Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
samspade
Human being with feelings

Default How save a recording as a .wav file?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can explain how I can save a recording with Reaper as just a .wav file? I don't want to save as .RPP file, only as a .wav file. Sorry for the somewhat n00b question, but I am very new to computer recording and Reaper as well. Thank you for any helpful replies.
samspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
pipelineaudio
Mortal

go to file\render and set your options yu can go to mp3 there as well
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:33 AM   #3
samspade

Thanks for the help Pipelineaudio. I was wondering how I can save the project as a .wav file to my desktop or my documents etc.. not necessarily setting what the output file type would be. It was already set to .wav file, but that's good to know. Sorry for any confusion.

For example do I go to "file" then "save project" or should I go to "file" and then "consolidate/export"? Because when I select "save project as" it will only save it as a .RPP file that can only be opened in Reaper. I want to save the project as a .wav file so I can burn it to a cd.

Thanks again for any assistance.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
Art Evans
Mortal

The project file is just a list of instructions to Reaper on what to do with the original files. You can actually open it in a text editor if you want to read it - it's just text, not audio. So using the "render" command is what makes Reaper create a new audio file (of whatever format you want) that can then be opened in whatever other audio playing program you care to use.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
samspade

Ok guys I have it figured out now. It's just as simple as Pipelineaudio originally posted. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I had used Audacity in the past and it was slightly and more straight forward (easier) in the way you saved your work to a .wav (or .mp3) file than Reaper, but Reaper seems more professional once you get the hang of it. Thanks again.