Old 02-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #601
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFRXST View Post
Stop trying to stifle ideas and progress.
Progress is driven by dedicated doable feature request but not by a global "I don't like .... ".
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-21-2018 at 11:10 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #602
woogish

simple 2 way MIDI communication for controllers such as BCR2000. That's all.
I'm a registered user who will be sticking to V5 until above is implemented.
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #603
mschnell

You might want to check out this thread -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143 for a very promising extension that will provide perfect controller integration.

-Michael
Old 02-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #604
machinesworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Progress is driven by dedicated doable feature request but not by a global "I don't like .... ".
-Michael
I get what you're saying, so here's my start, and you'll see a lot of these fall into user experience, or design decisions that I'm obviously not alone in thinking could be improved:

1. The always open FX chain on the side of open FX and instrument plug in windows. It's always white, clashes with every Theme in Reaper. It's not closable... It IMO should open and close on the side of the plug in if so desired. Screen real estate is compromised in Reaper compared to other DAWs because of this.

2. The track control panels for a track show the Input to the right and sometimes to the left of the I/O panel where the freaking output for the track is, as well as sends etc. The thing just bounces all over the place when you resize it. There are themes that don't do this, and IMO for beginners this is an issue, a "Where's Waldo?" with track input..

3. The color chooser for coloring a track if you want specific colors for specific tracks closes, every, single, time, you, choose, a, color. Not a thing can be done about it without applying scripts.

4. The default for the MIDI Editor is the pencil tool, there's no tool pallet, so you have to guess that it might be possible to get rid of this behavior. Yeah, there's no tool pallet, but various tool pallet type functions are there, and you can eventually assign key commands to them, but you're not getting a nice floating pallet like you can in Logic and DP. Big extra step in learning the software. This is also a flaw IMO of Ableton Live.

5. There's not a single way I can find to adjust the various track and edit grid sizes up and down a single grid size. The only option seems to be to set key commands for every grid size and learn them, or make buttons for every possible grid size.

6. Reaper is the only DAW I know of that doesn't allow an empty MIDI Editor to be opened without creating an empty "MIDI Item". Because of this behavior I'm assuming, an open MIDI editor isn't savable as a Screen Set, even with a track with an empty MIDI Item in it.

7. This could be a bug but if it is, it's cross platform. The main Arrange Page is not dominant over MIDI Editor and Mixer Windows, even when those windows are not 'pinned'. No bringing the Arrangement to the forefront without closing that window or moving it off that screen.

These are off the top of my head, and yeah some of them are fixable with scripts, some aren't or don't seem to be. I think it's obvious why someone starting out in a wonderfully complex, full featured DAW like Reaper would look at these issues of UI and UX and think that there is an issue with design or 'standards', not as in the look, but the end user experience.

There are other areas that Reaper is very complex in, that aren't obvious to a new user that have specific reasons for being so, that are 'good design' even though they aren't 100% user friendly when you first approach Reaper. Like the way you can patch in sends drag and drop style to a new empty track to create an FX bus for instance. Not talking about that at all. Anyway I agree this is a much more useful way to post this than talking about standards, because obviously if you're used to something being a certain way, it becomes a standard whether it's intuitive, or practical.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:40 AM   #605
mschnell

Thanks for pointing out dedicatedly possible improvements !

I hope somebody "in charge" listens to evaluate your points ...

-Michael
Old 02-23-2018, 04:04 AM   #606
fuseburn

I'd love to have track-based edit groups (so-called ProTools style), just like in my feature request from many years ago (see signature) ;-) !
Old 02-23-2018, 04:17 AM   #607
suleiman

Get us closer to God.

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #608
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
I get what you're saying, so here's my start, and you'll see a lot of these fall into user experience, or design decisions that I'm obviously not alone in thinking could be improved:

1. The always open FX chain on the side of open FX and instrument plug in windows. It's always white, clashes with every Theme in Reaper. It's not closable... It IMO should open and close on the side of the plug in if so desired. Screen real estate is compromised in Reaper compared to other DAWs because of this.
You can easily float plugin windows. You can also open them by right clicking FX button, and selecting the one you want, and the FX chain never opens in that case. You can also cycle through plugins with key strokes. I have my mouse set to open the top most plugin of selected track, which is often the instrument on that track, and I also have others for cycling.

Quote:
4. The default for the MIDI Editor is the pencil tool, there's no tool pallet, so you have to guess that it might be possible to get rid of this behavior. Yeah, there's no tool pallet, but various tool pallet type functions are there, and you can eventually assign key commands to them, but you're not getting a nice floating pallet like you can in Logic and DP. Big extra step in learning the software. This is also a flaw IMO of Ableton Live.
Idk what you mean about tool pallet or whatever. I also don't know what you mean about defaulting to a draw tool. I guess it does default to draw on empty space, but idk what else you'd want to do there.

Quote:
5. There's not a single way I can find to adjust the various track and edit grid sizes up and down a single grid size. The only option seems to be to set key commands for every grid size and learn them, or make buttons for every possible grid size.
my '[' and ']' buttons go up and down grid size one notch at a time. I also have a toolbar at the top, which has musical note buttons up to 16ths I think, so I can visually see which is lit and I know my size is, and I can also jump directly to whatever size I want with a mouse click.

Quote:
There are other areas that Reaper is very complex in, that aren't obvious to a new user that have specific reasons for being so, that are 'good design' even though they aren't 100% user friendly when you first approach Reaper. Like the way you can patch in sends drag and drop style to a new empty track to create an FX bus for instance. Not talking about that at all. Anyway I agree this is a much more useful way to post this than talking about standards, because obviously if you're used to something being a certain way, it becomes a standard whether it's intuitive, or practical.
Reaper is very customizable. A lot of it isn't obvious. I am not familiar with all your problems, so I dont' know all the solutions, but I think you will be able to solve most things by asking this forum how. Scripts are sometimes necessary, but I use very few scripts, and almost always find a way to get reaper to work how I'd like.

Some things are just the way reaper works, and you can't change that. Like opening a midi editor without a midi file. Reaper doesn't work that way. If you want a screenset like that, you could maybe get your default track template to start with a midi item already, and the midi editor open where you want it.

Reaper won't be obvious and how you want it out of the box, but it can bend very well to your will to suit your workflow. It just needs a little elbow grease.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:26 PM   #609
Aixmusique

Default Expression Maps

For use with Kontakt 5 Libraries especially the orchestral ones we need articulation management, something like Expression Maps in Cubase.
Aixmusique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:39 PM   #610
mschnell

There are several tracks about that, and some scripts supporting similar features, but AFAIK, a Reaper-built in articulation management has confirmed to be planned.

-Michael
Old 02-26-2018, 03:48 AM   #611
LIL_Pay_Pay

Quote:
-Michael
Maybe try using your left brain a bit more when on a music forum.
No one came here for your philosophy lessons, nor the condescending hidden belittlements.

you are trolling these people. you say little and then you piss them off until they write a whole paper on why they want a to a feature. You might not think you are trolling but it is very obvious that you are.

Did you not see the title of the thread? It is called " what are YOUR THOUGHTS on reaper 6.

This means to MOST people "Lets have a discussion about what we as individual people would like to see in REAPER 6"

Did you understand what the title meant that?

I think you did. You understood the title clearly and then came in here to demand that people request features within your format. UH No.

You see "Most" people don't mind hearing new ideas or or different perspectives, this is how humans INNOVATE. By blocking discussion with your trolling you are trying to block us from innovating.

I see a lot of that on the reaper forums.

Also to the person who basically saidn " No I want Reaper TO Stay the Same ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!'

Come on man, no one is trying to take your thing away from you. You can have your thing and have options that you don't need too use and it will not effect your thing.
LIL_Pay_Pay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:08 AM   #612
emarsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL_Pay_Pay View Post
Maybe try using your left brain a bit more when on a music forum.
No one came here for your philosophy lessons, nor the condescending hidden belittlements.

you are trolling these people. you say little and then you piss them off until they write a whole paper on why they want a to a feature. You might not think you are trolling but it is very obvious that you are.

Did you not see the title of the thread? It is called " what are YOUR THOUGHTS on reaper 6.

This means to MOST people "Lets have a discussion about what we as individual people would like to see in REAPER 6"

I think you did. You understood the title clearly and then came in here to demand that people request features within your format. UH No.

You see "Most" people don't mind hearing new ideas or or different perspectives, this is how humans INNOVATE. By blocking discussion with your trolling you are trying to block us from innovating.

I see a lot of that on the reaper forums.

Also to the person who basically saidn " No I want Reaper TO Stay the Same ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!'

Come on man, no one is trying to take your thing away from you. You can have your thing and have options that you don't need too use and it will not effect your thing.
+1 on about everything.
There's definitely a tendency from some people on this forum to basically answer "I don't need this so you shouldn't too" to about any feature or improvement request.
emarsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:32 AM   #613
ChristopherT

+1

A certain member here acts like he thinks he is the: Ideas & Request Police.
Painful.
ChristopherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #614
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL_Pay_Pay View Post
Maybe I in fact did not.

For me it means starting a discussion about assumptions what Cockos might plan for v6 (based on the well known set of feature requests and the recent discussions on those).

But not for requesting any additional features. This is what the "Feature Request" forum has been created for.

-Michael
Old 02-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #615
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT View Post
Painful.
Did you read the following discussion with machinesworking ? I think that rather decent stuff has been worked out by discussing the dedicated distinguishable points he offered.

-Michael
Old 02-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #616
machinesworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
You can easily float plugin windows. You can also open them by right clicking FX button, and selecting the one you want, and the FX chain never opens in that case. You can also cycle through plugins with key strokes. I have my mouse set to open the top most plugin of selected track, which is often the instrument on that track, and I also have others for cycling.
Thanks for the replies! I'll be using the right click trick for sure, I still think it would be cool if the FX Chain was open/closable but this saves some screen real estate.

Quote:
Idk what you mean about tool pallet or whatever. I also don't know what you mean about defaulting to a draw tool. I guess it does default to draw on empty space, but idk what else you'd want to do there.
select the midi notes you already have in the editor, but that's right click, I don't know how many times I created a note and dragged it to some huge size before realizing Reaper works differently here than Live, Logic etc. etc.
As far as a tool pallet, Logic, Cubase, DP etc. all have floating tool pallets that have the most common tools for the open edit window: slice, glue, erase, pencil, mute, brushes etc. It's a time saver when you're first learning a program, and makes a lot of sense for things you don't always use to also be included etc. This seems like something you could cook up with the buttons in Reaper. I don't think it would be a bad idea if it was already there for people though.

Quote:
my '[' and ']' buttons go up and down grid size one notch at a time. I also have a toolbar at the top, which has musical note buttons up to 16ths I think, so I can visually see which is lit and I know my size is, and I can also jump directly to whatever size I want with a mouse click.
OK you must have set that up yourself because it doesn't do jack here. Could you do me a favor and look up the Action you assigned to the '[' and ']' keys? Could not find anything to raise and lower the grid one notch at a time. I really could use this!

Quote:
Reaper is very customizable. A lot of it isn't obvious. I am not familiar with all your problems, so I dont' know all the solutions, but I think you will be able to solve most things by asking this forum how. Scripts are sometimes necessary, but I use very few scripts, and almost always find a way to get reaper to work how I'd like.
Oh for sure, I get this, Reaper after just a month of pecking around in it, it's obvious it's going to be where I do most of my work. Little things like the way you can set for instance my hardware synths to be controlled by a few midi tracks and an audio track for playback, all grouped together and hidden with the main note midi track on top and visible. Anything I've said about little things like the weirdness of FX chains being the de facto way you address plug ins takes a back seat to the parts of Reaper that are VERY well thought out!

Quote:
Some things are just the way reaper works, and you can't change that. Like opening a midi editor without a midi file. Reaper doesn't work that way. If you want a screenset like that, you could maybe get your default track template to start with a midi item already, and the midi editor open where you want it.
Tried that, when opening that template again Reaper closes the open MIDI editor. Not the end of the world, just odd.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:05 AM   #617
Merkury

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
So,
the numbers are ticking towards a Reaper v.6
It's on the horizon somewhere.

If you where CEO for the dev-team,
what would you focus on for next major version?

I'd rework the Midi Editor and see what's missing compared, for instance, to some older DAWs I'd make it more user friendly .
Merkury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #618
DuX

How about rectifying this annoying "feature" first. When I call a MIDI track "bass", the recorded MIDI is called "bass", not stupid "bass untitled MIDI item"? So everything I record is called "[name] untitled MIDI item". It should be called "untitled MIDI item" only when I leave the track name empty. Isn't that logical? That's so ridiculous and annoying, because a pedant like me will spend a lot of time deleting and naming the MIDI patterns as it is. Every new MIDI pattern recorded has this annoying "untitled MIDI item" on it. Rectifying that omission would be really nice and a huge time saver.

It would be really nice if the developers rectified that as soon as possible, actually, not waiting for v6... Thanks! I'm using Reaper 5.62.

Or point me to an option 9876 where I can disable automated naming. Finding your way through Reaper's options is a nightmare, no matter the search function.

Last edited by DuX; 03-18-2018 at 05:29 PM.
DuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #619
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuX View Post
the recorded MIDI is called "bass", not stupid "bass untitled MIDI item"? So everything I record is called "[name] untitled MIDI item". It should be called "untitled MIDI item" only when I leave the track name empty. Isn't that logical?
i agree ! maybe ask in feature request forum .
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #620
sickamorz
Banned

I have been using reaper since version 4.
But now between 5.60 and the most current version reaper seems to get more sluggish.

When it becomes version 6 time I think I will stay with version 5
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:47 AM   #621
funkycornwall

I have not noticed any slowing down but you are perfectly entitled to remain with REAPER 5 if you prefer. Personally I am very happy to continue enjoying the development of this great software.
funkycornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:31 AM   #622
sickamorz
Banned

Default Wish reaper was modular

What I mean is that you could choose not to install some of the features, making its size smaller when you don't use some of the features.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #623
Vagelis

What i would like to see when Reaper 6 comes is:
1)Min-max option for macros
2)Another stretch algorythm similar to window where you can automate the grain size
3)More options for automation items like an adsr envelope to smooth or change shapes, fade in-out similar to items and possibility to paint shapes relative to the grid
4)More options in mouse modifiers for right click and wheel and an option to paint similar to midi notes but for the arrange
5)A drag n drop granular sampler
6)More options for toolbars like drop down menu and another way to arm actions on toolbar like to choose two actions for a button instead of one,e.g one assigned to left click and one to right.this can be handy to reduce the number of buttons on toolbar and to have possibility to assign two similar actions with a button

Last edited by Vagelis; 03-19-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Vagelis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #624
The-Zeronaut

I would appreciate a little more effort on the day-to-day routine things that a music studio requires and less focus on impressive nerdy stuff.

Spectral editing is fucking amazing but i would kill it in a second in exchange of a simple metronome with subdivisions.

A better integrated native solution to drum editing like Studio One has (or pro tools beat detective).

There are workarounds and scripts that can get you close but that overcomplicates things for the user and its far from perfect as you cant select a couple of tracks to be the "guide", put/delete Hit points/markers wherever you like or select the degree/percentage of quantization of the hits. (all of this is done in a small tool bar in Studio One)
The-Zeronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:16 AM   #625
Flavio

Default Punch in

Apologies in case someone already told about this (too many posts to check...)

I'd like to have the ability to set the PUNCH IN point only, with no obligation to set the punch out too.

Thanks!
Flavio
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #626
Zargon the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
Apologies in case someone already told about this (too many posts to check...)

I'd like to have the ability to set the PUNCH IN point only, with no obligation to set the punch out too.

Thanks!
Flavio
Isn't preroll this?
Zargon the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #627
Gianfini

Advanced groove management

Advanced wave quantization

ARA integration

Better track freeze: frozen tracks indicator, access to frozen track fx

Native tracks tagging

Native tracks notes

Advanced track inspector

SWS update and integration
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:29 AM   #628
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuX View Post
How about rectifying this annoying "feature" first. When I call a MIDI track "bass", the recorded MIDI is called "bass", not stupid "bass untitled MIDI item"? So everything I record is called "[name] untitled MIDI item". It should be called "untitled MIDI item" only when I leave the track name empty. Isn't that logical? That's so ridiculous and annoying, because a pedant like me will spend a lot of time deleting and naming the MIDI patterns as it is. Every new MIDI pattern recorded has this annoying "untitled MIDI item" on it. Rectifying that omission would be really nice and a huge time saver.

It would be really nice if the developers rectified that as soon as possible, actually, not waiting for v6... Thanks! I'm using Reaper 5.62.

Or point me to an option 9876 where I can disable automated naming. Finding your way through Reaper's options is a nightmare, no matter the search function.
That's why I made a shortcut with this script :
Mordi_Set selected items active takes name to track name.lua
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:52 AM   #629
mamazai

1. Sends and track outputs must use separate paths.
2. Tuner and Performance meter things in toolbar.
3. Real toolbar like other DAWs.
4. Alphabetic slots
5. Pro tools style playlist
6. Better zoom and cursor
7. Ruler (pro tools)
8. Shortcuts that work when fx window is selected
9. The page should only move up or down when moving up and down with the mouse on the Arrange page. I need better mouse movements.
10. Edit & Mix Groups
11. Multi-Mono Fx
12. Logarithmic real meters, not toy.
13. Real GUI
14. Track changing on the fx window
15. Selected Fx and its highlighted track
16. Pro tools style track notes
17. Arranger Track (studio one), Chord Track (cubase)

Last edited by mamazai; 07-27-2018 at 12:11 PM.
mamazai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #630
farjedi

I'd like to see a blue cat/plogue style modular interface for track fx, either replacing the current slot view or as an option. I'd like to see some control blocks such as LFO, ENV, Random, Step, Gate etc to replace the current options. These can all be added graphically and wired into any part or side of the chain. Feedback loops for individual plugins would also be cool. Not to mention setting plugins to Pre/Post fader.

Imagine the possibilities for creativity and experimentation. Things that would take a serious amount of automation to be achieved can be programmed and stored for future use.

I'd like to see a view for Key Commands like Karibiner Elements. Here a large graphic of your qwerty appears including labels of key commands. When you hit Shift, or Cntrl Shift, it toggles to show which key commands are on which keys. This might make it easier to programme, organise, and keep track of key commands. A bit in the future when E-ink keyboards become the norm, some kind of compatibility with Reaper without 3rd party software would be awesome to.

One SWS that needs to be incorporated into the Midi editor and also the main Grid, is groove templates. Custom grooves should be easy to store and implement. Audio should be able to be analysed divided into split points and the groove extracted, as well as standard Rex file and midi implementation.

For music production, it would be nice to have more creative arrangement methods. Something borrowed from Ableton but it would be able to have a 'jam' mode. Where if you have an 8 bar loop or something of all your elements things can be muted in and out to get a feel for the arrangement and the results will be mapped out in a separate arrange page.

I suppose my wants are typically slanted towards electronic music making. Having used Reaper once before for a full band record my only thing I wanted was the pigsty of Audio lanes automatically splitting previous takes to be perfect. I hope that changes, if it hasn't already.
farjedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:50 AM   #631
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
Get us closer to God.
Whose God? So many different versions out there and all their supporters claim theirs is THE ONE.
But even I as an atheist agree that it would be very nice if we could all get better at
trying to become good people.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #632
dupont

real drum map as cubase
shortcut to hide/show send/FX from Mixer view
more modulation parameter options
Scratch pad (as Studio one)
master volume slider/midi note and hardware controler playing in transport view
Higher midi grid resolution (view more bars when zoom in note resolution is 1/16 th)
Midi tranformer
Controler datas in midi editor curved/line shape instead of bars
New GUI
Icon shorcut in TCP and midi editor to open plugin intrument
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #633
Travesty

Quote:

This is because reaper uses a predominantly tool free interface, the tools are accessed via modifiers, which means less mousing.

It is only an extra step if you come from a program like logic, and in that case you are free to set up a toolbar.
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:09 AM   #634
dePUNDIT

Brand new good looking modern UI for Reaper and also new UI for the ReaPlugs and MIDI Editor or at the very least, make ReaPlugs and the MIDI Editor 100% themable. Most of the issue I have with Reaper has to do with its lack of aesthetics in appearance as most clients seem to think it's of less standard and quality than ever other DAW out there.

ReaTune should get a proper and befitting UI.

Please stop the FX Rack from popping up every single time or at least make it thermals so that it can be aesthetically improved.
dePUNDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:36 AM   #635
HugoRibeiroDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePUNDIT View Post
Brand new good looking modern UI for Reaper and also new UI for the ReaPlugs and MIDI Editor or at the very least, make ReaPlugs and the MIDI Editor 100% themable. Most of the issue I have with Reaper has to do with its lack of aesthetics in appearance as most clients seem to think it's of less standard and quality than ever other DAW out there.
I completely agree!
Even though you can change the themes, a default great looking theme would be great and would probably pull in more new users. I know functionality and sound are a DAW's most important traits, but when you're looking at it for hours every day it has to be something that inspires you besides the functionality.

cheers
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:44 AM   #636
Jason Lyon

Quote:

ReaTune should get a proper and befitting UI.

Please stop the FX Rack from popping up every single time or at least make it thermals so that it can be aesthetically improved.
I agree - sort of. I don't think there's anything wrong with REAPER's baseline UI - completely skinnable. Does anyone actually use the default? But it's rather silly that the stock plugins can't be themed too. Just editable colours and optional background texture image would help a lot.

MIDI Editor has some functional wrinkles, but I don't mind it visually. You can make a few changes with the tweak theme action.

I know what you mean about the FX rack. But fixing that would be a bit problematic when dealing with chains. Perhaps a Preference entry to open last used FX or chain and a toggle button on the floating window.
Jason Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:57 AM   #637
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
Also is it possible to get rid of, or have that plug in side window closed? It's definitely one of those Reaper only WTF? things. It's useful I guess? but when I want to look at my plug in chain I just go to the mixing window.

All plugin windows will be framed like this:

and if you so desire, you will be able to open the old-style plugin window frame, including the chain view, using the appropriate button in the mixer. But like you say, usually there is no need for it, as you can see the chain right in the mixer.
Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:18 AM   #638
mschnell

Quote:
Brand new good looking modern UI for Reaper
Great !
I also want a brand new good looking modern UI for Reaper.

But unfortunately it looks and works completely different from that that you have in mind .

Of course improvements in theming options might be desirable, to have friendly co-user publish multiple different brand new good looking modern UIs for Reaper.

-Michael
Old 03-30-2018, 04:24 AM   #639
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
I also want a brand new good looking modern UI for Reaper.

But unfortunately it looks and works completely different from that that you have in mind .
Describe it in detail, please. The modern UI you want, the way it would look and work, I mean.
Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:01 AM   #640
Krisena

I'm not sure what "modern" UI entails. The way I see it, Reaper is more or less perfect in that regard. It's minimalistic and easy on the eyes. Not an overwhelming mess of colors that other DAWs have a tendency to have.
Krisena is offline   Reply With Quote