Old 04-11-2014, 05:41 AM   #201
hamish
Human being with feelings

option for not seeking playback when click on ruler in ME
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:52 AM   #202
artao

I think this is an appropriate place to put this, as it IS directly MIDI related.
Track Envelopes - add MIDI Learn, PM and UI boxes
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=4740

I'm surprised this isn't already IN Reaper. I see there's been requests for this for years now. Using actions is ... not ideal, to say the least.
artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #203
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm View Post
im not shure if it is possible, but i own 3 MIDIdevices that can send Controller Values above 127.
for example 128.
and some Controllers go as high as 255.

Those Values above 127 are described in the usersmanual.
for example 129 would be a function called "Channel Fine Tuning"
No, they can't. They might display values like that, but they can't send (nor receive) values > 127, because MIDI standard simply doesn't allow this. If your other device shows a value of 128, the lowest value probably is 1 (not 0).

-Data
Old 12-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #204
andrasia

Default Midi CC Replace record mode

Hi, here is a request to add a new mode\or parameter to allow us to record midi cc in replace without erasing note.
For example: record midi note and then midi c.c in loop without erasing the note but just the C.C
Cause now: Replace mode erase midi note when touch the modweel for example.
And in overdub the midi C.C get add on the top of each other.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=151533
andrasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:33 AM   #205
fandango

I find it strange that we're getting stuff like Notation on the way, when basic channel editing is still languishing compared to sequencers that I used in Atari days.

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=978

The ones that stick out majorly:
+ no more sequential identical values when drawing in the controller channel editor.
+ allow the line tool to DRAW controller values (see Issue 838, here, for more pics); and whilst drawing a) Erase underlying values, b) Change density of data depending on 0-127 resolution avoiding build up of sequential identical data

I've moved to using ReaMIDIControl, but it's fiddly and not as integrated as the Midi Editor view. Also, I can't record into these envelopes (I think? I could be wrong here...)
fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:32 AM   #206
Mink99

It looks as if the integration of midi hardware is not in the focus of the majority of the reaper community and therefore also in the scope of the devs.

Bug reports regarding these topics are mostly ignored, questions are not answered in the community, and some days ago I found that one (at least for me) of the mostly annoying bugs regarding midi (always send spp when sending midi clock) was there (and of course notified) from the very beginning of midi in reaper.
Mink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:44 AM   #207
mikeroephonics

Here's a new request I put together. It's a rather detailed post, but in practice, it's much faster to use than what we have now.

FR: Faster Bank & Program Change Entry & Editing:
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=5559
Old 04-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #208
vnanh9x1

We should be able to decrease the width of left-side piano roll graphic, to gain more space.

Load Scales dialog does not remember last visited folder. I don't want it to look in REAPER Resources/Data, I created my own folder, REAPER Resources/Scales, that I want it to look into.
vnanh9x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:53 PM   #209
torreznor

Reordering pitch names via drag and drop, Cubase-like? I think I said it before...
torreznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:43 AM   #210
farjedi

Things that I'd like so far as I dig a little deeper into the midi capabilities of Reaper.

Using one midi track to fire 16 channels of midi to a software sampler is great, but these channels need to have the option for naming, selection, soloing and muting from inside the midi editor.

At the moment a midi filtering plugin has to be used. It works but this will streamline the process within one page.

We need a record button on the midi editor transport. Yes, there is a workaround, but I don't quite understand the logic behind omitting this.

I would like to be able to custom colour portions of the piano roll, to help identify more easily different types of samples on one midi channel, or key switches etc.

Grooves need to be built in, managed and organised from the midi editor. When a groove is loaded the grid lines should move to correspond the with position of the groove. This makes it easier to input midi via a mouse and be within groove without having to keep hitting Quantise.

I recall that was how cubase dealt with it.

Notes recorded in at the end of a looping midi part seem to create a note at the start of the bar if it overhangs the end. This needs a fix. A tad annoying to keep having to delete them.

That's about all I personally need to be happy at the moment.

(edit)..oh and a solo per key function...

Last edited by farjedi; 10-06-2015 at 05:47 AM. Reason: another idea
farjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #211
ivansc

For some reason THIS THREAD http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=159635 is not stickied.

Have a read and then post something to bump it back up the top.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #212
DeathByGuitar

Would you consider adding this to the list?

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=144064

It's probably the only thing standing in the way of Reaper's MIDI being perfect for me. Then again, I have very meager needs.
DeathByGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #213
Vagalume

Nice idea, +1 with this one
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:02 AM   #214
sproost

Default Midi export remembering last visited folder

Just a minor thing and I hope I'm not repeating anyone, but it would make more sense if exporting midi would remember the last folder saved in.
Every midi export, even within 1 session, resets the base folder resulting in having to browse to the desired folder each time.
sproost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:37 AM   #215
ivansc

I think the main source of MIDI FRs these days is the V5 MIDI bugs thread... I'll look out a link.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181729

Some interesting and productive stuff in there.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #216
sproost

whoops, ok thanks!
sproost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:11 AM   #217
Philbo King

I missed this sticky when I recently posted 10 different MIDI FRs here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=196431
Philbo King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #218
Diki Ross

Default Auto assignment of MIDI channels on SMF import

Please, auto-assignment of MIDI in and out channels for tracks when importing SMF's and exploding them to separate tracks.

Seems an utter waste of time to have to go and set them individually, when the channel metadata already tells Reaper what channel they should be on.

Sure, you can change them later if you want to, but why have all tracks with absolutely no in/out assignments as default?
Diki Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #219
audio2u

Default See MIDI as waveform view

I've just created a thread for a new request here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1976681
Old 09-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #220
zigzag312

Default Rename MIDI channels

I use different midi channels for different articulations.

Notes are colored by MIDI channel.

To change articulations I use custom keyboard shortcuts (Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, etc) that set the channel of selected notes. Its fairly quick workflow.

The only problem is that I have to open VSTi to see what channel/color is mapped to which articulation.

Ability to (re)name MIDI channels would be really helpful for this.

Last edited by zigzag312; 03-16-2019 at 08:51 AM.
zigzag312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:52 AM   #221
sweben53

Default Reversing polarity of relative Midi control message modes

I have an arturia beatstep that allows me to have relative modes set up on the knobs.
I have this set up to control plugins. The only combination of the arturia's relative modes and the relative modes in reaper that work in the correct direction require over 5 full knob rotations to get from minimum to maximum on any effect knobs.

There is a mode combination that works at the speed i need, but the direction of the knobs is the opposite to what i need.
If i turn the knob clockwise on the controller, it goes anti clockwise on the effect.

Is it possible to add a "reverse polarity" option ticker box when assigning midi control cc?
The other possible idea is allowing a -3+3, -5+5 and -10+10 increment option (i have no idea if this is even possible)
Thanks for your time 🙂
sweben53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:31 AM   #222
jalfk

have we talked about how midi out clock is out of sync and doesn’t work? many JS work arounds but no official working fix after a decade of people moaning about it
jalfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #223
Philbo King

Default ReaControlMidi - Program text search box FR

I'd very much like to see a text search box, similar to those in the action item list, to make it faster to find a given program once a .ins or .ReaBank file is loaded.

I have a few synths that have over 700 different Programs, and currently have to do this by opening the file in a text editor and searching, with the inherent risk of accidental changes in the file content while it's open.

This would ideally be a simple substring search of the file contents, regardless of Bank location, and would (like the actions text filter) simply trim out any Program names that do not match from the displayed drop-down list.

Thanks to the Devs for all they do!
Old 05-14-2021, 05:59 PM   #224
daeavelwyn

Default Get Reaper MIDI compatible with key sig mechanism

Hello,

As I already reported here : https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...43&postcount=1

and already ask to add this ability in Reascript API, I also post here the fact that we couldn't get the real key signature.

An implementation of this MIDI stuff could really help : http://midi.teragonaudio.com/tech/midifile/key.htm

thanks !
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #225
bolgwrad

Default MIDI note channel tooltip

MIDI editor FR: There may be a script that does a tooltip displaying the MIDI channel of a note, but I can't find it. Even better would be a small indicator on the toolbar showing the channel of a selected note (though multiple channels would obv be a problem).

The 'note properties' window kind of works, but it can't be docked, it has information I don't need, and it's an awkward, large shape to keep on top.

As it is, I use the UK 'defence' industry wire colour code - Red, blue, green, yellow, white, black, brown, violet, orange, pink, turquoise, grey - but it only goes up to 12, then uses composites (eg red/blue, red/green, etc)
Old 06-02-2021, 05:16 PM   #226
daeavelwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeavelwyn View Post
Hello,

As I already reported here : https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...43&postcount=1

and already ask to add this ability in Reascript API, I also post here the fact that we couldn't get the real key signature.

An implementation of this MIDI stuff could really help : http://midi.teragonaudio.com/tech/midifile/key.htm

thanks !
A great workaround thanks to bFooz for reascripters passing by can be found here : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2447151
Old 08-31-2021, 01:34 PM   #227
alextone

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=256859

I've added an FR for adding new midi items in the midi editor.

Given that some of us use the ME almost entirely as our default workspace, particularly writing orchestral/film scores, it seems to be basic common sense to me to be able to stay in the one space, instead of swapping back and forth just to add new items.

Anyone else?

Alex.
Old 07-04-2023, 10:55 AM   #228
dimtok

It sais that the issue tracker is deprecated??
dimtok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 05:48 PM   #229
krahosk

Default V7 MIDI features

Let's undeprecate it by making it active again for V7. Since it's pinned, it can gather more attention than creating a new thread. Let's start with this:

WHAT MIDI FEATURES WOULD BRING REAPER TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 07:09 AM   #230
Denys

As a heavy MIDI user, I wish the "track list" part received more love, as it has much potential. Although I use it every day, I still often misclick and lose my item/track selection...

I haven't used Studio One in a while (since version 2!) but I remember editing multiple items at the same time was very convenient and fluid, which is crucial when you constantly divide/move instruments parts. I often hear Cubase, Logic and even Digital Performer have good MIDI workflows too. What can we learn from those tools?

PS: in the first place, I think a real FR Tracker (like the deprecated Issue Tracker), with the possibility to vote, link duplicates, and follow request/development status would be a very good start.
I also think a better search engine for this forum could help (FR here, just in case).
Old 08-26-2023, 09:06 AM   #231
daeavelwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys View Post
I also think a better search engine for this forum could help (FR here, just in case).
Yes, but as usual, the reaper community does a pretty descent alternative with google.

Try : https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=002458...08:nbhva-j9iic
Old 09-03-2023, 11:42 PM   #232
Kabraxis

A built-in articulation system would be wonderful.
Kabraxis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 01:12 AM   #233
rothchild

MIDI IO 'Groups'

The ability to use more than one but less than all MIDI IO.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=281378
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:00 AM   #234
krahosk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug dog View Post
It took me a while to remember how to pass the short-cut key to the main window. So, for anyone else who's confused, first assign the short-cut key in the main window's action list. Then, there's an action in the MIDI action list called "Misc: pass through key to main window" and you have to assign that action to the same short-cut key that you used in the main window action list. (I hope that makes sense.)

The pass-through key is a essential feature for people who use a lot of the MIDI editor. Yet it's an obscure one, not easily accessible. I forget how to use it too.

The approach to assigning arrange window actions to the MIDI editor should be redesigned one day, because the "pass-through key" in its use and even in its name is something like only a 33th degree mason would know of, through a life-long search, and even then not mastering it completely.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:26 PM   #235
abnegative

Default Default Midi Editor Zoom Setting

When you open the midi editor for a new midi item, the default zoom level shows about 7 octaves of notes for me. I would love for it to be able to default to a zoom level of about 2 or 3 octaves. This way, I can edit instantly (instead of having to zoom in first because the notes are too vertically thin).

Edit:
I wrote this EEL script which pretty much accomplishes what I want:

Code:
item = GetSelectedMediaItem(0, 0);
take = GetActiveTake(item);
source = GetMediaItemTake_Source(take);
GetMediaSourceType(source, typebuf);
!strcmp(typebuf, "MIDI")? (
    Main_OnCommand(40153, 0); // Item: Open in built-in MIDI editor
    i = 128;
    while (i) (
        MIDIEditor_OnCommand(MIDIEditor_GetActive(), 40112); // View: Zoom out vertically
        i -= 1;
    );
    i = 25;
    while (i) (
        MIDIEditor_OnCommand(MIDIEditor_GetActive(), 40111); // View: Zoom in vertically
        i -= 1;
    );
    MIDIEditor_OnCommand(MIDIEditor_GetActive(), 40466); // Zoom to content
) :
(
    Main_OnCommand(40009, 0); // Show media item/take properties
);

Last edited by abnegative; 09-14-2023 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added script solution
abnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:36 PM   #236
GrizzlyAK

Can we have more Ruler options for the MIDI editor? Timecode and clock time (H:M:S and just Seconds) would be super. It would make scoring to picture much easier. If this already exists, I apologize. I've been unable to find it anywhere.
GrizzlyAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 06:38 AM   #237
timmedvedev

Default Ruler Left drag bug

Also about the Ruler… There seems to be a bug with it. Left drag on the Midi Editor Ruler results in setting a new time selection\loop points, even though mouse modifier is set to No action.
I often create really short loop-selections when clicking (rather frantically) on the ruler, which results in glitching and even crashing of Reaper sometimes.

Left-dragging on the lines separating the CC lanes creates new time selection as well.
timmedvedev is offline   Reply With Quote