Old 11-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
fbeauvaisc
Human being with feelings

Default Master Channel / Control Room

I don't know if I'm missing a few tricks, I'm still new to Reaper but I would love to see a headphones / Speaker B / Main Out toggles with assignable outputs on the Master Channel.

It would be great to be able to have click volumes as well. Cubase actually does that pretty well with it's "Control Room"

In the meantime, does anyone know any extensions that can do this?

Thanks you,
fbeauvaisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #2
Masi

In Reaper you have Monitoring FX. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
fbeauvaisc

Not really what I am looking for. I am using the monitoring fx for izotope insight.

I've already assigned an additional headphones output in the master channel and I've assigned an action to toggle between speakers and HP but it would be neat to have all this included in the master channel.

I've also assigned a the metronome's output to a track so I can have quick access to it's volume but I'm still struggling with the fact the click stops whenever I solo another track. I'd need to have the click track solo slave to all other tracks but it seems there has to be an easier way I have not though of yet.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:49 PM   #4
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeauvaisc View Post
I've also assigned a the metronome's output to a track so I can have quick access to it's volume but I'm still struggling with the fact the click stops whenever I solo another track. I'd need to have the click track solo slave to all other tracks but it seems there has to be an easier way I have not though of yet.
Hi fbeauvaisc,
have you tried to set metronome's track solo button to "Solo defeat" state? Then it will keep playing even if you solo some other tracks.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:18 AM   #5
Judders

I've not tried it, but off the top of my head I would set up output busses and use SWS snapshots to toggle the output channel with keyboard shortcuts.

http://www.sws-extension.org/snapshots.php

Choose the hardware outputs in track routing and uncheck parent/master send, bypassing REAPER's master output channel.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:53 AM   #6
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
Hi fbeauvaisc,
have you tried to set metronome's track solo button to "Solo defeat" state? Then it will keep playing even if you solo some other tracks.
YES! that's it! I feel I should have seen this. There as been so many things to configure quickly in the last few weeks. I missed this. I need to find the time to read the full manual.

Thank you!
Old 11-30-2018, 06:05 AM   #7
Judders

Here's a simple project with the snapshot output toggle (not sure if the hardware outputs will carry over to your system).

You'll need to download SWS extensions, and then open up the action menu to assign keyboard shortcuts (or MIDI messages, or whatever) to the SWS snapshots.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp Output_Toggle.RPP (5.8 KB, 133 views)
Old 11-30-2018, 06:15 AM   #8
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Here's a simple project with the snapshot output toggle (not sure if the hardware outputs will carry over to your system).

You'll need to download SWS extensions, and then open up the action menu to assign keyboard shortcuts (or MIDI messages, or whatever) to the SWS snapshots.
Thanks I'll check this out!
Old 11-30-2018, 06:23 AM   #9
Judders

It's definitely worth installing SWS extensions anyway; they add a LOT of functionality to REAPER.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:25 AM   #10
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
It's definitely worth installing SWS extensions anyway; they add a LOT of functionality to REAPER.
Yes it's one of the first things I installed.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #11
Eraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeauvaisc View Post
I've already assigned an additional headphones output in the master channel and I've assigned an action to toggle between speakers and HP but it would be neat to have all this included in the master channel.
Anyone knows how to toggle between different sends in the master channel, like fbeauvaisc did?
EDIT: NVM got it working

Last edited by Eraz; 12-13-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote