Old 11-16-2019, 02:12 AM   #81
mikeonb4c
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Davids View Post
Never had any issues with Waves... ever. I've been using them since 2003. Makes me wonder what some people are doing?
Thats easy to answer: being beginners, like we all were once. And for people who are not essentially technical (like me, although I'm not completely dumb on it as I have written - user friendly i was told - applications for non-technical users) it can all be a bit vexing. But great to hear you've had no issues, and the creative me has certainly found their plugins very useful.
mikeonb4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:54 AM   #82
citizenkeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Davids View Post
Never had any issues with Waves... ever. I've been using them since 2003. Makes me wonder what some people are doing?

That's great to hear that you haven't had problems, but why do you assume it's what I'm doing and not Waves?

What was I doing when I upgraded from Gold to Horizon only to find that Waves Central did not upgrade three plugins, and that a handful of plugins were missing from my system after the upgrade? What was I doing when Waves told me to download a 3GB offline installer in order to get those missing plugins back?
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #83
ivansc

now THIS is funny. I just logged into waves main site and it rejected my username/email address and password. Eventually I asked for a password reset and realised what had gone wrong. I recently changed my main email address & had been trying to log in with the old one!

Also opened Waves Central to be greeted by an entirely new "look" although happily no issues with anything.
I feel for you Keith - the reason I was trying to log in was to see if maybe the missing plugins on your upgrade were because you had stuff in gold that wasn`t included in Horizon, a very likely cockup on Waves`s part. Still, if it was that, at least you did eventually get your old missing plugins back.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:50 AM   #84
Valle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
In fairness, that "leaving their shit behind" thing is happily a thingf of the past once you have scoured all the old stuff out by hand. Waves Central seems to be tidying up behind itself like it should.
Such a relief! Once I finally figured that stuff out and did a manual clean out - took me three or four goes to find all the crap - I have had no issues with waves plugins, even when version 11 reared its ugly little head.
Are you referring "thing of the past" to pre V11? Or do you mean earlier than that?
Valle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:42 AM   #85
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle View Post
Are you referring "thing of the past" to pre V11? Or do you mean earlier than that?
From the beginning of Waves Central. I and countless others installed Waves Central having purged all old references to Waves & waves folders, either before installing WC or (in my case) getting all sorts of random requests for waves locations all over my machines which I didn't know were there.
Once I removed them, all has worked 100%.
But it did take some digging to find all those left-overs.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #86
Valle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
From the beginning of Waves Central. I and countless others installed Waves Central having purged all old references to Waves & waves folders, either before installing WC or (in my case) getting all sorts of random requests for waves locations all over my machines which I didn't know were there.
Once I removed them, all has worked 100%.
But it did take some digging to find all those left-overs.
Well, you and countless others may consider yourselves lucky then. The rest of us will have to be seen on as "doin' it wrong", even when we're not.

Recently I bought a new fancy computer (DAW). I installed all my music stuff. Then when it came to Waves: it hangs about halfways (which I JUST KNEW IT WOULD, because it almost always does) and then gives a highly general messages like "An error has occurred ... Please follow troubleshooter ..." (since you've never seen it it doesn't matter exactly what it says). And that "troubleshooter" will then have you manually tracing down all the shit the WC has been spurting out all over the computer – even on a new, before-this-install-fuckup-"old Waves garbage"-free computer.

I ask my self, though: Why doesn't the installer clean its garbage itself? The installer has logs! The installer knows where its temporary shit has been put! I mean ... come on!

That's my point!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #87
ivansc

Did you actually go back and look at the original thread about this, authored by member Heart Doctor, who is the one that first introduced me to all this waves weirdness & helped me conquer it.
Sorry you are still having issues with it all, but unless by some strange quirk of fate you happen to live close to Cambridge, UK I cant do much more to point you toward a possible solution. FWIW Waves support, as far as I have experienced it, are not a huge amount of help.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #88
Valle

Sorry, my intentions were not to be disrespectful to you. My post came out a little too "frustrated", I guess.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:07 AM   #89
ivansc

Not at all! Having just had my epic set-to with Microsoft over the 1903 update, I fully understand where you are coming from.

I just got reunited with an old, old friend who has recently adopted reaper & is having a few problems. He has the luxury of having me on his doorstep to help, which was all I meant when I was wishing you qwere closer to me or vice versa. So easy when you can lean across the keyboard & show a buddy what is going wrong & why.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #90
Thurgood Hemlock

Default Waves Plugins Don't Appear

for some reason the waves update made most of my waves plugins disappear, only around 20 out of more than 200 show up. they still appear fine in my other DAWs. if some could please help me correct this issue as I am new to REAPER (less than a month) but I really like it already. Thanks Thurgood
Thurgood Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #91
JohnnyMusic

Could you post a few details for people so they might be able to determine if they can help?
Your system, waves versions etc.
First stop if you haven't tried is go to options, preferences, plugins, vst, and try rescan, and if that doesn't work clear cache and rescan, and go from there. Also waves website may have some pointers for you.
Good luck.
JohnnyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #92
JohnnyMusic

Default Speaking of Waves

I started to download the free distortion plugin, then remembered it was v11 and they are only supported on windows 10, and I am on windows 8.1. Reaper supports all the way back to XP or something, and Waves can only support the current windows version. So I can only use a new waves plugin if I am running windows 10. Why can't they support earlier OSs with their new plugins?
JohnnyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote