dasombre,

Sorry I've not yet found time to do this one yet - things have been somewhat busy lately.

However - I have now updated Stripper so the new mixer etc is available.

Hopefully it all works ok

You need to update both the resources zip file as well as main Stripper lua file. Using the Update button in settings (if you set it up) does this automatically.

To get the analyser working you have to do a few easy steps first.

* Copy the gfxanalyzer-lbxmod file from LBXCS_resources/lbx_jsfx/ folder to somewhere in your Reaper/Effects folder.

* Then load the LBXCS_resources/LBX_AnalyzerWindow.lua script into your actions menu. Copy its command id onto the clipboard.

* Then - on first push of the Analyzer button in the LBX mixer - it will ask for the command id of the LBX_AnalyzerWindow script - so simply paste it in from the clipboard.

All being well - it should now work ok - and no more setup required. When you get it first working - it's best to close down Stripper and reopen - so the settings get saved (otherwise any crash in Stripper and you'll have to repeat this process).

It requires the latest (or near latest) JS_ReascriptAPI from Julian.

Press M to show/hide the mixer in Dynamic Mode.

Any problems - let me know. I know the analyzer window as mentioned before sometimes obscures other windows - so close it (using the analyzer button) when you don't need it. I'm hoping I can find a nice solution to link it better with the script GUI window - but so far it's not possible.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #6306
grandfougue

Default Dynamic mod

Hello I don't understand everything. Is it possible with dynamic mod to automatically build the strip interface with the controls of a third-party plugin? How to please
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #6307
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
Hello I don't understand everything. Is it possible with dynamic mod to automatically build the strip interface with the controls of a third-party plugin? How to please
It won't create the plugin interfaces for you - far too many factors.

But once you've built a strip for each plugin (using the black dynamic mode default strip cog icon) - it will insert that strip any time it see's the relevant plugin.

Go to about 5mins 30secs in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13pA9neGWzo&t=1041s
Old 12-15-2019, 12:35 PM   #6308
grandfougue

Default Dynamic mod

Thank a other question dont have JS: LBX/LBX-Dummy.jsfx when i lauching the template can you help me please ?
Old 12-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #6309
lb0

Quote:
Thank a other question dont have JS: LBX/LBX-Dummy.jsfx when i lauching the template can you help me please ?
Good question.

There is no dummy jsfx - although if you really want one you can create one (that does nothing). I think I set it to not show the message in future the first time it complained about this if I remember correctly.

I'll check later on... But pretty sure there's no dummy plugin - it just needs something to store the controls before relinking to the edited plugin.

EDIT: Yep - no dummy plugin. If you ever create a strip that has no plugins (just track controls or action triggers or similar) in DM mode - it will ask whether you want to add a dummy plugin - which you must say yes to to make the strip compatible with DM mode. But all it does is add an offline plugin that doesn't exist - but it doesn't need to exist. This is just because without any plugin on the track - Stripper would never know what strip to load if it needs to refresh the strips on a track.

Last edited by lb0; 12-15-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #6310
grandfougue

Default dm mod

i not understand
Old 12-16-2019, 12:53 AM   #6311
lb0

Quote:
i not understand
Looks like you aren't entering EDIT mode from dynamic mode?

Check around 1:15 in the video to set a track to work in DM mode.

Then - when in DM mode - you can change track using either reapers mixer or TCP or buttons at bottom. (NOT using the stripper track list as this will change out of DM mode).

When you get the small black strip appearing for each plugin. Click on the Cog icons to enter edit mode (or right click a switcher and choose EDIT strip).

It is a completely different way of working to what you're probably used to - so you have to get your head around how DM mode works.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #6312
dasombre

Quote:
Hey Dasombre,

Sorry I've not yet found time to do this one yet - things have been somewhat busy lately.

However - I have now updated Stripper so the new mixer etc is available.

Hopefully it all works ok

woohoo, awesome!! Thanks for the mixer & analyzer update.
Will have to take my time to dive in properly and also make backups to not break anything, as I havent yet had the chance to try out dynamic mode and currently in the middle of a project...

No worries about the pins, they will come when it's ready

Thanks a lot for the update!!!
Old 12-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #6313
grandfougue

Default dm mod

Check around 1:15 in the video to set a track to work in DM mode.

Then - when in DM mode - you can change track using either reapers mixer or TCP or buttons at bottom. (NOT using the stripper track list as this will change out of DM mode).

When you get the small black strip appearing for each plugin. Click on the Cog icons to enter edit mode (or right click a switcher and choose EDIT strip).

It is a completely different way of working to what you're probably used to - so you have to get your head around how DM mode works.[/QUOTE]

OK Thank

when i right clic to change background dont have the fonctionnalité in the menue. i do a error ? i have just insert strip favorit and insert channel strip can you help me
Old 12-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #6314
grandfougue

Default dm mod

OK Thank

when i right clic to change background dont have the fonctionnalité in the menue. i do a error ? i have just insert strip favorit and insert channel strip can you help me[/QUOTE]
Old 12-16-2019, 05:57 PM   #6315
grandfougue

OK Thank

when i right clic to change background dont have the fonctionnalité in the menue. i do a error ? i have just insert strip favorit and insert channel strip can you help me please ?
Old 12-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #6316
lb0

Quote:
OK Thank

when i right clic to change background dont have the fonctionnalité in the menue. i do a error ? i have just insert strip favorit and insert channel strip can you help me please ?
Can you post a GIF please - or screenshot? I don't know what menu functionality you are missing?
Old 12-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #6317
grandfougue

Default dm mod

Quote:
Can you post a GIF please - or screenshot? I don't know what menu functionality you are missing?
Old 12-17-2019, 04:15 AM   #6318
lb0

Quote:
Hmmm. Odd.

Can you post me (or PM) a screenshot of your /LBXCS_resources/strips/ folder please?

EDIT: At the moment - the only thing I can think of is some illegal character in one of your strip names or something.

I notice that you only have one strip folder (Arpegiator) - is this correct or should there be more?? If there should be more - check none of your filenames contain a special character such as >.

What happens if you go into the Arpegiator folder in the menu? What does it contain?

EDIT2:

What happens if you backup your entire strip folder somewhere else and then delete the contents of /LBXCS_resources/strips/ folder? Then restart Stripper.

If this works - put back each strip folder one by one (restarting Stripper each time) until you find which one contains the offending file.

Let me know if this helps.

Note: Ensure to backup the favs.txt and plugindefaults.lbx file - and place them back in the folder last as each restart of Stripper may adjust the contents of those files if strips are missing.

Last edited by lb0; 12-17-2019 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #6319
grandfougue

Quote:
Hmmm. Odd.

Can you post me (or PM) a screenshot of your /LBXCS_resources/strips/ folder please?

EDIT: At the moment - the only thing I can think of is some illegal character in one of your strip names or something.

I notice that you only have one strip folder (Arpegiator) - is this correct or should there be more?? If there should be more - check none of your filenames contain a special character such as >.

What happens if you go into the Arpegiator folder in the menu? What does it contain?

EDIT2:

What happens if you backup your entire strip folder somewhere else and then delete the contents of /LBXCS_resources/strips/ folder? Then restart Stripper.

If this works - put back each strip folder one by one (restarting Stripper each time) until you find which one contains the offending file.

Let me know if this helps.

Note: Ensure to backup the favs.txt and plugindefaults.lbx file - and place them back in the folder last as each restart of Stripper may adjust the contents of those files if strips are missing.

thank for your help
Old 12-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #6320
lb0

Quote:

thank for your help
Thanks,

No worries - actually - you've given me two folders either side - can I see the contents of the Strips folder itself - although the Arpegiator one is useful too - but cannot see anything up with it.

Does your strips folder just contain the one Arpegiator folder as in the GIF. There should definitely be other folders in there generated by Stripper...