Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-13-2020, 08:03 PM   #201
franV.
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogish View Post
it's reassuring to know that here is yet another place where we can all avail ourseves of the opinions of sophomoric asswipes.
Typical lounge post. Congrats, the lounge lives again.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:30 PM   #202
peter5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
I was all set to finally win that argument about politics yesterday by cutting and pasting several different memes I had found on FB and 4Chan. Too bad, but when I saw the lounge was gonzo, I booted up Reaper and actually got some work done. My new single “Peter was Never Ever Right” will be dropping on Spotify soon.
Ha! I'm flattered.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:40 PM   #203
franV.

Man, I should not post in the General Discussion Forum, this is where all the nice people, with music hang out. So this will be my final comment, until, and if the "Lounge" is reinstated. Which I doubt at this stage.

I say goodbye to the few free thinkers, anti globalists, proud individuals, non-self hating, not Champagne Communists, woke identity fans, victim hierarchies, begrudgingly GOP voters, anti Brexit, Liberals, Lefties, Pro Feminist critics, Pro Brexit, Fascists, Virtuous/"Nice", Orange man bad, Orange man good crowd that existed in the Lounge are no more.

The obscure and minute corner of the internet, password protected, is no more and who can blame them. One day "somethingaweful" post a link to your site accusing you of harbouring Trump supporters. Followed by massive progressive social media outrage with inevitable accusations of racism, and god forbid Cloudfare involvement.

Loungers, this is not your fault, this is the ever decreasing platform of free thought that is very rare, almost non existent on main stream media.

I enjoyed my time in the Lounge and I thank Justin and the many mods who had to put up with us. I have no resentment, I am saddened for those few who have no other platform. I can point you in some free speech alternatives but who have the stomach for that these days.

Ciao, make beautiful music, make Reaper more awesome.

Last edited by franV.; 02-13-2020 at 08:50 PM.
franV. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:48 PM   #204
jerome_oneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by franV. View Post
Man, I should not post in the General Discussion Forum, this is where all the nice people, with music hang out. So this will be my final comment, until, and if the "Lounge" is reinstated. Which I doubt at this stage.

I say goodbye to the few free thinkers, anti globalists, proud individuals, non-self hating, not Champagne Communists, woke identity fans, victim hierarchies, begrudgingly GOP voters, anti Brexit, Liberals, Lefties, Pro Feminist critics, Pro Brexit, Fascists, Virtuous/"Nice", Orange man bad, Orange man good crowd that existed in the Lounge are no more.

The obscure and minute corner of the internet, password protected, is no more and who can blame them. One day "somethingaweful" post a link to your site accusing you of harbouring Trump supporters. Followed by massive progressive social media outrage with inevitable accusations of racism, and god forbid Cloudfare involvement.

Loungers, this is not your fault, this is the ever decreasing platform of free thought that is very rare, almost non existent on main stream media.

I enjoyed my time in the Lounge and I thank Justin and the many mods who had to put up with us. I have no resentment, I am saddened for those few who have no other platform. I can point you in some free speech alternatives but who have the stomach for that these days.

jerome_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #205
peter5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by tls11823 View Post
...and where else can I go when I want half of the threads to turn into two-person, never-ending discussions about Julian Assange?
You can't! You can't!

You see ... only the lounge goes to 11!

Old 02-13-2020, 11:16 PM   #206
pipelineaudio
Mortal

All you chickens not showing up in the new FB REAPER Lounge group...fired
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:42 AM   #207
pandabot

I don't have facebook, they ask for too much
pandabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:47 AM   #208
Jorgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
There is such a thing? Been toying with the thought myself.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:43 AM   #209
fred garvin

The lounge, while a mixed blessing, obviously meant something to some of the people here. I don't see what good being dickish about it does for anyone.

Should our paths not cross again, Ben, blade, Crimson, fran, suleiman, Susan, and of course Visco and Xite and the rest of you wherever you are, my best regards and wishes, you're collectively and variously a bunch of weird interesting smart funny annoying misguided talented warm hostile mates and dickheads, like most people, but more so. Nice to have met yas.
fred garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:55 AM   #210
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by franV. View Post

Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:56 AM   #211
Judders

Quote:
Never had a Facebook account.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:37 AM   #212
ivansc

I like the way that certain "unlikely to offend Church Lady & her cohorts threads have been cut `n pasted into the General Disgustion section of the forum!

Old 02-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #213
toleolu

Who remembers superblonde.org from the lounge??

Damn I really miss him. My favorite was his rant about climate change being a conspiracy because Al Gore likes seeing women in bikinis.

Still cracks me up.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #214
pipelineaudio
Mortal

He's always active at the metalmethod forum
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:15 AM   #215
Greedy

Quote:
And end up having Dyz Aster Facebook stalk me? I’ll pass.
Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #216
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Never had a Facebook account.
Same here, despite pressure from others in the past.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:53 PM   #217
Jorgen

“He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.”
― Confucius
Old 02-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #218
peter5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
Who remembers superblonde.org from the lounge??

Damn I really miss him. My favorite was his rant about climate change being a conspiracy because Al Gore likes seeing women in bikinis.

Still cracks me up.
LOL ... not to mention greenie. He actually got banned. As did wadosy. I always thought they were one and the same guy.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #219
Garrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
“He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.”
― Confucius
Great guy.
He hasn't being in the lounge in ages
Garrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #220
pandabot

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
LOL ... not to mention greenie. He actually got banned. As did wadosy. I always thought they were one and the same guy.
What gets someone banned? Are there rules posted someplace?
pandabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:34 PM   #221
Jorgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Brilliant guy. One of a kind. A mind of his own, to say the least. If not for the lounge we would never have encountered him. That goes for other people too. Free spirits. I miss them, even those I didn't particularly like.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:48 PM   #222
Jorgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
Great guy.
He hasn't being in the lounge in ages
So he's not the one with the fake beard? Had me fooled, there.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:50 AM   #223
fixerdave

https://www.askjf.com/ Question: has the forum been formally closed? / sorry I mean the lounge in the forum
Asked by fixerdave (92.6.184.x) on February 8 2020, 3:46pm
Reply on February 11 2020, 9:57pm:
I'm not sure

the man don't know
fixerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #224
lolilol1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Same here, despite pressure from others in the past.
Don't relent. facebook is the single worst thing that has happened to the internet bar none.
lolilol1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:41 AM   #225
Bubble07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolilol1975 View Post
Don't relent. facebook is the single worst thing that has happened to the internet bar none.
Obviously you've never visited Lemonparty.com (do not visit that site ever, serious)

https://soundcloud.com/fi-lo-249446903
Bubble07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #226
brainwreck

I haven't been posting here in a while, so I'm just noticing the disappearance of the lounge. Last few times I popped in just to take a look at what might be going on there, it seemed to have lost it's liveliness of opposing viewpoints. I guess nothing lasts forever. But damn if I didn't learn alot in there over the years through discussion and arguing (of both kinds), even if half of the time spent there (or more) was equally wasted. So I guess I'm torn on it's disappearance. I very much appreciate that Justin and Co. allowed for it to exist over the years nearly without intervention. Discussions there had a big impact on shaping my views on this and that. So I guess on the flipside, it's sad to think that won't be the case for someone else. But at the same time, thanks for the tolerance, where things definitely did get wild at times.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #227
brainwreck

Quote:
Amen..

Maybe we could have the lounge back
with a special folder called politics.
Some of the most heated debate topics I remember in the lounge included AI, songwriting, amp sims... I guess politics definitely did become a dominant topic there, but there were some pretty heated discussions on all sorts of topics. But it does seem that politics threads have become lopsided in the lounge. Did Bevosss go on hiatus or something? I'll definitely miss his insights on political topics. Bevosss is the boss. There was no one in the lounge worthy.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:52 AM   #228
jerome_oneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Some of the most heated debate topics I remember in the lounge included AI, songwriting, amp sims... I guess politics definitely did become a dominant topic there, but there were some pretty heated discussions on all sorts of topics. But it does seem that politics threads have become lopsided in the lounge. Did Bevosss go on hiatus or something? I'll definitely miss his insights on political topics. Bevosss is the boss. There was no one in the lounge worthy.
Amp sims are crap.

Fight me!
Old 02-16-2020, 11:26 AM   #229
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome_oneil View Post
Amp sims are crap.

Fight me!
So what you are saying is that they are as convincing as a stable genius's IQ claims?
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:28 PM   #230
Jorgen

I'm binging Homeland. Coincidence?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #231
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Did Bevosss go on hiatus or something? I'll definitely miss his insights on political topics. Bevosss is the boss. There was no one in the lounge-worthy.
I'm still here bro, I thought YOU had bailed...good to see you back.

So it appears the Lounge has shrunk to the size of this thread?

I just binge-watched 'The Boys' on Prime, which I highly recommend if you like your super-heroes corruptable...strange title for an awesome show, def one of my favourites. https://www.primevideo.com/detail/0K...m_c_8pZiqd_2_2

Been tweaking the latest Windows Terminal build settings which is actually pretty good now...https://www.hanselman.com/blog/ItsTi...sTerminal.aspx

I was about to buy this excellent Powershell Core book on Kindle and then found out Packt lets you read that one for free, along with some others...saved myself $40: https://www.packtpub.com/free-ebooks...rshell-core-60

Nothing too divisive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome_oneil View Post
Amp sims are crap.

Fight me!
Does a Kemper count as an Amp sim?

Last edited by Bevosss; 02-16-2020 at 11:42 PM.
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:26 PM   #232
foxAsteria

So I guess this thread is the new Lounge, eh?
Old 02-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #233
BenK-msx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
that's fine, just saying, it's a bit odd that your "support of reaper" goes away when something unrelated to the program goes away.

If the entire forum disappeared I'd still use reaper. But cool man, you do you
You can drop the passive aggressive line please. And its not binary.

Tbh it's about respecting users, a trust that has been built, the forum and the nature of it, reaper's licence and development and forum users is bound to the brand,

yet they cant even warn users that this might happen to a harmless sub forum or is scheduled to happen, or ban user x, or threaten bans from the lounge specifically..

Nothing.. and the timing? Hmm.

That doesn't mean I am not using reaper or support it, but yes that support is reduced.. Call me odd but check yourself first perhaps!

I won't be as inclined to provide dev feedback or tell Johnny N which videos to watch.

I have, as you and others have put much time helping out around here over 10+yrs for the thrill of the occasional 'thank you..' and helping out another user, as a replacement to expensive customer support.

in return let us talk freely away from the children.. as worked great for years..

As of a few min ago, 130 odd members online ... Is that a good sign?

Moderators who still exist are like 3 people.. pipe' seems to like free speech, can't speak for the others.

Who cares now tho, just watch all the KG videos. Forum will decay.

To shut it down without any warning, losing both its good and bad content, - with no explanation, shows a lack of respect imo, the day after a bad day for TDS sufferers, even more 'odd'.

The principle of just turning off a wealth of accrued free speech like it or lump it - gets my goat personally and I know it's the result of a poorly thought out mindset, hamfistedly implemented.

Noone has to agree. It's simply a shame.

And unlike most lounge chats, where focus is on discussion of points or arguments, am giving very much my personal opinion.

My desire to check in here is way down if they can't even roll out a dubious if somewhat plausible reasoning.

Last edited by BenK-msx; 02-18-2020 at 06:27 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #234
Garrick

Hear hear!
Old 02-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #235
Garrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
So I guess this thread is the new Lounge, eh?
Either that or we bowl all into your procrastinators thread
Old 02-19-2020, 06:43 AM   #236
bob

Bricng the lounge back. We need to discuss this.
https://www.sciencealert.com/scienti...n-humidity/amp
Old 02-19-2020, 06:57 AM   #237
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
You can drop the passive aggressive line please. And its not binary.

Tbh it's about respecting users, a trust that has been built, the forum and the nature of it, reaper's licence and development and forum users is bound to the brand,

yet they cant even warn users that this might happen to a harmless sub forum or is scheduled to happen, or ban user x, or threaten bans from the lounge specifically..

Nothing.. and the timing? Hmm.

That doesn't mean I am not using reaper or support it, but yes that support is reduced.. Call me odd but check yourself first perhaps!

I won't be as inclined to provide dev feedback or tell Johnny N which videos to watch.

I have, as you and others have put much time helping out around here over 10+yrs for the thrill of the occasional 'thank you..' and helping out another user, as a replacement to expensive customer support.

in return let us talk freely away from the children.. as worked great for years..

As of a few min ago, 130 odd members online ... Is that a good sign?

Moderators who still exist are like 3 people.. pipe' seems to like free speech, can't speak for the others.

Who cares now tho, just watch all the KG videos. Forum will decay.

To shut it down without any warning, losing both its good and bad content, - with no explanation, shows a lack of respect imo, the day after a bad day for TDS sufferers, even more 'odd'.

The principle of just turning off a wealth of accrued free speech like it or lump it - gets my goat personally and I know it's the result of a poorly thought out mindset, hamfistedly implemented.

Noone has to agree. It's simply a shame.

And unlike most lounge chats, where focus is on discussion of points or arguments, am giving very much my personal opinion.

My desire to check in here is way down if they can't even roll out a dubious if somewhat plausible reasoning.
The Lounge was mostly opinion being self righteously paraded around as points or arguments. It not being around will have no negative impact on the Forum. Those who require that kind of hangout can easily find another.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:37 AM   #238
foxAsteria

Quote:
Either that or we bowl all into your procrastinators thread
Sure, why not? As long as some songs get finished too. What better way to honor the memory of The Lounge than to write a song about it?

Ode to The Lounge...by The Dalliers in Exile
Old 02-20-2020, 10:37 AM   #239
Garrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
The Lounge was mostly opinion being self righteously paraded around as points or arguments. It not being around will have no negative impact on the Forum. Those who require that kind of hangout can easily find another.
Self righteous gen types.
I’m wondering what is your motivation for even reading this thread
Old 02-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #240
jerome_oneil

Quote:
Self righteous gen types.
I’m wondering what is your motivation for even reading this thread
Clearly, so he can offer up an informed self righteous opinion on it.