Old 04-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
SebyMusic
Human being with feelings

Default Console 1 VST3 plugin Stuttering/glitching

Hi, I don't know what to do, when I add on instance of Console1 plugin on a track and I enter into monitor input, I hear the sound stuttering/glitching. As soon as I bypass the plugin, it stopped.
The normal version of the plugin is perfect.
can you help me please?

tks
Seby
Attached Files
File Type: zip Buzzing Problem.zip (446.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: zip Another example.zip (579.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by SebyMusic; 04-10-2019 at 10:56 AM.
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Ramirez

Hi,
I experienced something very similar recently. I thought it was a new system I was setting up (new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and RME Babyface Pro). Previous system (Surface Pro 4) was working fine with the Console 1 VST3, but the new one wasn't.
I realised I was running a newer version of Console 1 on the new system, so I e-mailed Softube explaining the problem and asking if they could send me a link to an older version. They did just that, and now it works fine (the version that works fine for me is 2.4.74). I hope they're looking into it. I suggest you contact them as well so they know a few of us are having problems.

I don't think it's Reaper-specific - I had it happen on different DAWs as well.

Aled
Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
KranVaux

I also have been having glitching/lag/dropout problems with console 1 in Reaper. Took me way too long to track down the culprit at first thinking it may be my computer, interface, etc. Getting ready to contact Softube and let them know, also will ask for that version number you recommended. Hopefully it will rectify the issue for me, really slowing down my work. Just thought I'd hop on the thread here and see if anyone's had any success solving this problem since the last post??
KranVaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:08 PM   #4
Faderjockey

Thank god others have seen this.. I've been in contact with them for about 2 months.. and they don't have an answer.

So far they told me to change anticipative fx processing from 200 to 600 which then of course makes your metering even farther behind then normal Reaper which still isn't fast metering.

I've had to big mixes I had to move that 200 up and even raise my buffer size.
just to get thru mixing them.

but I already had console1 in so needed to complete mix.. when I was done I tested removing them.. set anticipative fx processing back to 200 and put my buffer back done to either 256 or 512 and no glitching.. but soon as I put console 1 back.. glitching again..
Old 05-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #5
KranVaux

Have you tried using the older version 2.4.74 of Console 1?
KranVaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
Faderjockey

I believe so but canít remember.. I asked Softube for old archived site.. and all the versions are newer then what I use to have running successfully.. should have never upgraded.. but in the past I never had trouble with their updates..
I purchased Neve console and when I went to install saw a reminder for console update.. thought why not..sorry I did that.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
stancrump

Default Console 1 2.4.74 download?

Does anybody have a link to this version?
Thanks in advance.
stancrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:03 PM   #8
Ramirez

I'm still having these issues with the latest version of Console 1, which is a shame as the Console 1 Fader looks tempting. I've contacted Softube about this again, and would recommend that you do to if you're having problems.

In the meantime, here's the link I received from Softube with the 2.4.74 version, which works fine for me.

Incidentally, if someone from Softube is around here - if I shouldn't post this on a public forum please let me know and I'll take it down immediately.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7houy89af...N8yIa8ZCa?dl=0
Old 11-19-2019, 07:47 AM   #9
Svama

This problem does only exist on Windows? I’m also having these issues and have already e-mailed Softube. Really bad and slow support. They don’t answer or maybe after weeks. Think I will sell the unit which I love, bit drivers are a real problem!

Does the older version fix the problem for you?
Svama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:36 AM   #10
uksnowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svama View Post
This problem does only exist on Windows? Iím also having these issues and have already e-mailed Softube. Really bad and slow support. They donít answer or maybe after weeks. Think I will sell the unit which I love, bit drivers are a real problem!

Does the older version fix the problem for you?
Is this true? I have been holding off getting Console 1 because of this concern but if it is Mac only then I need not worry. Right?
Old 12-01-2019, 04:49 AM   #11
Ramirez

Iím on Windows 10, Microsoft Surface Pro 6.

Still having the same problems with the latest version, so Iím still using 2.4.74 which works great.

If I get the chance this week Iím going to
test on a couple of different systems.