Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 09-24-2018, 08:04 AM   #81
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
Thanks. We need to start a fund to get someone to write a VST/AU plugin for SMD! Or maybe I should try using the sforzando version. It's definitely worth the trouble.
Ha ha, well, that's a pretty expensive proposition. I think Kontakt is the best platform for it, and yes, the
sfrzando version is the one I recommend if you don't have Kontakt, it has DFD mode and uses way less memory, you
can easily use the full kit without any problems.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 03:13 PM   #82
Sagittary

Hi everyone!
I'm fascinated by this project but for the life of me, I can't get this set to run. I managed to get the reaper version (all others require access permit) but when I open the project template, There's no Reasamplonic5k, and by golly I can't even tell where are the sounds coming from when you just press play.

Would be awesome if someone gave pointers to what's up with this intriguing sample library. I know it's been a while, but hopefully...
Sagittary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 03:25 AM   #83
dahya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm fascinated by this project but for the life of me, I can't get this set to run. I managed to get the reaper version (all others require access permit) but when I open the project template, There's no Reasamplonic5k, and by golly I can't even tell where are the sounds coming from when you just press play.

Would be awesome if someone gave pointers to what's up with this intriguing sample library. I know it's been a while, but hopefully...
I believe that the drum tracks are hidden, so go to View - > Track Manager, and un-hide them.
dahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #84
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
Hi everyone!

Were you able to get all the reaper files Sagittary? If you did then you should have some project files that have everything loaded.

I'm assuming you downloaded from this link?
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=150868
Old 06-23-2022, 05:21 AM   #85
Diamondrecords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Were you able to get all the reaper files Sagittary? If you did then you should have some project files that have everything loaded.

I'm assuming you downloaded from this link?

Hi, Do you know where I can get the manual? I downloaded the files from the SM drum website and click the link to grant acess to the manual but never got a response. Does anyone have the 21 page manual or is there anotherway to get it?.

I got the project file template from the SM drum website. I see here that there is a template for the stereo samples (on the first page of this forum). It also take me to a page to have access. Is it possible to get the project template file as well?

Thanks

Last edited by Diamondrecords; 06-23-2022 at 07:43 AM.
Diamondrecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #86
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondrecords View Post
Hi, Do you know where I can get the manual? I downloaded the files from the SM drum website and click the link to grant acess to the manual but never got a response. Does anyone have the 21 page manual or is there anotherway to get it?.

I got the project file template from the SM drum website. I see here that there is a template for the stereo samples (on the first page of this forum). It also take me to a page to have access. Is it possible to get the project template file as well?

Thanks
what version are you wanting Diamondrecords?

I think you would be better off getting everything from this link.

If you have any problems let me know.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:09 PM   #87
Diamondrecords

Quote:
what version are you wanting Diamondrecords?

I think you would be better off getting everything from this link.

If you have any problems let me know.

Hi Tod, I am missing the SM Drums stereo drums (sample) and also SM Drums for reaper project files for RS5k.

Both of those links tae me to a google drive that requires acess. I sent the acces request but got no confirmation by mail as stated on the link.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2022, 07:56 PM   #88
Tod

Quote:
Hi Tod, I am missing the SM Drums stereo drums (sample) and also SM Drums for reaper project files for RS5k.

Both of those links tae me to a google drive that requires acess. I sent the acces request but got no confirmation by mail as stated on the link.

Thanks
Okay, I'll check that out and get back.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:19 PM   #89
Tod

Quote:
Okay, I'll check that out and get back.
Do these work for you?

SMDrums STereo (Samples).zip>>===========
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...zjG0pF0jzgn0BA

SMDrums Reaper Proj files.zip>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...zFgfp7HD3HNzmw

I don't know why the links on that page aren't working, I just checked them and they are setup so that anyone with the link can get them.

So were these all that you needed?
Old 06-25-2022, 03:09 AM   #90
ivansc

I just tried them & even signed into my google account, I got the "we`re sorry but" message on both of them.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:10 PM   #91
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
I just tried them & even signed into my google account, I got the "we`re sorry but" message on both of them.
Thank you my friend, I just checked for the 3rd time and they are all set up with "Anyone who has the link" can access them.

I have an account for my Google drive and I just contacted them. Hopefully this will get cleared up.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:56 PM   #92
Diamondrecords

Quote:
Do these work for you?

SMDrums STereo (Samples).zip>>===========
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...zjG0pF0jzgn0BA

SMDrums Reaper Proj files.zip>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...zFgfp7HD3HNzmw

I don't know why the links on that page aren't working, I just checked them and they are setup so that anyone with the link can get them.

So were these all that you needed?

Hi Tod, the new link works. yes that's all I was missing. Thank you very much
Old 06-25-2022, 10:45 PM   #93
Tod

Quote:
Hi Tod, the new link works. yes that's all I was missing. Thank you very much
Great I'm glad you got them.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:35 AM   #94
ivansc

Yay! Both links working fine now, Tod. Thanks!

I plan on trying them in my linux setup first....
Old 06-26-2022, 07:37 AM   #95
Glennbo

Quote:

I use the SFZ version of SM_Drums in Linux.

Opening them in the free native Linux (or Windows/Mac) VST3 player, "Sfizz", lets me adjust a lot of parameters, such as pitch, pan, volume, decay, Etc. This also works on my Raspberry Pi 4.

Edit: I decided to see if I could get separate outputs from the SFZ version of SM_Drums in Sfizz, and by adding the "output=" opcode to each of the "mappings" files, I'm now getting six outputs. This is an example of the additional "output" opcode I added to the file "smdrums_sfz_ride17tip.sfz", which puts it on the 6th output of Sfizz (or whatever multi-output SFZ player you might use).

Code:
ampeg_sustain_oncc$RI17D=-100
ampeg_sustain_curvecc$RI17D=7
output=5
I now have SM Drums on separate tracks for Kick, Snare, Rack Toms, Floor Toms, HiHat, and Cymbals.

Last edited by Glennbo; 07-02-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:31 PM   #96
Tod

Quote:

Aah, okay, so it's working now, thanks Ivan.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:34 PM   #97
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
I use the SFZ version of SM_Drums in Linux.

Opening them in the free native Linux (or Windows/Mac) VST3 player, "Sfizz", lets me adjust a lot of parameters, such as pitch, pan, volume, decay, Etc. This also works on my Raspberry Pi 4.

Edit: I decided to see if I could get separate outputs from the SFZ version of SM_Drums in Sfizz, and by adding the "output=" opcode to each of the "mappings" files, I'm now getting six outputs. This is an example of the additional "output" opcode I added to the file "smdrums_sfz_ride17tip.sfz", which puts it on the 6th output of Sfizz (or whatever multi-output SFZ player you might use).

Code:
ampeg_sustain_oncc$RI17D=-100
ampeg_sustain_curvecc$RI17D=7
output=5
I now have SM Drums on separate tracks for Kick, Snare, Rack Toms, Floor Toms, HiHat, and Cymbals.

Wow Clennbo, that looks complicated, cool, but complicated.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:10 AM   #98
Glennbo

Quote:
Wow Clennbo, that looks complicated, cool, but complicated.
One thing I found is that closing it and reopening it, the SM_Drums files were overriding my settings for volumes and pitches, so last night I sat down on my V-Drums and one by one, set the pitches specifically of the toms, plus the note numbers and volumes of just about everything, by modifying the individual .sfz files.

My V-Drums are for the most part sending General Midi standard note values out, so I remapped SM_Drums via editing jillions of .sfz files, to match. My hihat, which is a dual trigger pad, now has four samples assigned, with two degrees of open and two degrees of closed on the center or rim of the pad.

Another test I'm going to try today is to remove all the hard coded volumes, pitches and other attributes from the .sfz files, and see if the Sfizz player can set them and remember them, which would be easier to deal with.

Sfizz can do 8 stereo outputs and is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux here:

https://sfz.tools/sfizz/downloads

Old 06-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #99
Glennbo

After more tweaking of all the .sfz files, I have got them sounding like this when played from my V-Drums using Sfizz as the sample player.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14454106

Unfortunately, the only way to make changes that stick, seems to be in the .sfz files themselves. In Sfizz, I can make changes to pitch, volume, pan, decay, Etc., but saving it both in Sfizz and the project in REAPER results in always reverting to what the .sfz files have in them, so I just edited almost every one of them to arrive at the balance and tuning of the above test with V-Drums.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:19 PM   #100
Tod

Quote:
Sfizz can do 8 stereo outputs and is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux here:

https://sfz.tools/sfizz/downloads
Thanks for the url Glennbo, what all exactly are in this download package?

Quote:
After more tweaking of all the .sfz files, I have got them sounding like this when played from my V-Drums using Sfizz as the sample player.

https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14454106

Unfortunately, the only way to make changes that stick, seems to be in the .sfz files themselves. In Sfizz, I can make changes to pitch, volume, pan, decay, Etc., but saving it both in Sfizz and the project in REAPER results in always reverting to what the .sfz files have in them, so I just edited almost every one of them to arrive at the balance and tuning of the above test with V-Drums.
They sound great Glennbo.

Regarding the sfz files, it's great that you've figured out how to do that. I always use the Kontakt version, so I wasn't aware that certain settings were built in to the sfz files.

Thanks again Glennbo.
Old 06-27-2022, 01:49 PM   #101
Glennbo

Quote:
Thanks for the url Glennbo, what all exactly are in this download package?
It's just a free SFZ player, somewhat like sForzando. If you load the SFZ version of SM_Drums in it, they will play right off the bat, and the player is cross-platform, for Windows, Mac, and a native Linux version.

Quote:
They sound great Glennbo.
Thanks Tod, it's your samples that play a giant role in the sound of that clip. Mostly I remapped the keys to be more General Midi mappings, since my V-Drums adhere to the spec somewhat, but I did also tune the toms to match the small acoustic kit of Ludwig drums sitting right behind me, plus messed with the balance of the hihat samples to work better with the V-Drums HiHat.

Quote:
Regarding the sfz files, it's great that you've figured out how to do that. I always use the Kontakt version, so I wasn't aware that certain settings were built in to the sfz files.

Thanks again Glennbo.
I saw in the credits that you did the samples and someone else did the SFZ programming. This is the first time I've messed with tweaking any .sfz files, and there are a LOT of them in the SFZ version of SM_Drums. Great sounding samples BTW.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:23 PM   #102
PMan

Greetings Tod.

I'm getting the "You Need Access" prompt when trying to download the samples. I sent an access request earlier this afternoon.

I'm on Linux too, and looking forward to working with this amazing collection of samples.

Thanks in advance!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:48 AM   #103
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
Greetings Tod.

I'm getting the "You Need Access" prompt when trying to download the samples. I sent an access request earlier this afternoon.

I'm on Linux too, and looking forward to working with this amazing collection of samples.

Thanks in advance!
Hi PMan, where did you try to download from and which version did you want?

I don't know what's going on with google in respect to my drive, I've gone through twice and set the links to "Anyone with the link" but it continues to keep changing on me.

Let me know what you want and I'll set up direct links.
Old 07-31-2022, 11:31 AM   #104
PMan

Hi Tod!

I tried to download from the first post of this thread https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=150868

I was able to download the snare_HyB_stereo samples, and the SMDrums stereo drums (in the Reaper and RS5K section), but not the cymbals, and not the SMDrums Multi Mic (I want to experiment with those...). It's odd that some links work, and others don't. I tried again just now, and only the snare_HyB_stereo link works. All of the others don't.

Google is great except when it doesn't work right. It would be great if you could just "set and forget" and have Drive work like you want it to. Alas, we are all grains of sand on the beach of Google users...

I'll be out of town and away from my main machine for a few days, so I won't be able to give any more feedback until the end of the week.

Anyway, thanks for this amazing contribution to the community!

Old 08-01-2022, 08:17 PM   #105
Tod

Quote:
I tried to download from the first post of this thread https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=150868
Okay PMan, or anyone else, I've reset the links and hopefully they will work now.

Since it's my drive, there's no way for me to test the links out, so let me know if you have any problems.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:01 AM   #106
Tod

Quote:
Okay PMan, or anyone else, I've reset the links and hopefully they will work now.
Okay everything should be good with all links working.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:22 PM   #107
PMan

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm still not able to download from the links.

I don't understand... the google drive page has three vertical dots, I click on them and a "Details" link is displayed. I click on details and it says
Sharing: anyone with link can view.
Downloads: Viewers can download.

Seems like it should work, but I still can't download. Maybe it's something on my end...

At any rate, thanks again, Tod!
Old 08-04-2022, 06:56 PM   #108
Glennbo

Quote:
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm still not able to download from the links.

I don't understand... the google drive page has three vertical dots, I click on them and a "Details" link is displayed. I click on details and it says
Sharing: anyone with link can view.
Downloads: Viewers can download.

Seems like it should work, but I still can't download. Maybe it's something on my end...

At any rate, thanks again, Tod!
Not something on your end. I see the same thing.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:09 AM   #109
PMan

Thanks, Glennbo.

Glitches like this make me feel like I'm in the twilight zone!
Old 08-05-2022, 09:47 AM   #110
Glennbo

Quote:
Thanks, Glennbo.

Glitches like this make me feel like I'm in the twilight zone!
I tried using Firefox first, then I disabled all protections and tried it again, with the same result of it wanting me to sign into a Google account, which I neither have nor want.

After that I tried using another browser "Chromium" and was still prompted to sign into Google to download any files.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:31 PM   #111
PMan

Hah!

I did pretty much the exact same thing.

Tried Firefox (no 3rd party cookies), Firefox with standard (no) protection, and then Chromium.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #112
Tod

Quote:
Not something on your end. I see the same thing.
Okay guys, check them out now, they should be working.

Please don't click on the blue demos on top unless you want to download them, which fine with me if you actually want them. I've got to try and get them working again.

I'm not a swearing guy but damn that google.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:23 PM   #113
PMan

Sorry Tod, still not working.

Don't stress about this, I have the SFZ version already...
Old 08-05-2022, 09:53 PM   #114
Tod

Quote:

Wow, I can't believe it.

This is the direct DL for the multi miced drums, does it work for you?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s..._l_dlwECMPnZaQ
Old 08-06-2022, 02:58 PM   #115
Glennbo

Quote:
Wow, I can't believe it.

This is the direct DL for the multi miced drums, does it work for you?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s..._l_dlwECMPnZaQ
Clicking the download button still takes me to a "Sign in to continue to Google Drive" page.

I wonder if the .zip were changed to something else, like .mp3 or something if that would change anything. If it let us download, we'd have to rename it back to .zip to unzip it.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:49 PM   #116
Tod

Quote:
Clicking the download button still takes me to a "Sign in to continue to Google Drive" page.

I wonder if the .zip were changed to something else, like .mp3 or something if that would change anything. If it let us download, we'd have to rename it back to .zip to unzip it.
Thanks Glennbo, I just got finished with "Google Help 1" and they said the links I provided them (same links I have posted) were working. Then they directed me to others that were having the same problem and I got very little out of that.

Tomorrow I'm going to try making another folder on my google drive and moving them there.

It appears this has been a major problem, I wonder why they haven't fixed it?
Old 08-06-2022, 06:25 PM   #117
Tod

Quote:

Quote:

Okay guys, here's an experiment. See if these links give you access to the files.

SMDrums_TX16WX Patches.zip>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...rDKZiO112lMxaQ

SMDrums TX16Wx Guide.zip>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...ktOPD1D8U-U01w
Old 08-06-2022, 06:39 PM   #118
Glennbo

Quote:
Okay guys, here's an experiment. See if these links give you access to the files.

SMDrums_TX16WX Patches.zip>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...rDKZiO112lMxaQ

SMDrums TX16Wx Guide.zip>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8s...ktOPD1D8U-U01w
Both of those instantly displayed the contents on the Google page and clicking the download button successfully downloaded them.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:56 PM   #119
Tod

Quote:
Both of those instantly displayed the contents on the Google page and clicking the download button successfully downloaded them.
Aah, okay Glennbo, now I can do the same with all the other files.

Thank you my friend.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:34 PM   #120
Tod

Okay, I think all the links will work, but I'll wait until they are tested.