Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2020, 04:32 AM   #1
masdaf
Human being with feelings

Default Muffled and awful sound quality

Hi, I use Reaper with Bias Fx 2 plugin and until some time ago was having a blast with it. Then, one day I get this very muffled and just downright terrible sound coming out of it. I didn't change a setting, it just happened. I messed around a bit but couldn't solve it. Then, I uninstalled Reaper and then reinstalled it and to my surprise the problem was gone. For a few hours. Then it came back and kept coming back unless I uninstall and reinstall. And now it doesn't go away even after I reinstalled it. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Thank you a million times in advance, I just couldn't find anything on this.

Edit (updates): (new) Okay, I don't know why I haven't tried this before but I'm shocked. When recorded with that crappy sound and rendered, the exported recording was just fine! But I'm still hearing the terrible sound while I'm playing and also when I play the recording on Reaper. But what does this mean? Where is the problem exactly?

I have both Reaper and Bias Fx 2 licenced.

I tried different guitar, guitar cable, aux cable and speaker.

When I play the guitar directly without FX or bypass Bias it still sounds just a bit muffled but nowhere near bad as when it's with FX

When I use Bias standalone, it works just fine, the problem is only when I use it as a plugin in Reaper

There is also significant latency accompanying the crappy sound. ( I think this point is important but I lack the knowledge to understand why)

When I listen to a track (a song) on reaper, it sounds perfectly normal.

Thank you everyone who's trying to find the solution, you are perfect human beings!

Last edited by masdaf; 05-30-2020 at 08:15 AM. Reason: update
masdaf is offline   Reply With Quote