Old 05-30-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
robertoliera
Human being with feelings

Default TEMPO ENVELOPE FOR DJ SETUP

I have a problem with the tempo envelope that I would like to solve.

I am a DJ and I am mixing two songs with slightly different bpm. Say 96 and 100. When creating the mix, I have set the project bpm to 96 and the first song is the one at that bpm. Then, in order to mix the faster one I change the rate to match the slow one using the grid on the project. I use one track per song. This allows me to create a perfect synchronized mix.

Included in each track is the main portion of the song and then a rhythmic portion with few loops that I have created to create the seamless mix.

The problem that I have is that if I use a tempo envelope to gradually increase the tempo from the beginning of the first song to the beginning of the second song, all the small loops become out of sync.

The only way to avoid this is to render the mix into a new file and then create another project with such file and then use the tempo envelope...

My question is, how to setup the project of the tracks in a way that all clips change their rate as the grid changes using the tempo envelope?

You can easily replicate this issue if you create a track with several repetitions of as loop, duplicate those on another track and glue them together. If you change the tempo envelope you will see that both track become out of sync even if they stay at the same length...

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks
robertoliera is offline   Reply With Quote