Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 03-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #41
heylow
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
I've created two videos to demonstrate what many of us feel is missing in the editing capabilities of Reaper.

First, the way you copy and paste bits and pieces in Reaper:
http://stashbox.org/73775/CopyPasteP...2_mp3audio.avi

Then, the part we would like to add to Reapers capabilities. It is easiest demonstrated in another application, in this case Protools, which is the most predominant application in use for this type of editing:

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/73774/C...7_mp3audio.avi
Airon, I'm not seeing these videos....I get a "file not found" error. User error or is it actually not working?

[dt]
..:: http://liontamersblues.tumblr.com/ ::..
heylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #42
airon

Re-uploaded, and I've fixed the original post.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/128128/...2_mp3audio.avi

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/128127/...7_mp3audio.avi
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #43
heylow

Great thread!

You guys are really on fire here and I really only have one thing to add thus far. It's been said already in other threads, I know...but I think it bears repeating here as I'm sure most of you guys will agree:

I'd SO love to see REAPER add a Pen Tool for sample-level waveform editing (mouth pops, funky waveforms, etc).....this is a total must-have for voice over/dialog editing which is important to post and pro-audio alike.

Trying to use an external editor for this purpose is absolutely dismal for many reasons. Among them, no external editor I've used has any kind of useful scrubbing tools.....not to mention that external editors will not open up to the place you were working in the host.

[dt]
..:: http://liontamersblues.tumblr.com/ ::..

Last edited by heylow; 03-10-2009 at 01:25 AM.
heylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #44
outloaf

Default Save channels/mixer

I would love if there were a feature that allowed you to take a snapshot or save selected track/buss/fx settings for dumping the exact settings into another session. Would be much easier for mixing more than one song that has to have the same general sound. I know it's possible with the current options but you have to re-route sends, move, and delete tracks. From what I hear Cubase has a similar feature in the mixing board view.
outloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:55 AM   #45
The-Zeronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by outloaf View Post
I would love if there were a feature that allowed you to take a snapshot or save selected track/buss/fx settings for dumping the exact settings into another session. Would be much easier for mixing more than one song that has to have the same general sound. I know it's possible with the current options but you have to re-route sends, move, and delete tracks. From what I hear Cubase has a similar feature in the mixing board view.
A REALLY BIG +1
The-Zeronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #46
Ben Zero

I was thinking about this too lately - would be great. Probably quite messy to implement though I guess - somehow whatever you had in the mixer has to tally with your (now new) tracks...

Ben
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #47
outloaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero View Post
I was thinking about this too lately - would be great. Probably quite messy to implement though I guess - somehow whatever you had in the mixer has to tally with your (now new) tracks...

Ben
Very true. But when mixing more than one song, your general subgroups and basic bulk of sends/busses will be the same. I guess just a simple "save selected track settings and fx" and a "load selected track settings and fx" option. Basically it would just go by the number of tracks you have selected. Kind of a blind relocation of settings. With that you can drop in say Drum busses.. then your guitar busses, the vox.. then master stereo out without having to even import, move, or delete tracks in the session.
outloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #48
semiquaver

maybe timecode options to pull-up and down which would be linked to the playback rate would be helpful...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #49
The-Zeronaut

and how about something like "save only FX or save only Sends or save all but not the automation or ALL but not the master bus or things like that" so we can save 2 or 3 or all of the options

this would be really really REALLY helpful (at least for me)
The-Zeronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #50
airon

You can save tracks to track templates. Open your target session in a new project tab or new Reaper instance, and copy/paste tracks(with their FX settings but not routing options). You can copy/paste FX chains between project tabs' FX Chain windows.

How would copying routings work? How would the application know to route anything ?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #51
semiquaver

you could save routing in a track template so long as all the sends are to other tracks in the template itself. That would be quite useful and I think that's about as much as you could do...
semiquaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #52
czarnekci

Default automation

I've read some things about automation at the beginning of this topic. I'm working in post-production but want to use reaper for music stuff, and I miss lot of automation option in almost EVERY DAW.

I'm looking for options like preview, capture, fill to punch, fill to end.....Nuendo and Protools have these options. I thought about purchase cubase but hopefully I realized that these option are nuendo-only available. I think this is very expensive 800 USD more just for something like that.

I don't understand how to work with plug-ins without preview mode. And in cubase, I was disappointed when I was making a rough mix at the beginning of the song, and when I push stop before the end, all the faders return to ZERO!!

I hope you'll understand me, because of my french way to speak english

I loved to see this kind of automation in reaper: and that's the best way to have a really HUGE difference with cubase, sonar, traktion and more...Just thinking about automation like a real mixer: you don't need to watch your screen (and you can't see automation lane in a real mixer, but don't need to...), you know how the automation responding.
czarnekci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #53
airon

Some of these Nuendo features have been suggested in another FR thread already. See here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=26116

It's pretty useful stuff, and we have global overrides now at least, but there's much more to do, and it's all just data handling. No magic DSP or groundbreaking research involved. Just ways to record and apply small amounts of data.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 AM   #54
czarnekci

Hello,

I've started this topic http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...d=1#post333270 about a problem with recording the "output" of the folders...

By thinking about this, I wanted to request some features about monitoring.

I think if we want to record folder-track, we always want to record the "output" of the folder.

When I'm recording something in the folder, and press play, I will listen both foldered-tracks and folder's items!! very strange...

So the feature I'm requesting is a real monitoring matrix, wich could be like this one

I've made a picture for reaper:

It would be great even in stereo!

Another useful feature would be for the grouping matrix: adding "Monitor" and record!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg routing-matrix-euphonix.jpg (48.0 KB, 2118 views)
File Type: png routing-matrix-reaper.png (27.0 KB, 2167 views)
czarnekci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #55
DanXIV

Render to mp2
DanXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #56
adeser

Default timecode

Hey guys !

How are things with the "better timecode" support ?
adeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #57
airon

That stuff has not changed yet. It's still that retarded Bars&Beats setting in the Grid setup, though of course the timecode indicator can be switched to anything you want.

Since a new kind of Feature Request system is in place, where people can vote on things, here are two of those so-called Issues that are very useful for post production:

Improved Video Support, including timecode grids
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=604

Area Selection
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=122

Please bear in mind that the Issue Tracker is not for discussing feature requests, and +1 or "me too"ing requests. If you have an additional idea that would be great for the feature request, go and post it, else simply vote.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:09 AM   #58
adeser

Maybe is hard to implement such a feature, since Digidesign ask you 1500 bucks for DV toolkit to have timecode feature in Protools... but protools is a ripoff anyway so...I'll wait
adeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #59
airon

You can sometimes grab iLok licenses off Ebay for just the DV Toolkit 2 and Digitranslator respectivley, without all that plugin junk for around $400.

Yeah, I'm waiting too .
Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #60
musicbynumbers

Because of Billoons per item send fx idea it made me think that a great post production feature for working with surround sound would be a easy way per item to go into an items properties and with a simple matrix being able to connect up any of the items channels to any of the tracks channels instead of it being forced through particular ones.

I know you could this per track but per item is a good way for sound fx that are say stereo to be "downmixed" to surround to be used along side surround fx or music.

hope that makes some sense!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #61
drakem

WOW
This topic still exists?!!!
I'm quoting myself now

"Hi
This is my first post here, and I would like to say HELLO, and... thank you. Reaper is just amazing piece of craftmanship. I´ve demoed it now for couple of days. I´ve transfered some of our work from Nuendo just for fun. Briliant. Not a single hickup.
My money will be sent as soon as I finish current production. With Nuendo .
For post for me
- Show frames in the Video event/item
- Time code track is a bit confusing. What about sync options in the pref?.
- Media Bay/Sample database. Mix of Nuendos Pool and Vegas Database. With custom tags, rating, info, blabla.
- ReaMote for Video - ReaPAL!!!. That will bring Reaper in every post studio!!. If we can sync Video from other PC or laptop.... OMG!.
- Snap point for Items. To make it easy to sync samples.
- Sync to External source.
Thats for now.
But anyway, its a fantastic application. Will jump ship as soon as my clients pay current bills and go. Need time to practice key-strokes .

drakem "

I didnt have the time to use reaper extensilively during those 2 YEARS. I didnt buy the license yet, I've uninstalled it and never looked back. But ...
You guys know Cubendo forum. Most professional support for Steinborg users. We had discussion about Reaper and some Big Guns said there a using Reaper for sound design. And I'm on the look for a future investment, be it PT or Audacity; what is important for me is a future of my investments at the moment.
To be honest, I've invested 16k U$ to get MCPro, and this thing flys...even with N4. But again..
I was curious and downloaded the demo again ( mind here; its 2 years ago and I probably reinstalled the 2nd workstation's OS 7 times so no copyright violation I hope) and gave it a go!.
WOW.....Fast, STABLE!, good looking, simple Win handling, booted in what.. 3 secs (sic!)...goes and goes..
Nice one you have it there, but...
My points, or some of those are still valid more or less. Didnt have enough time to check more ...

Where is ReaPAL?
And a big one.

PLEASE JUSTIN, can you somehow include EUCON PRO?. Logic does it for free, N4 users have to spend 1500U$ (dont know why since I paid 16k for the unit and 2k for the software itself), Sequioa does it know (ver 10). Is it possible? If yes then...
I dont want to sit on multi $k mouse and use HUI protocol to control F/;' Tools!!.
PLEASE!!
And make the ReaPAL..

best regards
drakem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #62
dterry

I'll echo some comments here with my wishlist for post (and scoring):

1 - True video track with thumbnails - too confusing managing video from an audio track.
2 - Decklink video output support
3 - Remote video slave support
4 - ADR style video overlays for punches, streamers, etc - sent to external video playback, or slave video system to second/external monitor.
5 - Folders to completely hide contained tracks (a la Nuendo) - no lines or minimum height tracks - just takes up space in large track-count projects. I use folders to compact high track count projects in sections - all I need is the folder and a composite track overview for that folder (e.g. give folders a "folder only" option for ease of management).
6 - Eucon Pro support
7 - VST instrument rack for quicker access (and easier management of multiple outputs?)
8 - Ability to scrub objects to video via head, tail and sync point (Soundtrack Pro actually has the coolest implementation of this with a 3 window video scrub preview).

Obviously not a simple request list, but there it is.

I use Nuendo currently, which is a great app of course, but there is a lot I like about Reaper that sets it apart (launching in 3 seconds and working perfectly with plugins and VSTis that seem to bomb Nuendo are only part of that).

Very impressive app and development progress!
dterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #63
airon

Hello. I'm an editor/re-recording mixer and long-time Reaper user(as well as PT for most of my work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dterry View Post
I'll echo some comments here with my wishlist for post (and scoring):

1 - True video track with thumbnails - too confusing managing video from an audio track.
This is a question of item overviews. The waveform overview uses up to four mip-maps and images can already be told to function as backgrounds to items, so some form of image reproduction from a scan of the video should not be a huge problem, once they get the video playback functioning well.

Quote:
2 - Decklink video output support
Please add a link or two for this to the card manufacturers and explain why dedicated video card with SDI/RGB is important to you.

Quote:
3 - Remote video slave support
If you mean sending out sync to other players, that's already possible. See the stuff about MTC and LTC in the manual. Reaper needs to play back video properly before we can have it functioning as a video slave though. Reaper can already network instances of itself on a local network, much like Logic does with its nodes.

Quote:
4 - ADR style video overlays for punches, streamers, etc - sent to external video playback, or slave video system to second/external monitor.
Video processing. That's asking a lot. Why don't you include a link list of the best streamer applications for reference. I hardly ever use them, so my preference wouldn't be useful.

Quote:
5 - Folders to completely hide contained tracks (a la Nuendo) - no lines or minimum height tracks - just takes up space in large track-count projects. I use folders to compact high track count projects in sections - all I need is the folder and a composite track overview for that folder (e.g. give folders a "folder only" option for ease of management).
Definitely grab the SWS extension at http://www.standingwaterstudios.com/ . It'll give you effective means of dealing with track visibility and show/hide snapshots. Until Reaper itself gets this kind of thing, this extension is your most useful option for managing a lot of tracks.

Quote:
6 - Eucon Pro support
They had contacted Euphonix about this, but haven't said how far they'd gotten with it yet. Euphonix is a little funky with its Mac-Only policy on the artist series, which may be a reason that Reaper hasn't been more supportive of this highly useful protocol.

Quote:
7 - VST instrument rack for quicker access (and easier management of multiple outputs?)
A rack of this sort might not happen, but you never know in what way the developers surprise us with something clever.

Meanwhile, the Screensets view might come in handy. Experiment with those, since they can open up plugin windows as well. Be sure to tell of their shortcomings or pop questions. There are plenty of former Cubase users here as well to assist you. The General forum and the Tips&Tricks forum are good places to post those questions.

Quote:
8 - Ability to scrub objects to video via head, tail and sync point (Soundtrack Pro actually has the coolest implementation of this with a 3 window video scrub preview).
This is covered in this feature request in the Issue Tracker, which is where discussed and matured feature requests are posted to be voted on. You'll find the video request here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=604

Quote:
Obviously not a simple request list, but there it is.

I use Nuendo currently, which is a great app of course, but there is a lot I like about Reaper that sets it apart (launching in 3 seconds and working perfectly with plugins and VSTis that seem to bomb Nuendo are only part of that).

Very impressive app and development progress!
Welcome the to fun and be sure to vote on other requests useful to post production such as Area Selection and Bins.

Last edited by airon; 08-14-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #64
dterry

Thanks for the reply airon.

Quote:
Please add a link or two for this to the card manufacturers and explain why dedicated video card with SDI/RGB is important to you.
Decklink cards are here: http://www.blackmagicdesigns.com
One of the most popular for external SD/HD video playback (HDMI, composite, etc) as it provides decompression internally, streams PJpeg and MJPeg better than stock graphics cards. There are others of course (Avid, etc). Support for the driver/codec is required to playback with a Decklink card.

Quote:
If you mean sending out sync to other players, that's already possible. See the stuff about MTC and LTC in the manual.
MTC is fine for rough sync, but ProTools 8 has it's own satellite sync protocol, and Nuendo/Cubase use System Link - both of which are more accurate/faster than MTC (MTC lacks scrub capability).

re: ADR overlays...

Quote:
Video processing. That's asking a lot. Why don't you include a link list of the best streamer applications for reference. I hardly ever use them, so my preference wouldn't be useful.
This may be well beyond the scope of where Reaper is headed in general, or at least in the short term, but I thought I would toss it out for consideration, discussion, etc.

MOTU's digital performer has streamers and punches, etc: http://www.motu.com/products/softwar...streamers.html

Nuendo 5 is supposedly slated to add these as well (from a forum statement by Steinberg).

Other software includes ADR Studio, VoiceQ (http://www.voiceq.com/index.php?opti...d=45&Itemid=73) etc. - going a bit beyond streamers, etc. is that these offer scrolling synced text.

Quote:
They had contacted Euphonix about this, but haven't said how far they'd gotten with it yet. Euphonix is a little funky with its Mac-Only policy on the artist series, which may be a reason that Reaper hasn't been more supportive of this highly useful protocol.
Eucon Pro is dual platform - only the artist series is Mac-only, and appears it will remain that way.
dterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #65
RAgamesound

Default Thanks Airon

I think you guys have a lot of the must-haves covered. One essential I'd like to +1 to is the "automation snapshots". That's absolutely crucial. I need to be able to watch a scene in repeat, adjust the FX paramaters as I listen to find the ideal settings, and then apply those settings to the track. And another track later. Etc. etc. Also, it'd be great to be able to fade between different snapshots.

Thanks! Reaper's a great DAW, and once it implements the suggestions on this change and starts to superserve the Post-Production community I'll be able to fully embrace it as my DAW of choice :-)
RAgamesound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #66
Filmusic

Default AFF from Protools

I'm into Reaper for a few days now - I like it! I like the community aspect, I like the talent of the Reaper team.

I've hit a wall though - I need AFF import from Avid to get over my wall,

any speculation when this may/could happen (fingers crossed!)
Filmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #67
airon

This will most likely require you to convert via Protools-Digitranslator and save as a Protools 5 session.

AATranslator (charging a small fee compared to ProConvert) can then translate the Protools 5 file to a Reaper session. That version of AATranslator is about to be released actually and will cost slightly more than the current one I'm told. ProConvert can of course convert it to either Vegas Text EDL or Samplitude EDL which Reaper can import nativley.

AAF so far seems unlikely to be supported by anyone but Digitranslator itself, because it's such a huge spec.

Last edited by airon; 09-04-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:58 AM   #68
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAgamesound View Post
I think you guys have a lot of the must-haves covered. One essential I'd like to +1 to is the "automation snapshots". That's absolutely crucial. I need to be able to watch a scene in repeat, adjust the FX paramaters as I listen to find the ideal settings, and then apply those settings to the track. And another track later. Etc. etc. Also, it'd be great to be able to fade between different snapshots.
This is on the to-do list as well. The extension of SWS does in fact let you capture snapshots of automation and practically everything else, but it does not let you paste that settings across an area yet. It only lets you write that snapshot to the edit cursor, so it's very limited if I haven't missed anything. Only good for progressive virgin territory writing.

They've been sent videos and explanations. They're aware of what Nuendo can do to a certain degree, and of what Protools can do with its Preview and Capture functions. They'll get to it.

Quote:
Thanks! Reaper's a great DAW, and once it implements the suggestions on this change and starts to superserve the Post-Production community I'll be able to fully embrace it as my DAW of choice :-)
They're moving along at a good pace. You'll find a rather interesting release in the Pre-Release forum now. There's something for us post folks there too, though none of the big ones like Video and Area Selection.

Don't forget to vote, no matter what.

Improved Video Support

Area Selection

Reaper Media List/Bay/Bins

-edited for spelling mistakes,sheesh-

Last edited by airon; 09-09-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #69
musicbynumbers

I wish I could double vote for better video support, might have a feature film coming up!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #70
airon

Don't I wish. Right now it's still PT this and PT that. We've gathered over 80 votes now on the video and area selection. Keep them coming ladies and gents and tell all your fellow post users to vote as well.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #71
bsidestudios

Default Just wondering how to

How do i get a message to the guys writing this awesome software? I am a full time audio engineer and have been working with a few guys for a while on a whole new type of software for mixing. Would love to approach the reaper guys about it.....
bsidestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #72
airon

Try posting in the developer section of the forum, or email them via support -at- cockos -dot- com .
--------------------------------------------------------

-edit-
added 23.976 support for Timecode Generator and Sync

I'd also like to state that we have at least four feature requests in the issue track that play a viable role for the editors amongst us. They are :

Please feel free to mention others here by either posting in this thread, or PM'ing me so I can add them to this post.

Last edited by airon; 01-04-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #73
two stars

Default mixer scenes

Hi folks,
i've only been toying with reaper for a few days so forgive me if i repeat anything already mentioned...

On the subject discussed further up about saving track templates, i was thinking about this the other day, the ability to save 'mixer scenes' or mixer snapshots (routing, fx, vol, pan, etc etc) of an entire mix - similar to the SWS snapshots feature, except with the ability to...
a) save these settings to a database outside of the project so that they can be imported into other existing projects (either as a straight track-to-track copy or via some kind of mapping page)
b) assign saved 'scenes' to regions and/or markers within a project. So for a basic example you could separate a song into verse and chorus regions and then assign a mixer scene to each, as a kind of alternate approach to automation.

as an extension of this it'd be nice to have some kind of 'album mode' for grouping projects together (for example a bunch of songs all recorded on the same day with the same setup, where your basic mixing needs are going to be very similar for each individual song) and having the (switchable) ability to apply changes to volume, pan, fx etc universally to other projects assigned to the album. Obviously there comes a point in mixing a body of work where you'd want to separate off from this approach and focus on the subtleties of each song individually, but it'd be a useful shortcut for reaching a unified ballpark sound.
two stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #74
jooch

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
A rack of this sort might not happen, but you never know in what way the developers surprise us with something clever.
Why not? to me, this is definitely the biggest annoyance when i work with Reaper. Every sequencer seems to have it's strong points, efficiency of the interface in my opinion isn't reapers strongest point.

This looks far better to me:

ANOTHER REQUEST
A menu editor. I lose a lot of time because i have to find functions i regularly use between functions i almost never use.
It could look something like this:

jooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #75
musicbynumbers

We now have a very powerful menu editor in 3.13 and to save whole mixes you can select all the tracks and export them as a track preset. You can even keep items on the tracks. Only prob is that you would have to create a macro to replace the current channels with the new ones instead of just adding them below the new ones.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #76
jooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
We now have a very powerful menu editor in 3.13 and to save whole mixes you can select all the tracks and export them as a track preset. You can even keep items on the tracks. Only prob is that you would have to create a macro to replace the current channels with the new ones instead of just adding them below the new ones.
Nice! I didn't even notice that when i updated my reaper last week.
The only thing in need of attention now is the plugin rack.
jooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #77
Guitar486

Vote here for video's to import audio to separate track!

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=1476
-
----Ok, well how about just a series of cool riffs?
Guitar486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #78
amundsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
And let's not forget, we need the following surround formats:

1. LCR Cinema Stereo LC R

2. 2+2 Quadraphonic L R Lr Rr

3. 3+1 Dolby Surround L C R S
(Pro Logic)

4. 5.1 Film L C R Ls Rs LFE
for Dolby Digital

5. 5.1 SMPTE / ITU L R C LFE Ls Rs

6. 5.1 DTS L R Ls Rs C LFE

7. 6.1 Dolby EX L C R Ls Cs Rs LFE

9. 7.1 SDDS L Lc C Rc R Ls Rs LFE

Legend: L=Left; R=Right; C=Center; S=Surround (mono); Ls=Left Surround; Rs=Right Surround; Lc=Left Center;
Rc=Right Center; Cs=Center Surround; Lr= Left Rear; Rr= Right Rear; LFE=Low Frequency Enhancement

Shane
Adding surround panners would be nice, but besides standard configurations, a free-positioning tool like VBAP with up to 8 channels at least would be useful for multichannel electroacoustic composition, where the spacialization setup can be different for every project.

Amundsen
amundsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #79
dbgrass

Default Preview Selection

As a PARIS user, a great feature to add would be "Play Selection". This would allow you to select an audio object(s) and instantly play just what you have selected.

Thank you.
dbgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #80
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgrass View Post
As a PARIS user, a great feature to add would be "Play Selection". This would allow you to select an audio object(s) and instantly play just what you have selected.

Thank you.
Not sure if it's working on the mac yet but on the pc the "sws extension" that is available from the resources link at the top of this page has play "just" selected plus MANY other things and VERY cool those other things are, check out his website for an idea of what it can give you.

Don't fear it, it is a tiny file that adds a hell of a lot and has never caused problems for me, just the opposite!