Old 04-20-2018, 12:16 AM   #1
jansmoczynski
Human being with feelings

Default Waves Tune problems when use on Items

I use waves tune on items not on track when I do all the edit job. When I bounce song offline there is a big problem (drops, slices, strange soundig moments) generally tuned tracks sound difference than during mixing. When I do it Online (rendering) everything is ok. Any ideas? (yes I use rewire on it)

thanks
jansmoczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:58 AM   #2
Goldreap

I'm afraid that this is how Waves Tune works.
Below is a question I sent to Waves support some time ago followed by their reply:

"I did some 'rendering' tests looking at various permutations of offline/online, render master mix or stems or items, track FX or item FX, render settings in preferences, item right click options i.e. glue, render, or 'apply track/take FX to items as new take' etc.

Without listing detailed results my conclusions are:

Corrected tuning can be rendered offline but only if rendering master mix (rather than stems or item).
To render stems or items correctly, online rendering must be chosen.
The item right click options glue, render, or 'apply track/take FX to items as new take', do not render the corrected tuning (even if 'Limit apply FX/render stems to real time' in preferences is checked}.
Anticipative FX processing settings don't make any difference.
Whether WavesTune is a track or item FX doesn't make any difference.

It seems that to render bits and pieces as you go rather than waiting for a master mix render, online render must be used.

Is this the intended behavior?"

They replied:

" Waves tune is able to tune correctly when performing an offline render only when rendering the main output. In order to render separate tracks, you will need to render online.
This it the intended behavior and it is by design."

So if you like to render bits and pieces as you go rather than waiting for a master mix, looks like the best workflow is to online render an item (from the main render panel) with 'All rendered items to new tracks in project' checked, then move the item back into the original track...best to manually remove the old item before moving the new (or have 'trim content behind media items when editing' checked) OR have project settings/advanced/item mix behaviour set to 'items always replace earlier items'. All very bloody fiddly.
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:10 AM   #3
G-Sun

Using vst3?
Have set up Waves Rewire?
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote