Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #41
larrygates
Human being with feelings

got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
1. I'm not teaching. All I did was comment on the discussion from my own point of view, which is just as valid as yours.

2. I'm not clear what you mean by the word "still". This is the only thing I have said, and will say, on the matter.
larrygates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #42
pipelineaudio
Mortal

[QUOTE=larrygates;492228]Yeah pipe, where's the chat? is it IRC? I'm not good with IRC as I don't know what app I need to join an IRC chat. I'll come in for sure though.
[QUOTE]

You dont need any apps, just click the link in my signature
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #43
Thehaxx

It's moments like this when i'm so glad i have logic 9 AND reaper.

PT is gaydom. Obviously sometimes you need to use it but maaaaaaaan, do yourself a favour and get logic 9.
Thehaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #44
larrygates

Logic 9 isn't revolutionary in any way. Been using logic since 5. So I know logic well, nothing special from 7 to 9 truthfully. Matter fact it took some steps backwards after apple took over for eMagic.

Only a few things I miss from logic (record last take as region / automation as midi clip / arrange window is by far the best one on the market / split demix by note for drums) Other than that, with all the different things that haven't been addressed for a while, and it being locked to apple hardware (price point is retarded for those comps) Logic isn't wowing me back to apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehaxx View Post
It's moments like this when i'm so glad i have logic 9 AND reaper.

PT is gaydom. Obviously sometimes you need to use it but maaaaaaaan, do yourself a favour and get logic 9.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #45
pac-man

Oh yeah you have the apple loops, rescue from all crappy drummers
pac-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 AM   #46
Thehaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygates View Post
Logic 9 isn't revolutionary in any way. Been using logic since 5. So I know logic well, nothing special from 7 to 9 truthfully. Matter fact it took some steps backwards after apple took over for eMagic.

Only a few things I miss from logic (record last take as region / automation as midi clip / arrange window is by far the best one on the market / split demix by note for drums) Other than that, with all the different things that haven't been addressed for a while, and it being locked to apple hardware (price point is retarded for those comps) Logic isn't wowing me back to apple.
Hey Larry. You can quantize your audio with algorithms.

Take performance. Highlight. Flex to musical value. Fix a couple of mistakes the computer made. Tight drum performance in under 2 minutes.

Oh yeah. Then you use the transients to make a midi track with triggers for your kick and snare. Logic offers you a series of appropriate ones (or you can use you own).

Bam. Also it's all non destructive. So you can enable it when the bassplayer is tracking and then take it off if it's too much.

Or you can use a groove template from one tight section and apply it to the whole performance.

Why would anyone edit drums any differently?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #47
larrygates

Why are you attempting to Teach me about Logic 9? Did you not hear me when I said I Know Logic since v5? I have Logic 9, I know basically All the changes except for the Score mode.

You're not telling me anything new, or that I didn't know. And do you know what a "stretch algo is?" Flex time allows you to choose "slice" mode which is just like ALL other DAW's, which is basically chopping a wave at transients. That's the ONLY mode you can use to process multi-mic'd drums. I was saying you CAN NOT use any Stretching Algos "elastik time" to process and quantize multi-mic'd drums.

Seriously when I need a lesson in Logic 6 7 8 or 9 I'll ask directly. If I need a lesson on 2500 dollar macs that should cost 1500 I'll ask. Other than that I really don't need lessons on what Logic 9 can do from a quicktime movie you watched on the apple site. I've only been doing this music thing Professionally since 17.

Quote:
Hey Larry. You can quantize your audio with algorithms.

Take performance. Highlight. Flex to musical value. Fix a couple of mistakes the computer made. Tight drum performance in under 2 minutes.

Oh yeah. Then you use the transients to make a midi track with triggers for your kick and snare. Logic offers you a series of appropriate ones (or you can use you own).

Bam. Also it's all non destructive. So you can enable it when the bassplayer is tracking and then take it off if it's too much.

Or you can use a groove template from one tight section and apply it to the whole performance.

Why would anyone edit drums any differently?
Old 04-24-2010, 01:58 AM   #48
Thehaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygates View Post
Why are you attempting to Teach me about Logic 9? Did you not hear me when I said I Know Logic since v5? I have Logic 9, I know basically All the changes except for the Score mode.

You're not telling me anything new, or that I didn't know. And do you know what a "stretch algo is?" Flex time allows you to choose "slice" mode which is just like ALL other DAW's, which is basically chopping a wave at transients. That's the ONLY mode you can use to process multi-mic'd drums. I was saying you CAN NOT use any Stretching Algos "elastik time" to process and quantize multi-mic'd drums.

Seriously when I need a lesson in Logic 6 7 8 or 9 I'll ask directly. If I need a lesson on 2500 dollar macs that should cost 1500 I'll ask. Other than that I really don't need lessons on what Logic 9 can do from a quicktime movie you watched on the apple site. I've only been doing this music thing Professionally since 17.
Sorry broseph. I wasn't trying to patronise you.

If you have logic 9 why are you trying to edit audio any other way? I'm just really confused. I've been using this feature for 2 weeks now and it's completely blown me away and turned gruelling drum editing into free time.

I've looked at your stuff and you're great. I wasn't saying that you don't know how to use flex. I just put that info in for other people that were in on the thread so they knew where I was coming from with my confusion.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #49
larrygates

Oh ok. I ditched macs, use logic pro on my macbook pro. There's nothing incredible about flex time. And again, I was talking about using any algo other than slicing to do multi track drums.

Flex time is still NOT better than beat detective. There's too many reasons for that, hence me making this thread. I'm actually jumping over to protools again anyway. Remember I own a mix plus and sold my HD2 system, so I know protools!

Quote:
Sorry broseph. I wasn't trying to patronise you.

If you have logic 9 why are you trying to edit audio any other way? I'm just really confused. I've been using this feature for 2 weeks now and it's completely blown me away and turned gruelling drum editing into free time.

I've looked at your stuff and you're great. I wasn't saying that you don't know how to use flex. I just put that info in for other people that were in on the thread so they knew where I was coming from with my confusion.